Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have no idea what Android is like, although I'm looking into getting a HTC Legend soon. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I have no idea what Android is like, although I'm looking into getting a HTC Legend soon. :teeth:
    Legend?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Legend?
    Yeah I'm being serious, why?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with something like a Desire, the legend is really quite old now

Edit:and I don't think it can run flash

ReputationRep:
    Legend is old now. It was an incremental upgrade to the Hero and it pales in comparison to what's on offer now. Plus I doubt it will be updated beyond 2.2.
    It is a pretty sexy looking phone though.

I'd recommend you to get a Desire/Desire HD or even the Desire S (though I suspect that may exceed your budget?).
    Even the OSF would be a better choice if only for the slight speed improvement and much better screen.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I'd go with something like a Desire, the legend is really quite old now

Edit:and I don't think it can run flash
    The thing with the newer HTCs are that they are so 'big' - i'm upgrading from a SE C902, thats a pretty damn slim phone and I really don't want anything much bigger even if it is just a few mms.

It does work with Youtube as I've seen on reviews.

ReputationRep:
    The thing with the newer HTCs are that they are so 'big' - i'm upgrading from a SE C902, thats a pretty damn slim phone and I really don't want anything much bigger even if it is just a few mms.

It does work with Youtube as I've seen on reviews.
    Youtube is an app though.

Flash in the browser is different.

You'd be surprised at the Desire/OSF. Although big screens they are very slim.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Legend is old now. It was an incremental upgrade to the Hero and it pales in comparison to what's on offer now. Plus I doubt it will be updated beyond 2.2.
    It is a pretty sexy looking phone though.

I'd recommend you to get a Desire/Desire HD or even the Desire S (though I suspect that may exceed your budget?).
    Even the OSF would be a better choice if only for the slight speed improvement and much better screen.
    I realise it's old, but it's bloody good phone IMO, and it seems to be the right size for me that has everything that I'll ever need.

Like I said above, size is an issue for me. Dislike the OSF.

Edit:
    Fair enough Youtube is an app, but I doubt I'll watch that many, being a CS student, got easy access to a computer whether at uni or at home.

I realise it's old, but it's bloody good phone IMO, and it seems to be the right size for me that has everything that I'll ever need.

The pixels are worth the slightly larger size, trust

ReputationRep:
    We're getting Gingerbread in March :teeth:

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    Fair enough Youtube is an app, but I doubt I'll watch that many, being a CS student, got easy access to a computer whether at uni or at home.
    How comes?

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    seriously mate, I had an iPhone ages and thought meh I never use flash. Then I got my DHD and was like wtf how much flash can I now see that I just didnt see before. e.g bbc news website, or tvcatchup.com etc. Moral of my story: flash is good
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    The pixels are worth the slightly larger size, trust
    I guess, I had a shot at the HTC Mozart recently, which I thought was very nice, thought size was fine then - suppose 1cm won't kill me. :p: I'll look into the Desire...

(Original post by bigmo7)
    We're getting Gingerbread in March :teeth:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    How comes?
    All these new Android terms, I have no idea about. Gingerbread? :eyeball:

Phone design. Orange themselves. And I never though to see in here. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I guess, I had a shot at the HTC Mozart recently, which I thought was very nice, thought size was fine then - suppose 1cm won't kill me. :p: I'll look into the Desire...

Each iteration of Android is named after a dessert as well as given a code. 2.0/2.1(Éclair), 2.2(Froyo), 2.3/2.4(Gingerbread) and 3.0(Honeycomb).

Not every phone is guaranteed an update though.

ReputationRep:

Edit:
    What!? :lolwut:

How can you not like it? It's a stupendous phone!

ReputationRep:

My Dad has it on O2, it's an amazing phone for what you pay. You can easily unlock it and debrand the firmware and install some custom fw on it. :awesome:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Each iteration of Android is named after a dessert as well as given a code. 2.0/2.1(Éclair), 2.2(Froyo), 2.3/2.4(Gingerbread) and 3.0(Honeycomb).

Not every phone is guaranteed an update though.
    Haha no way! That could get silly... Banoffee Pie. :coma:

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    What!? :lolwut:

How can you not like it? It's a stupendous phone!
    Each to their own...

ReputationRep:
    HAS ANYONE CHECKED OUT THE "THE ANDROID X86"??? YOU CAN RUN ANDRIOD ON A PC.

I am trying to get the wacom pen working in the ANDROID X86 2.2 froyo version. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.

ReputationRep:

The phone is actually made by ZTE, not Orange and it's probably the easiest phone to root and unlock since the dawn of time - So you can get rid of all the Orange gash and replace it with a super new ROM.

ReputationRep:
    Haha no way! That could get silly... Banoffee Pie. :coma:
    Fraid not
    They skipped right to Cupcake and then went alphabetically from there.

Next slated update is Ice Cream (the convergence of mobile(2.3/4) and tablet(3.0) version of Android).
    Then I assume Jelly/Jello.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.