Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's nothing wrong with windows media player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    So i havent followed this thread that closely, what do y'all make of Google's upcoming rival to iTunes? Is it gonna be another half realised attempt?

I think Google should concentrate on fewer products and get rid of that 'beta' image they have associated with them. Their UI is generally ugly (even Gmail and Youtube which are extremely popular!!). Sort your act out. They have their fingers in too many pies imo.
    Eh, sauce?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Eh, sauce?
    Source of the music thing?

It's real. It's for purchasing music (I think) but the best feature is allowing you access via internet to your iTunes library from within the music app on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Source of the music thing?

It's real. It's for purchasing music (I think) but the best feature is allowing you access via internet to your iTunes library from within the music app on the phone
    Ooh that's neat. Was that the thing they announced at I/O last year or something newer?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that's neat. Was that the thing they announced at I/O last year or something newer?
    Something like that not sure when but it's finally materialising now.

"Let us show you something beyond Gingerbread..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    If it is called Jello I will refuse the update, to make this easier I will just buy a Sony Ecrisson phone so the decision is out of my hands.
    That hurt!! Ive got a X10!

ReputationRep:
    Eh, sauce?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...etitor-android

It should be happening this time. iTunes is slow as hell but it's generally easy to use. Google need this.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Blackdroid??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Blackdroid??
    Down for me.

(Original post by G8D)
    Down for me.
    There is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    There is better.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What?
    Yeah what indeed...I wouldn't mind knowing too!

Also on a different note, is anyone thinking of getting the Xoom when it comes out here? £450 for the Wifi version...I'm tempted but I'm hoping they launch that version in America before March is over so I can get it from over there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah what indeed...I wouldn't mind knowing too!

Also on a different note, is anyone thinking of getting the Xoom when it comes out here? £450 for the Wifi version...I'm tempted but I'm hoping they launch that version in America before March is over so I can get it from over there :p:
    I think it's actually £500. PCWorld got it wrong.

Also considering it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Only buy it at around 350, hopefully demand is weak so price falls. I really don't want to be on contract.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also thinking about the Xoom... Hmmm... Is it justifiable, that is the question.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923

Anyone affected by this yet? I'm quite wary of downloading apps now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923

Anyone affected by this yet? I'm quite wary of downloading apps now.
    Don't over react, now.
    http://phandroid.com/2011/03/02/xda-...ve-of-malware/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really wish Motorola would sort out the Xoom, it was quite obviously rushed out. Hopefully there will be an update by summer fixing the bugs, oh and flash.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Apparently BBM for IOS and Android, I'd lie if I said I wasn't interested. Seems RIM is seeing that the drop in revenue as BB purchases slow down.

Link-ification.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less. I've got no friends who own BBs. Plus, there are so many other cross platform services, esp if BBs get Android apps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.