Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Very droll.

In other news... I'm desperately trying to find a very short (Between 5 and 15cm) micro USB cable that's rated to 700mA or better. The last two I've bought have been very disappointing and can't actually charge my phone from my laptop's USB controller.

Any thoughts?
    Sure it isn't your laptop cos all my cables seem capable of charging my phone. Anyway have a look at the Nokia CA-101D USB cable, I think that fits you're description
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Dissapointed at the local phone shop... 4GB microSD card for £12.

~£5 from ebay but just need to wait a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Dissapointed at the local phone shop... 4GB microSD card for £12.

~£5 from ebay but just need to wait a bit longer.
    What class?
    I've got this.

ReputationRep:
    Why that size? :holmes:
    The stock ZTE cable that comes with the phone is 0.9m, which is too long if I'm charging the phone on my desk.

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Sure it isn't your laptop cos all my cables seem capable of charging my phone. Anyway have a look at the Nokia CA-101D USB cable, I think that fits you're description
    Positive. The stock cable works fine. The ones I've bought, including a Nokia one, as well as a "Yum Cha" one will transfer data competently, but are not rated to the 700mA the phone requires. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I think mines a Class 4 16GB card. Anything higher was too expensive... though if you want to add music, apps, photos and whatever else there's not much choice...

My boyfriend doesn't have that problem with his iPhone. -_-
    Still prefer Android though.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend is stuck with the capacity in his godPhone. We can chop and change at will. I also have a 16GB Class IV card - they offered the best bang for buck IMO.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What class?
    I've got this.
    Not sure, class 2 at a guess.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to block people's numbers from calling/texting you?

On a side note, when I'm ready, I'm going to purchase a 32gb sd card.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    The stock ZTE cable that comes with the phone is 0.9m, which is too long if I'm charging the phone on my desk.

Positive. The stock cable works fine. The ones I've bought, including a Nokia one, as well as a "Yum Cha" one will transfer data competently, but are not rated to the 700mA the phone requires. :erm:
    Surely, you could tie it in a loop?

When I had a Creative Zen X-Fi that came with a very short cable, about 7cm - you could try ebaying that.

ReputationRep:
    Surely, you could tie it in a loop?

When I had a Creative Zen X-Fi that came with a very short cable, about 7cm - you could try ebaying that.
    Messy.

I'll have a look at that

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, class 2 at a guess.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    I've got a class 2 16gb microSD. Not as slow as you'd think but still if the difference is negligible then pay a bit extra and get a class 4.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Is there a way to block people's numbers from calling/texting you?

On a side note, when I'm ready, I'm going to purchase a 32gb sd card.
    Too popular eh? :sexface:

Try Settings --> Call Settings --> All Calls --> Auto Reject. Give it a go and see if that helps...? There are apps that block numbers too....

ReputationRep:
    Too popular eh? :sexface:

Try Settings --> Call Settings --> All Calls --> Auto Reject. Give it a go and see if that helps...? There are apps that block numbers too....
    Hah, nah just a few people I'd really like to stop contacting me.

I'll give the settings and app search a go.

If it fails I'll see if I can do it through Orange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Hah, nah just a few people I'd really like to stop contacting me.

I'll give the settings and app search a go.

If it fails I'll see if I can do it through Orange.
    IF I remember correctly, on Android devices you can't block the call as such, it merely diverts it to your voicemail. If that's okay, just block as described above otherwise you might need to contact Orange I guess.

The annoying thing is it will still let texts through. I had an annoying person texting me. I wish I could find out who that ***** was; it really annoys me when people hide and try to have a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Blackdroid is back! :woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Blackdroid is back! :woo:
    Explain?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Explain?! :woo:
    Can't tell you. Mad Vlad will come and get me. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I have a Gel case, 2 G5-online Hybride cases and a barely there case. In all the Gel case is the most protective but ugliest and it makes the phone a fair amount more thick. The G5 cases i prefer the look the most but they are super poor quality, cracked and chipped of bits after only a week, do not buy them. The barely there case is a good but it's not 100% a good fit and I cut off the bit that separated the volume rockers because it made changing volume really hard, other than that the case has been really good and really stylish. I might provide you some links if you're interested.
    Yeh links will be good.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Wow really! :zomg: How are you finding the 4 cores and Super Duper Amoled Plus Plus screen??? I heard it's even running Pie (Android 9.0)
    The Samsung i5800 is the Galaxy 3.

ReputationRep:
    Also, does Android have any good MS Office apps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Also, does Android have any good MS Office apps?
    Quick Office is ok.

Documents to Go is pretty awesome.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.