Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I always went with the standard value of 90 minutes, but yo, the evidence disagrees
    It's just like the time it takes you to fall asleep, completely different for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Clove think the Samsung Galaxy S II is only gonna cost £708 for the 32gb model. Bargain(!)

I don't like the mottled effect on the back of this phone. It looks pretty nice otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    somone pls help...when i try downloading from android market it says 'starting download' forever! ive rebooted my phon but this doesnt change...

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at the Motorola Xoom reviews on Bestbuy...it's kinda pathetic. So many people don't even own the product and yet have taken the time to give it 1 star. :rolleyes:

(Original post by you-belong-with-me)
    somone pls help...when i try downloading from android market it says 'starting download' forever! ive rebooted my phon but this doesnt change...
    Try clearing the cache? Or cancel and restart it?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone discovered Tasker? £4, but well worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    I have. It's very useful. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I have. It's very useful. :yep:
    Are you much of an 'advanced' user? I just got it today. I've got the basic idea of trigger events and events triggered, but I don't get the significance of profiles, and there are some triggers that don't appear in the various lists (e.g. pressing the reject button with an incoming call)

ReputationRep:
    zzz too tired to check it out tonight..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-belong-with-me)
    I find that this is often because you've run out of storage space on your hard drive - try deleting some applications.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but on my hero I prefer to not have anything running in the background unnecessarily. I will probably get it when I get a new phone/contract later in the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah but on my hero I prefer to not have anything running in the background unnecessarily. I will probably get it when I get a new phone/contract later in the year
    On my phone, Tasker has used 21s of CPU time since I last booted it, which was 126 hours ago. :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    On my phone, Tasker has used 21s of CPU time since I last booted it, which was 126 hours ago. :p:
    What exactly does it do though?

Anyone noticed the Android market font is smaller now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    What exactly does it do though?

Anyone noticed the Android market font is smaller now?
    Automates things. Profiles I have active at the moment include one to auto-enable the GPS sensor whenever I open an app that requires GPS. Another to automagically switch to Wi-Fi when my phone is on charge. Another that brings up a popup asking if I want to open Winamp whenever I plug in my headphones, along with a couple of other automations that make using my phone just that little bit more slick.

It's a tweaker's paradise. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Are you much of an 'advanced' user? I just got it today. I've got the basic idea of trigger events and events triggered, but I don't get the significance of profiles, and there are some triggers that don't appear in the various lists (e.g. pressing the reject button with an incoming call)
    I'm not a mega advanced user of it as yet. Have you had a read of the Tasker wiki?

Automates things. Profiles I have active at the moment include one to auto-enable the GPS sensor whenever I open an app that requires GPS. Another to automagically switch to Wi-Fi when my phone is on charge. Another that brings up a popup asking if I want to open Winamp whenever I plug in my headphones, along with a couple of other automations that make using my phone just that little bit more slick.

It's a tweaker's paradise. :yep:
    I think this is exactly what I've been looking for :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I think this is exactly what I've been looking for :zomg:
    You can try it for free for 14 7 days if you download it from the Tasker website, but in my opinion, it's well worth the £4.

ReputationRep:
    Downloading (an older version, newest isn't cracked).

It sounds pretty good.

(Original post by G8D)
    Downloading (an older version, newest isn't cracked).

It sounds pretty good.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You can try it for free for 14 7 days if you download it from the Tasker website, but in my opinion, it's well worth the £4.
    Where's the GPS setting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Where's the GPS setting?
    It's a little hidden away. In the Select Action Category screen when creating a task, it's under Misc.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.