Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    See my edit
    See mine, even though its not that helpful
    I only tested the program, I don't use it regularly, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Spotify app is soooo good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Got the Hero OS running on my Magic, it's nice if a little laggy on loading the home page, but the million extra features make it worth sticking with. This evening I had a lot of trouble with apps not downloading right away (was connected to the work wifi) but that seems to have resolved itself. Now I need to get my pics and music back on the phone, and sort out my settings to get it all as it was.
    Have you seen this, http://doubletwist.com/ syncs your itunes playlists with your hero and it is fair good

ReputationRep:
    Finally got a Samsung Galaxy a week ago. I'm so in love

(Original post by Hasan)
    I have a couple of other questions I can't find answers to.

I use Gmail to check my other email accounts as well, such as Hotmail and Yahoo. Those emails don't go to my inbox, I have labels for them. So is it possible to check other labels on the Gmail Android app? Also, do tasks on your Google Calendar get synced to the phone?
    Yes, it's trivial to check other labels from with in the app. Google Calendar stuff gets automatically synced both ways, and the support for notifications has me finally using event reminders in gcal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Finally got a Samsung Galaxy a week ago. I'm so in love

Yes, it's trivial to check other labels from with in the app. Google Calendar stuff gets automatically synced both ways, and the support for notifications has me finally using event reminders in gcal.
    If you want the ultimate in task/time management take a look at rememberthemilk.com the have an android app as well and you get a 2 week free trial of it. I loved it and went pro and paid for it. I was sat in a maths lesson when I actually bought it, so much for mobile internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Have you seen this, http://doubletwist.com/ syncs your itunes playlists with your hero and it is fair good
    Not an iTunes user, prefer winamp. I'm going to get a huge SD card and copy a chunk of my MP3 collection to the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Not an iTunes user, prefer winamp. I'm going to get a huge SD card and copy a chunk of my MP3 collection to the phone.
    Ah right, there is probably a winamp plugin for android that syncs music

ReputationRep:
    How the **** do you backup a hero without rooting the phone? don't want to root my phone because i still want my warranty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Ah right, there is probably a winamp plugin for android that syncs music
    Winamp, for the most, will ask you if you want to manage the music on any removable storage device. It just looks for where the music is stored and follows suit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    How the **** do you backup a hero without rooting the phone? don't want to root my phone because i still want my warranty
    http://www.cyrket.com/search?q=backup

MyBackup is good, only lasts 30 days though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    http://www.cyrket.com/search?q=backup

MyBackup is good, only lasts 30 days though.
    i was using the trial version just a few seconds ago but i can't seem to find any of the folders in my sd card when i look on astro file manager :s makes me thing that nothing has gone through and i'm not prepared to update my phone until i'm 100% sure everything has been backed up

ReputationRep:
    i was using the trial version just a few seconds ago but i can't seem to find any of the folders in my sd card when i look on astro file manager :s makes me thing that nothing has gone through and i'm not prepared to update my phone until i'm 100% sure everything has been backed up
    SDCARD\Rerware\MyBackup

ReputationRep:
    SDCARD\Rerware\MyBackup
    where the **** would we htc hero users be without you cheers

ReputationRep:
    where the **** would we htc hero users be without you cheers
    :awesome: Maybe not even using Heroes! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :awesome: Maybe not even using Heroes! :eek:
    very true :p:

another question - this ones even more retarded - how do you switch on an htc hero quickly? because i have to wait a minute for green man thing to come on then another minute or two for the htc thing to stop shining

ReputationRep:
    ffs my hero has just died............ i restored everything now my phones just broke, got things overlapping and all over the place -.-..........

ReputationRep:
    very true :p:

another question - this ones even more retarded - how do you switch on an htc hero quickly? because i have to wait a minute for green man thing to come on then another minute or two for the htc thing to stop shining
    Never turn it off! :awesome:

It is slow to boot...

ffs my hero has just died............ i restored everything now my phones just broke, got things overlapping and all over the place -.-..........
    :sad:

bad times.

ReputationRep:
    :sad:

bad times.
    indeed however, a simple restart sorted it i was actually ******** myself as well because nothing was how it should have been with favourite people overlapping my clock (which wasn't the one i backed up) which appeared on several pages and lots of random shortcuts dotted everywhere else.

However, what does this new update even do? :s

ReputationRep:
    indeed however, a simple restart sorted it i was actually ******** myself as well because nothing was how it should have been with favourite people overlapping my clock (which wasn't the one i backed up) which appeared on several pages and lots of random shortcuts dotted everywhere else.

However, what does this new update even do? :s
    Wahoo!

Errr... which update you doing? ROM or Donut?

ReputationRep:
    Wahoo!

Errr... which update you doing? ROM or Donut?
    ROM - the one off the htc website.

Donut?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.