Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive got Beautiful widgets, news widget, wifi widget, setcpu widget and battery widget with my main apps on main screen. then twitter and fb widgets on the one right. thats all. Stupid sense was annoying because I like 160-180dpi and sense ****s up with that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I preferred Chomp SMS to Handcent, and I'm still using it, both are great though.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :teehee: That's excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :teehee: That's excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a way to change the keyboard so it's like the Nokia layout (in the picture below). I've found one similar but even that is still driving me crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Does anyone know of a way to change the keyboard so it's like the Nokia layout (in the picture below). I've found one similar but even that is still driving me crazy!

You tried the (EvenBetter)NumberPad Keyboard? linky

ReputationRep:
    You tried the (EvenBetter)NumberPad Keyboard? linky
    Thanks, it does look better than the one I have now but I don't really want to pay for it. I may give in at some point though (especially if it is as simple as the Nokia one - just the exact replica of a normal keypad without extra rows or columns.,

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it does look better than the one I have now but I don't really want to pay for it. I may give in at some point though (especially if it is as simple as the Nokia one - just the exact replica of a normal keypad without extra rows or columns.,
    Just do a search for any T9 keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    Just do a search for any T9 keyboard.
    Thanks, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to exist so far! I'll just have to keep looking and hope one pops up eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to exist so far! I'll just have to keep looking and hope one pops up eventually.
    http://androinica.com/2009/08/how-to...ng-your-phone/

Try this. Once it's installed, click the settings button and set it to T9. Should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit late to this discussion of messaging apps but I love GoSMS

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the stock HTC messaging app alongside SMS Popup for notifications. Wouldn't want to use my phone without it any more.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    I prefer the stock HTC messaging app alongside SMS Popup for notifications. Wouldn't want to use my phone without it any more.
    Trust me Handcent and ChompSms are much better than the HTC one, I was in the same boat before. You should at least try it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Trust me Handcent and ChompSms are much better than the HTC one, I was in the same boat before. You should at least try it out.
    I tried Handcent and hated it. Couldn't get over how ugly it was, despite the number of skinning options it offers. I haven't tried ChompSMS so I suppose I could give that a try.

ReputationRep:
    Whatsa the best back up app to use? I need to factory reset my phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Whatsa the best back up app to use? I need to factory reset my phone
    What do you want to backup?
    Have you got root access?

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to backup?
    Have you got root access?
    No root access and I want all my apps, settings and messages backed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    No root access and I want all my apps, settings and messages backed up
    https://market.android.com/details?i...droid.MyBackup

ReputationRep:
    Right, advice needed here. My Dad's going to America in a couple of weeks and I've asked him to be kind enough to buy my a Xoom since it would work out at around £370 which is arguably a lot cheaper than buying it from here but I'm still undecided as to whether or not to just go for a safe option like the iPad 2? The tablet constantly gets stick over on Engadget which tbf appears to be slightly favourable towards Apple but I don't know which one to go for any more.

I'm not sure how much I can put up with the ecosystem that Apple offers cos it's frustrating but on the other hand this whole argument about the range of apps etc is quite convincing.

Any help would be appreciated...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.