Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Motorola Xoom review at Engadget. Few points:

1.Seems slightly rushed, this is starting to concern me seeing as the Nexus S was fairly buggy at launch, Google seem to be rushing unfinished products out e.g. no Flash and the Browser still makes sites think it's a phone.
    2.Super fast naturally
    3.Overall a good first step, the next iteration of Honeycomb should be more impressive. I'd expect this to be around September ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Motorola Xoom review at Engadget. Few points:

1.Seems slightly rushed, this is starting to concern me seeing as the Nexus S was fairly buggy at launch, Google seem to be rushing unfinished products out e.g. no Flash and the Browser still makes sites think it's a phone.
    2.Super fast naturally
    3.Overall a good first step, the next iteration of Honeycomb should be more impressive. I'd expect this to be around September ish.
    This ties in with what an, erm, friend I know indicated about the Xoom.

To be fair, the Flash thing isn't a Google issue, and the browser doesn't necessarily identify as a phone. Websites use all sorts of weird methods for checking if something's a phone or not, and I'd be tempted to say that they're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Tried this last night:

:woo:

It's great! It woke me up just before I needed to be up, from the lightest point of sleep too. I've never woken up more... awake before.

I think I'm in love.

edit: I read comments on the app market about it making your phone overheat, my Desire seemed to be just fine. =]
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Tried this last night:

It's great! It woke me up just before I needed to be up, from the lightest point of sleep too. I've never woken up more... awake before.

I think I'm in love.

edit: I read comments on the app market about it making your phone over heat, my Desire seemed to be just fine. =]
    Okay I'm going to have to try this now, did you really feel super awake>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Okay I'm going to have to try this now, did you really feel super awake>?
    Yes! You know when you wake up suddenly with your alarm and it feels like your heads about to explode, well this thing... I'm not sure if it woke me up gently using sound to bring me into lighter sleep or just followed my sleeping pattern and knew when to wake me up. Probably a mixture of the two.

You set a time to wake up (I put 7:30am) and it makes sure you're awake just before that time.

Also, during the night I noticed I was being woken up gently every now and then by the phone buzzing, and when I checked I seemed to have been moving about quite a lot in my sleep. The actual pattern of waking up slightly every now and then is a pretty healthy way to spend a nights sleep, it brings the cycles into order.

As someone who studies psychology (I know, booo!) I'm really interested to see my own sleep pattern displayed so clearly. It's not just a gimmick either, it follows the well established sleeping pattern of cycling through stages of deeper and lighter sleep.

You can also record yourself sleeping to see if you're a sleep talker/snorer, but I think that might just be in the paid version. Which I am 100% buying.

TL;DR: So in short, yes. I've been more awake and alert all day because I wasn't jolted awake as usual by my alarm.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, over what's been now a week of use, it hasn't worked brilliantly for me every night (though, yes, this is possibly more because I've been going to bed only 3 hours before getting up, but that's my own issue...). Overall it's pretty awesome, though.

Last night:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes! You know when you wake up suddenly with your alarm and it feels like your heads about to explode, well this thing... I'm not sure if it woke me up gently using sound to bring me into lighter sleep or just followed my sleeping pattern and knew when to wake me up. Probably a mixture of the two.

You set a time to wake up (I put 7:30am) and it makes sure you're awake just before that time.

Also, during the night I noticed I was being woken up gently every now and then by the phone buzzing, and when I checked I seemed to have been moving about quite a lot in my sleep. The actual pattern of waking up slightly every now and then is a pretty healthy way to spend a nights sleep, it brings the cycles into order.

As someone who studies psychology (I know, booo!) I'm really interested to see my own sleep pattern displayed so clearly. It's not just a gimmick either, it follows the well established sleeping pattern of cycling through stages of deeper and lighter sleep.

You can also record yourself sleeping to see if you're a sleep talker/snorer, but I think that might just be in the paid version. Which I am 100% buying.

TL;DR: So in short, yes. I've been more awake and alert all day because I wasn't jolted awake as usual by my alarm.
    I've downloaded it now, super excited about it seems really interesting.

ReputationRep:
    orange san francisco is now even cheaper:

£79.99 + £10 top up - £7.50 quidco cashback meaning it costs £82.49 with £10 top-up xD!

Just bought it now. I sold my HTC HD2 for £150 and bought a SE Vivaz and San Francisco together for that much!

http://www.onestopphoneshop.co.uk/mo...ariffcode=EOJT

(Original post by chaz1992)
    Just bought it now. I sold my HTC HD2 for £150
    :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :nothing:
    Nice username btw.

Yeh I had to get rid of it, the screen was developing a crack.

Buyer was fully aware of this and still bought for £150 xD

Nice username btw.

Yeh I had to get rid of it, the screen was developing a crack.

Buyer was fully aware of this and still bought for £150 xD

Oh, that's good! I was going to say I'd have paid more for it :ahee: but I don't like crack :hand:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Oh, that's good! I was going to say I'd have paid more for it :ahee: but I don't like crack :hand:
    OHHHHH I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:

Worst thing is is that I don't even know how the crack came about :s

You can buy a mint HTC HD2 on avforums for about £160-170, there a real bargain. I don't see why anyone would buy an iPhone for 3 times that :confused:

Worst thing is is that I don't even know how the crack came about :s

You can buy a mint HTC HD2 on avforums for about £160-170, there a real bargain. I don't see why anyone would buy an iPhone for 3 times that :confused:
    :zomg:

I'm lurking.

ReputationRep:
    Just flashed CGB1.5.0.

*Faster GUI

And a half Feeyo!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Tried this last night:

I think I'm in love.

edit: I read comments on the app market about it making your phone overheat, my Desire seemed to be just fine. =]
    Works fine on my SanFran

Also on paid version you can set it up to ask you a maths question in order to make sure you're awake! Never got out of bed (and been so good at mental maths) before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Works fine on my SanFran

Also on paid version you can set it up to ask you a maths question in order to make sure you're awake! Never got out of bed (and been so good at mental maths) before!
    I've always hated the sound of apps that do that (ignore my sig :ninja:). Knowing me I'd smash my phone if it didn't shut up lol
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I've always hated the sound of apps that do that (ignore my sig :ninja:). Knowing me I'd smash my phone if it didn't shut up lol
    It's the only way to get me out of bed as previously I was managing to turn my alarm off in my sleep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    It's the only way to get me out of bed as previously I was managing to turn my alarm off in my sleep!
    Me too. I walk across the room, switch it off and proceed to miss 3 hours of lectures lol

They should make an alarm clock that squirts water. You could point it in the right direction. That would be awesome.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Me too. I walk across the room, switch it off and proceed to miss 3 hours of lectures lol

They should make an alarm clock that squirts water. You could point it in the right direction. That would be awesome.
    I'd probably sleep through that too!

It's odd tho, whenever I share a bed with someone I wake up really easily, or if I get a text during the night it wakes me up, but otherwise I am truly dead to the world!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.