Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Haha - I'm not a n00b and I haven't yet =D

EDIT: also you're tech-savvy =P
    What phone do you have?

ReputationRep:
    I have a x10 mini but i think my GPS i not functioning as it should. Often, when i switch it on Google Maps it renders an error saying "Unable to retrieve location temporarily. Try again later". I have tried other apps too but no luck.

Recently i updated it to android 2.1 upd 1 but it still the same.. anybody had similar problems??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dertimyan)
    I have a x10 mini but i think my GPS i not functioning as it should. Often, when i switch it on Google Maps it renders an error saying "Unable to retrieve location temporarily. Try again later". I have tried other apps too but no luck.

Recently i updated it to android 2.1 upd 1 but it still the same.. anybody had similar problems??? :confused:
    Were you outside/was it a clear day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dertimyan)

Try downloading GPS Status & Toolbox. See if you're getting a GPS fix.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by omicronlyrae)
    Haha - I'm not a n00b and I haven't yet =D

EDIT: also you're tech-savvy =P
    You're also tech-savvy yourself. :smug:

Edit:
    (Original post by Bigmo7)
    Hex Defence is amazing! :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Were you outside/was it a clear day?
    Yes i was travelling by bus. It was partly cloudy. Most clear sky. But sometime it works after several tries, dont know whats the problem with it...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does anyone use automatic brightness?

Anyone got CM6/7 - how do you find it? I had CM6 for my Legend but the AB wasn't the same as in the stock ROM. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Try downloading GPS Status & Toolbox. See if you're getting a GPS fix.
    Thanks but I did installed the app and it did give me status of connected satellites but didnt give any Lat/Long values... But i'll try again later on a clear day may be..

ReputationRep:
    GPS seems to be weak on CM7 ROMs, weird.

ReputationRep:
    I'm tethering on my Orange SF right now. Can't believe how fast this mofo is. Faster on laptop than phone. Streaming youtube vids no problem (3 network, 2gb limt too )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I'm tethering on my Orange SF right now. Can't believe how fast this mofo is. Faster on laptop than phone. Streaming youtube vids no problem (3 network, 2gb limt too )
    Phones are slow because they can't render the pages.

My Hero was miles slower than the HD2 even on the same network.

If you keep youtubing that 2gb will disappear superfast :p:

ReputationRep:
    Argh! My phone has randomly started cutting out 20 seconds or so into a call, whether I'm calling out or not. This is a real bugger , what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    (Original post by G8D)
    Phones are slow because they can't render the pages.

My Hero was miles slower than the HD2 even on the same network.

If you keep youtubing that 2gb will disappear superfast :p:
    This, it always surprises me how fast mobile internet is when I tether my phone

ReputationRep:
    Android orientated Carphone Warehouse TV ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    You're also tech-savvy yourself. :smug:

Edit:

Hex Defence is amazing! :coma:
    I just got done playing it; great game. Very challenging though and I have done alright on the first 5 levels but I haven't beaten one yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hexstacy just absorbs time.

ReputationRep:
    What are the criteria for a message being 'read' on Android? I just upgraded to smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Apollo) so I don't actually know what is going on. When I recieve a message, though, I get the notification in the top bar and I press the button and see the conversation that the message is a part of, but I still have the notification. If I click on the message in the conversation so I am seeing the message by itself, I still have the notification. Also, if I go into my messaging section, the messages are still marked as unread. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if it's some software error, does anyone know a decent app that handles SMS? It's quite annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    What are the criteria for a message being 'read' on Android? I just upgraded to smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Apollo) so I don't actually know what is going on. When I recieve a message, though, I get the notification in the top bar and I press the button and see the conversation that the message is a part of, but I still have the notification. If I click on the message in the conversation so I am seeing the message by itself, I still have the notification. Also, if I go into my messaging section, the messages are still marked as unread. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, if it's some software error, does anyone know a decent app that handles SMS? It's quite annoying.
    Never had that

I'd disable notifications in the main messaging app and download Hancent. It's pretty niffty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)

Can't say anything about your problem but many people rave about Handcent, although I'm not a fan myself.

ReputationRep:
    Handcent is excellent :yep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.