Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Eveyrone I know has a BB so I would gladly pay one off for bbm. definitely wouldnt go for a subscription though.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that Really reassuring seeing I don't download those apps haha.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't care about BBM, I have unlimited texts anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I really wish Motorola would sort out the Xoom, it was quite obviously rushed out. Hopefully there will be an update by summer fixing the bugs, oh and flash.
    And the Micro SD slot too...it was rushed, no questions about that.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I don't care about BBM, I have unlimited texts anyway...
    Unlimited texts ? BBM (well it sorted does but you know...it's only for Blackberries) :p: I've got a lot friends who use BBM so I might be tempted into getting it...they're too cheap to get WhatsApp
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Unlimited texts ? BBM (well it sorted does but you know...it's only for Blackberries) :p: I've got a lot friends who use BBM so I might be tempted into getting it...they're too cheap to get WhatsApp
    Yeah but all my friends on crackberries have unlimited texts too... ergo no point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g8d)
    i think it's actually £500. Pcworld got it wrong.

Also considering it.
    ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    I really wish Motorola would sort out the Xoom, it was quite obviously rushed out. Hopefully there will be an update by summer fixing the bugs, oh and flash.
    http://phandroid.com/2011/03/03/adob...one-warehouse/

ReputationRep:
    We need some more 7" tabs. I don't like the 9/10" ones they are too big for one handed use. I think only HTC are releasing one? I'm surprised Samsung Galaxy Tab isn't getting a new 7" only the bigger sized one. Plus 7" screens would make a nice sat nav. You could probably have your phone and the map on one screen :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Dixons are taking preorders for the Xoom for £435 with a discount code. :K:

Tempting tbh...I can sell my Kindle for about £90 and get this for just over £300 if Quidco pay up...:sexface:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Question: I seem to have to press the power on button everytime the screen locks itself, can I not just tap the screen instead?

As for rooting, what do you folk recommend I should put on my phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Question: I seem to have to press the power on button everytime the screen locks itself, can I not just tap the screen instead?

As for rooting, what do you folk recommend I should put on my phone?
    Yeah, that's about right.

How do you mean? What apps? What bootloader? Custom ROM? (I can't remember what phone you have)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah, that's about right.

How do you mean? What apps? What bootloader? Custom ROM? (I can't remember what phone you have)
    Man, really didn't think it could get this complicated.

- Where do I get apps?
    - What difference does a bootloader have?
    - Custome ROM? Is this the firmware stuff? Yeah I guess, though how does Android 2.2 differe to any other ROMs?

HTC Legend.

ReputationRep:
    Man, really didn't think it could get this complicated.

- Where do I get apps?
    - What difference does a bootloader have?
    - Custome ROM? Is this the firmware stuff? Yeah I guess, though how does Android 2.2 differe to any other ROMs?

HTC Legend.
    I'd stick to the market for apps. Some require ROOT access (Such as Shoot Me, a screen grabbing app).

The bootloader controls what happens at boot. A custom bootloader will allow you to flash custom ROMs.

A custom ROM is the OS itself. Some phones have custom ROMs taking them to newer versions of Android (ie Hero has them from 1.6 - 2.3.3). Others allow for greater overclocking or even just the removal of operator bloatware.

Honestly, I'd take a loo over at XDA forums to see what you want/need/can get.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It would mean you're phone will have to stay on, it can't sleep which means you'll end up wasting battery when you're not even using it. It also stops you from accidentally putting the screen on, say if you reach into your pocket you could end up calling someone. You'll get used to it though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    One moe thing: On the 'home' screen, when I press the 'Phone' option, it lists contacts on the sim and on my phone - Is their a way to display contacts from phone only?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    One moe thing: On the 'home' screen, when I press the 'Phone' option, it lists contacts on the sim and on my phone - Is their a way to display contacts from phone only?
    You're using an older version of Sense so I'm not sure if it will be the same. But in the people app if you go menu, then it should show a menu option called 'view' and from there you should be able to highlight what conatacts the phone uses.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You're using an older version of Sense so I'm not sure if it will be the same. But in the people app if you go menu, then it should show a menu option called 'view' and from there you should be able to highlight what conatacts the phone uses.
    Yeah but it still shows contacts from sim...?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I assume it must have transferred your sim contacts to your phone somehow.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I assume it must have transferred your sim contacts to your phone somehow.
    Ah yeah, I did that oops!

ReputationRep:
    Ya if you press menu you can change the view and which contacts it shows out of Phone/SIM/Facebook etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.