Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    ROM - the one off the htc website.

Donut?
    Donut is the next update to the operating system (1.6) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...9303888,00.htm

ReputationRep:
    ROM - the one off the htc website.

Donut?
    Nice. Makes things a lot smoother to use. That's about it.

Donut is v1.6 of Android, but I wouldn't worry about that yet!

ReputationRep:
    indeed however, a simple restart sorted it i was actually ******** myself as well because nothing was how it should have been with favourite people overlapping my clock (which wasn't the one i backed up) which appeared on several pages and lots of random shortcuts dotted everywhere else.

However, what does this new update even do? :s
    I had that on one of my screens, restarted it and it went away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Then theres eclair .....which follows after donut I guess :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Donut is the next update to the operating system (1.6) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39...9303888,00.htm
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Guessing it's only for rooted users?

(Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    I had that on one of my screens, restarted it and it went away
    i had them on all the screens, i **** bricks :p:

oh how's your course going btw

ReputationRep:
    i had them on all the screens, i **** bricks

oh how's your course going btw
    i thought it looked like when windows crashes and you get all the windows coming through each other, wasn't that worried xD

Its not too bad, had my first day - economics history lecture was pretty interesting, general one was a bit crap but they're doing it for people who haven't even got economics a level >_>

hows yours?

ReputationRep:
    i thought it looked like when windows crashes and you get all the windows coming through each other, wasn't that worried xD

Its not too bad, had my first day - economics history lecture was pretty interesting, general one was a bit crap but they're doing it for people who haven't even got economics a level >_>

hows yours?
    excuse me? first day?!!! i'm on my 3rd week here lol and yea i know what you mean. Wait until you hit the maths though (assuming you have a pure maths module) fml

Mixed feelings really. Hard and boring :p: wouldn't say i'm enjoying it but that's life, work is never enjoyable

ReputationRep:
    excuse me? first day?!!! i'm on my 3rd week here lol and yea i know what you mean. Wait until you hit the maths though (assuming you have a pure maths module) fml

Mixed feelings really. Hard and boring wouldn't say i'm enjoying it but that's life, work is never enjoyable
    yeah, i have a statistical theory one tomorrow...though i could change to the easy version :P

and yep, always true.

loads of chinese people here though ...must make up 40% of the campus. they all speak to each other in chinese as well which is pretty annoying

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i have a statistical theory one tomorrow...though i could change to the easy version :P

and yep, always true.

loads of chinese people here though ...must make up 40% of the campus. they all speak to each other in chinese as well which is pretty annoying
    lol yea i expected a lot of chinese kids but not as many as there actually are :eek: and i can imagine it being annoying but i can speak it so it's alright for me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Guessing it's only for rooted users?

No, it will just come as a standard update when it is ready.

(Original post by T.K.B)
    Then theres eclair .....which follows after donut I guess
    And flan follows that.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._revealed.html

This phone looks SERIOUSLY impressive. It uses the Android 2.0 OS. Click the other links in the article to find more info and reviews. Really really hope this thing comes to the UK. It's probably THE potential iPhone beater.

(Original post by xavier2k3)
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._revealed.html

This phone looks SERIOUSLY impressive. It uses the Android 2.0 OS. Click the other links in the article to find more info and reviews. Really really hope this thing comes to the UK. It's probably THE potential iPhone beater.
    Doesn't look that good, plus 2.0 isn't ever out yet (an details on it are sketchy at best from what I've read)

ReputationRep:
    currently installing donut as I type. this means it is now live for g1 t mobile uk users.

ReputationRep:
    Can you charge the hero on any computer? I travel an hour everyday, Listening to spotify, Playing games and browsing the net so my battery takes a hammering.

Could I just bring my cable in and charge it when I'm on library computers?

ReputationRep:
    I can charge my Magic on any computer via USB, in fact I can also charge it in my car via USB and one of those cigarette lighter to USB adapters (one came free with my in-car handsfree so I use it for both the phone and the handfree kit).

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can.. but it won't be as fast as it would be via the plug.. (Use mini usb)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here having problems connecting to Eduroam (university wifi) ??
    I can't seem to get it working at all :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Anyone here having problems connecting to Eduroam (university wifi) ??
    I can't seem to get it working at all :mad:
    :lolwut:
    This an android question?

ReputationRep:
    I have also tried using my new vpn services to get onto the uni network (though not using eduroam). My G1 however doesn't seem to have the ability to put passwords in so I have given up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I have also tried using my new vpn services to get onto the uni network (though not using eduroam). My G1 however doesn't seem to have the ability to put passwords in so I have given up.
    Who made the VPN software? Where can I get it? Etc..?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.