Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolDude)
    HAS ANYONE CHECKED OUT THE "THE ANDROID X86"??? YOU CAN RUN ANDRIOD ON A PC.

I am trying to get the wacom pen working in the ANDROID X86 2.2 froyo version. If anyone knows how to do that, please let me know.
    I might download it and try it on VMware...

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    The phone is actually made by ZTE, not Orange and it's probably the easiest phone to root and unlock since the dawn of time - So you can get rid of all the Orange gash and replace it with a super new ROM.
    I've been meaning to ask, which rom do you use?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    My Dad has it on O2, it's an amazing phone for what you pay. You can easily unlock it and debrand the firmware and install some custom fw on it. :awesome:
    The phone is actually made by ZTE, not Orange and it's probably the easiest phone to root and unlock since the dawn of time - So you can get rid of all the Orange gash and replace it with a super new ROM.
    What could you put on it instead of the Orange gash?

(Original post by G8D)
    Fraid not
    They skipped right to Cupcake and then went alphabetically from there.

Next slated update is Ice Cream (the convergence of mobile(2.3/4) and tablet(3.0) version of Android).
    Then I assume Jelly/Jello.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I might download it and try it on VMware...

I've been meaning to ask, which rom do you use?
    Currently using Japanese Jellyfish RLS9. I may give CM a go when they get it working properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    What could you put on it instead of the Orange gash?

:rofl:
    This is the beauty of Android. You don't like the ROM - try another. The stock Orange ROM uses Eclair (Android 2.1) and is full of bloatware. Japanese Jellyfish, the ROM I'm currently using, is built on Froyo (2.2) and has an overclocking kernel. It's also remarkably stable and fast.

ReputationRep:
    Currently using Japanese Jellyfish RLS9. I may give CM a go when they get it working properly.
    Ahhh it's the same on I installed on my dad's phone. Don't think he's ever change it now though...:mmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thing I really like about the Legend is that Aluminium unibody... like Mac. This video was sore to watch, especially near the end.

ReputationRep:
    It's really worrying that my phone's performance changes with what theme I run :/

Honeycomb lockscreen is being ported though

ReputationRep:
    Gave this a try. Didn't really get it. Nothing much happened except the alarm going off at the end of the alarm period, even though it claimed I had been sleeping lightly about 20 minutes before. I got a load of recordings throughout the night, which I thought might be entertaining, but it turns out they were just recordings of me rolling around on top of my phone :dontknow:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Each to their own...
    Don't diss the OSF...
    :devil3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Don't diss the OSF...
    :devil3:
    Indeed Mike... you'll get the OSF posse on your case...

ReputationRep:
    Get an HD2, it's well good
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Indeed Mike... you'll get the OSF posse on your case...
    And I'm scary when I'm mad...

Just ask my flatmate who tried to creep me out with a spider...the slap mark was red for hours and it wasn't even my right hand
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We're getting Gingerbread in March :teeth:
    Really? Who said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Really? Who said?
    I haz GB now :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Really? Who said?
    Samsung Germany have apparently said so...:excited:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember now, if the HTC Hero needed wifi to connect to the internet to start up.
    I just got my phone back from repairs and I can't go to the marketplace! It won't let me. I'm getting highly frustrated with my HTC hero now.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Upgraded to a new ROM based on CM7 RC1 and Honeycomb bootanimation works now

ReputationRep:
    What ROM are any Desire HD users in here running? I'm currently running Android Revolution HD which I have to say is so incredibly smooth and the battery life is amazing. :yy:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    What ROM are any Desire HD users in here running? I'm currently running Android Revolution HD which I have to say is so incredibly smooth and the battery life is amazing. :yy:
    Unrooted and I'm using Launcher Pro :redface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    No time to hack my phone, have to create a gold card first and all that shabang, maybe in summer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What phone do people have here? :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.