The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5080
ok so im thinking about going for the samsung galaxy s II deal on affordable mobile

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/t-mobile/mrc_pound25/samsung/galaxy_s_ii/17709054.html?source=webgains&siteid=1300

Are they ok to use? and do you normally get cashback if you go through topcashback

also i read that if you got through another company for a tmobile contact you get crap internet

'DsK - May 24, 2011 09:31
The problem with going via another company for a t-mobile contract is that you get the throttled internet (300k), you have to pay an additional £5 a month for web and walk which gives you the full 2mbit!'

anyone know anymore one this?
Andriod the best app on andriod has to be mhm... well for me GAMEBOID!!!!
Original post by designuk
ok so im thinking about going for the samsung galaxy s II deal on affordable mobile

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/contract-mobile-phones/t-mobile/mrc_pound25/samsung/galaxy_s_ii/17709054.html?source=webgains&siteid=1300

Are they ok to use? and do you normally get cashback if you go through topcashback

also i read that if you got through another company for a tmobile contact you get crap internet

'DsK - May 24, 2011 09:31
The problem with going via another company for a t-mobile contract is that you get the throttled internet (300k), you have to pay an additional £5 a month for web and walk which gives you the full 2mbit!'

anyone know anymore one this?

I've got the same contract for a different phone. Works well. That's a really good deal IMO/ :smile:
Original post by G8D
The options are available for FAT and EXT partition.

There no way you can just delete all partitions in Gparted (been a while since I've used it)?

Edit: Or resize another partition to fill the void?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5084
Original post by mikeyd85
I've got the same contract for a different phone. Works well. That's a really good deal IMO/ :smile:

do they not cap your internet speed then? and is yours on tmobile? I wanted to go through tmobile but they wouldnt go below £35 for a free phone which is a load of crap when i told them i can get it for £25 a month on tmobile via affordablemobiles and they still couldnt do anything
do they not cap your internet speed then? and is yours on tmobile? I wanted to go through tmobile but they wouldnt go below £35 for a free phone which is a load of crap when i told them i can get it for £25 a month on tmobile via affordablemobiles and they still couldnt do anything

Not that I've noticed, and yes, I'm on T-Mob.
just got my sensation - honestly don't know what the fuss is about, just as fast as an s2 and to me it feels more solid in the hand
Reply 5087
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
just got my sensation - honestly don't know what the fuss is about, just as fast as an s2 and to me it feels more solid in the hand

what deal you got that on?
what deal you got that on?

vofaphone
Reply 5089
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
vofaphone

lol as in cost, mins texts, internet
lol as in cost, mins texts, internet

35 750mb unlimited texts 900 mins
oh and phone was free
(edited 12 years ago)
:sexface:
:rofl:

Least you're not on a Hero mate! I've seen 10 minute plus boot times on deodexed ROMs!
Original post by G8D
Some graphical issues due to change of resolution :frown:

Seems nippy so far, we'll see how it stands up with apps installed.

You could change the DPI of your screen?

Edit: https://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity&feature=search_result
(edited 12 years ago)
been stuck with my hero for 2 years and this is so much quicker :biggrin:
Original post by G8D
Wouldn't help. It's been changed to suit my resolution so the glitches are in the build itself.

Need to just hope for a DHD Sense 3.0 ROM if I stick with this.

Ah, fair enough. How is it overall though?
:sad:
Ah well. Worth a shot!
And this thread finally has the most views and most posts in the mobile section! Wahoo! :biggrin: Dominating!
Original post by G8D
I am :smile:

You can happily run Vanilla Android or a Desire ROM on it and it runs well.
Bit iffy when you try to run the DHD/DZ/Sensation ROMs as they don't actually fit on the phone... you need to run some from SD card and it's slow as sin.

I love my HD2 but it's really only good if you want Vanilla/earlier Sense/MUIU ROMs.

If that's the case I'd rather not get one then. I'm really iffy about speed and fluidity. Like the other day I was comparing my mates Desire to my other mates' DHD and the DHD seemed so much smoother and fluid (granted the DHD does have more rom and a faster CPU).
I'm not sure which Android phone to get. Im thinking of getting one sim free and then chucking in a pay monthly sim.
I like the specs of the DHD, but its just not practical for me, I find it huge, just doesn't feel right for me. Whereas the Desire and Desire S specs aren't tempting at all :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending