Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wizard710)
    They're very nice and on a desire HD (?) I guess they look really good and quick transitions
    Yeah the static pictures don't do it justice, it looks really nice on the 4.3 inch DHD screen. I only installed LP today so I'll be doing more customisations as I go along.

(Original post by yoyo462001)
    I love the Andy t-shirts, really want to get one now. :yes:

And thanks :ahee:

My new homscreens.

Spoiler:
    Show
    ]

You like?
    I have Exploded Andy

Look good, too many apps for my personal preference but whatever suits

I'll upload mine when PicMe starts working again

ReputationRep:
    Hey I just got upgraded to a HTC Desire HD, I've had blackberrys and nokias for as long as time itself and i'm pretty lost with this android shiz. I've downloaded a couple of apps and had a play around, it seems pretty cool how much customization there is.

I downloaded ADW launcher to mess with my homescreen and make it look cool but I have no idea what i'm doing and it just a mess. Also is there any app like App2SD free? I can't find it in the marketplace and google searches say it's been discontinued or something. Bit of a pain as I would like to install some more games to my phone but running out of phone memory.

(Original post by Tokyoround)
    Hey I just got upgraded to a HTC Desire HD, I've had blackberrys and nokias for as long as time itself and i'm pretty lost with this android shiz. I've downloaded a couple of apps and had a play around, it seems pretty cool how much customization there is.

I downloaded ADW launcher to mess with my homescreen and make it look cool but I have no idea what i'm doing and it just a mess. Also is there any app like App2SD free? I can't find it in the marketplace and google searches say it's been discontinued or something. Bit of a pain as I would like to install some more games to my phone but running out of phone memory.
    AFAIK DHD has Android 2.2 so you can put apps on the SD card by default in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    AFAIK DHD has Android 2.2 so you can put apps on the SD card by default in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications?
    It appears you're correct

Thanks.

Shoot me force rebooted me :/

The ****..

ReputationRep:
    My homescreens.
    Spoiler:
    Show

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    My homescreens.
    Spoiler:
    Show

OOO i like the wallpaper muchly!

Spoiler:
    Show

Click it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I found this site great for getting Icons, I made andy my homescreen icon.

http://www.iconfinder.com/

Nice screens there vlad, love the wallpaper.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    G8D is widget crazy. :headfire:

G8D is widget crazy. :headfire:

I use WinAMP, Catch, AudioManager, Clock, Controls, BBC, ATM, NewsPro, Facebook and Twitter widgets on a regular basis tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

I use WinAMP, Catch, AudioManager, Clock, Controls, BBC, ATM, NewsPro, Facebook and Twitter widgets on a regular basis tbf.
    But I guess the HD2 has the capability to run all them widgets which my hero can't.

Just out of interest, what apps are people using for screen shots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    OOO i like the wallpaper muchly!

I found this site great for getting Icons, I made andy my homescreen icon.

http://www.iconfinder.com/

Nice screens there vlad, love the wallpaper.
    :awesome: Thanks!
    (Original post by G8D)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Click it.
    Crikey! :eek: Looks good though!

But I guess the HD2 has the capability to run all them widgets which my hero can't.

I usually use PicMe (provides live screenshots to your PC browser) but it was being tempermental so used ShootMe (same dev but takes screenshots locally when you shake or shout at your phone).

Also: I had almost the same setup on my Hero, worked well enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Also: I had almost the same setup on my Hero, worked well enough.
    Yeah I should try to do a bit more with my home screens.

I seem to be getting 50% better in quadrant with GB (330 ish) compared froyo (220ish)

Yeah I should try to do a bit more with my home screens.

I seem to be getting 50% better in quadrant with GB (330 ish) compared froyo (220ish)
    I think I peaked at 425ish but that was at 712MHz..

EDIT: Don't take too much from Qudrant though (other than FPS in animations).

I was getting 2400 or something on a laggy as **** DHD build with data2EXT on.
    Now I get ~1300 with a nippy CM7 build.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I think I peaked at 425ish but that was at 712MHz..

EDIT: Don't take too much from Qudrant though (other than FPS in animations).

I was getting 2400 or something on a laggy as **** DHD build with data2EXT on.
    Now I get ~1300 with a nippy CM7 build.
    Yeah that's true.

ReputationRep:
    What's the best apps/widgets or simply tips on saving battery? (Apart from turning WIFI and 3G off?)

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.