Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    You'll realise just how much more you can do with the device once you have superuser privileges...

To answer your second point, try them all! :awesome:

Once you get started with flashing ROMs then you'll see just how easy it is through CWM. Just get a titanium backup and a NANDroid backup and away you go...
    From the Market?

(Original post by G8D)
    Well it seems this is closet to stock.
    This won't have service provider stuff but will have all HTC/Google apps.

You can however unstall these as you will be rooted
    I think this is closer.
    http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...k-rom-kitchen/

Premium though. :holmes:

(Original post by spikeymike)
    From the Market?

I think this is closer.
    http://android.modaco.com/content/ht...k-rom-kitchen/

Premium though. :holmes:
    Titanium backup is on the Market. Nandroid is done from within the recovery image

TBH you could safely install this for a stock experience without bothering with the kitchen.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Titanium backup is on the Market. Nandroid is done from within the recovery image

TBH you could safely install this for a stock experience without bothering with the kitchen.

Oh I see. :holmes: You'll hear about it from me tomorrow. Need to get a microsdhc card first (ebay seller forgot it, instead put a spare battery :ahee: )

I just went to check my HBOOT version, then I went into Recovery, then I was met with an image of my phone with a red triangle and ! down the middle of it - took the battery out just to even get out of it :facepalm2:

Edit:
    Titanium Backup needs root. Don't have root yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have found the most ridiculously expensive app for Android ever :lolwut:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Oh I see. :holmes: You'll hear about it from me tomorrow. Need to get a microsdhc card first (ebay seller forgot it, instead put a spare battery :ahee: )

I just went to check my HBOOT version, then I went into Recovery, then I was met with an image of my phone with a red triangle and ! down the middle of it - took the battery out just to even get out of it :facepalm2:

Edit:
    Titanium Backup needs root. Don't have root yet.

Also you can't get into recovery until you flash a new one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I think I may have found the most ridiculously expensive app for Android ever :lolwut:

:teehee:

(Original post by G8D)
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rerware.android.M yBackup&feature=search_resul t

Also you can't get into recovery until you flash a new one.
    Ah ok, would have thought HTC would have flashed a default one at least...

:teehee:

Ah ok, would have thought HTC would have flashed a default one at least...
    That is the default one.

You aren't meant to be able to flash unofficial ROMs
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

'WE ARE WORKING HARD ON WRITING THE CODE THAT WILL MAKE TEXTER THE NUMBER ONE FREE MESSAGING APP"

What a contradiction to their price...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vn2009)
    Got my desire hd setup and was wondering any good cases anyone could recommend?

Thanks
    I have a Gel case, 2 G5-online Hybride cases and a barely there case. In all the Gel case is the most protective but ugliest and it makes the phone a fair amount more thick. The G5 cases i prefer the look the most but they are super poor quality, cracked and chipped of bits after only a week, do not buy them. The barely there case is a good but it's not 100% a good fit and I cut off the bit that separated the volume rockers because it made changing volume really hard, other than that the case has been really good and really stylish. I might provide you some links if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    'WE ARE WORKING HARD ON WRITING THE CODE THAT WILL MAKE TEXTER THE NUMBER ONE FREE MESSAGING APP"

What a contradiction to their price...
    :rofl: If it costs that much in Alpha, imagine how much it'll cost when it's finished!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :rofl: If it costs that much in Alpha, imagine how much it'll cost when it's finished!
    Unless they are using any sales of Alpha to fund it...then when it's done and free we can enjoy it...

I'm quite happy with my texting at the min as it is anyway...

Handcent :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Handcent :king1:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise this thread existed. I had a Samsung Galaxy S until recently when I managed to break the touchscreen Temporarily using an X10 mini until I get a new phone in June. Although the number of awesome looking Android phones coming out is slightly daunting

ReputationRep:
    5000th post :woo:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    :party:

ReputationRep:
    :nospam:

Intended irony btw in case someone didn't get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :nospam:

Intended irony btw in case someone didn't get it.
    Very droll.

In other news... I'm desperately trying to find a very short (Between 5 and 15cm) micro USB cable that's rated to 700mA or better. The last two I've bought have been very disappointing and can't actually charge my phone from my laptop's USB controller.

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, any idea why the home button isn't taking me back to the home screen on CGB 1.8.0
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Very droll.

In other news... I'm desperately trying to find a very short (Between 5 and 15cm) micro USB cable that's rated to 700mA or better. The last two I've bought have been very disappointing and can't actually charge my phone from my laptop's USB controller.

Any thoughts?
    Why that size? :holmes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.