ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Do you have to pay for Quick Office?
    Doesn't seem so.

It comes free on HTC phones I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Do you have to pay for Quick Office?
    The basic version (view, can't edit) came stock on my moto.

In other news, it just kicked out a Quadrant of 1310, whilst on 2.1, can't wait to see this badboy on 2.2 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Boom 2.3.2 The sense with quick settings is epic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    The basic version (view, can't edit) came stock on my moto.

In other news, it just kicked out a Quadrant of 1310, whilst on 2.1, can't wait to see this badboy on 2.2 :woo:
    Which phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Which phone?
    Motorola Defy. It's been better than expected

It was overclocked, I might add :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    FYI
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pny-...dco-tcb/893405

If you're still looking for a Micro SD card

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm after an android phone atm (because my crapberry is bricked/dead). Just wondering what anyone would suggest? I'm going to uni for 5 years so I'm gonna be skint after this summer so hoping for something that's got decent internet speed and will be reliable i.e won't die on me after a year (like my crapberry) and has a decent battery life and has good specs overall giving it a bit of futureproof-ness (definitely not a word )? I don't mind shelling out a couple-few hundred as long as it's a sound investment...

(Checked out the review sites already but just after some personal experiences...?)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pny-...dco-tcb/893405

If you're still looking for a Micro SD card
    Thanks, but I already bought the one from ebay, the one linked from earlier. (4GB).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyuHADOUKEN)
    Hey guys,

I'm after an android phone atm (because my crapberry is bricked/dead). Just wondering what anyone would suggest? I'm going to uni for 5 years so I'm gonna be skint after this summer so hoping for something that's got decent internet speed and will be reliable i.e won't die on me after a year (like my crapberry) and has a decent battery life and has good specs overall giving it a bit of futureproof-ness (definitely not a word )? I don't mind shelling out a couple-few hundred as long as it's a sound investment...

(Checked out the review sites already but just after some personal experiences...?)
    Nothing is future proof. By 2014, mobiles will be 75 times more powerful than they are now...

Desire / Desire HD would be a good shout in a month or two when then next Desires are released.

Edit:

On another matter, Cronos GB with ondemand governor is very, very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Thanks, but I already bought the one from ebay, the one linked from earlier. (4GB).
    4gb? what are like?

you gonna have 24kbps music on there? hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Nothing is future proof. By 2014, mobiles will be 75 times more powerful than they are now...

Desire / Desire HD would be a good shout in a month or two when then next Desires are released.

Edit:

ondemand? :holmes:

Is that for the CPU? like setCPU can do or...?

ReputationRep:
    ondemand? :holmes:

Is that for the CPU? like setCPU can do or...?
    Indeed it is. I can be done in SetCPU, but I've been doing it in;

Settings > CM Extra > Performance > CPU Settings > Governors

I found the Cronos one wasn't too hot (which I think Feeyo fwill fix with a kernel update, but I seldom bother with the mods). There's a performance one there too!

ReputationRep:

Edit:

Tahh for the opinion
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    4gb? what are like?

you gonna have 24kbps music on there? hehe
    iPod.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is. I can be done in SetCPU, but I've been doing it in;

Settings > CM Extra > Performance > CPU Settings > Governors

I found the Cronos one wasn't too hot (which I think Feeyo fwill fix with a kernel update, but I seldom bother with the mods). There's a performance one there too!
    Never tried on demand tbh...battery life on my SGS is pretty decent atm so it probably won't hurt :p:

On the Cronos forums there is a SGS section but nothing in there yet. Maybe they'll port it to my phone like Cyangenmod but have to wait and see....

ReputationRep:
    Smartass for normal profile and performance when charging.

Feels good.,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyuHADOUKEN)
    Hey guys,

I think the more you shell out now the longer a phone will last but you are looking at some seriously highend stuff like Moto Atrix or Samsung Galaxy S II

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping this rumoured LG Optimus 2x but running vanilla Android is true and that it comes to the UK...

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping this rumoured LG Optimus 2x but running vanilla Android is true and that it comes to the UK...
    That would be good but after engadget's review, I'm waiting on the Atrix

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.