Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    2 more months, ish. Until the Xperia 3 comes out basically.
    Presumably the Hero will be the most popular for a year or so though? Virtually everyone on this thread has one!

ReputationRep:
    And then there is the Acer Liquid which has the snap dragon processor in it. That must be blisteringly fast. On the subject of the hero kernel it should mean it is easier to get other mods onto the the hero such as the Motoblur software or other mods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Presumably the Hero will be the most popular for a year or so though? Virtually everyone on this thread has one!
    It would seem so
    Proof.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...droid-preview/

A Motorola Droid Preview is out now, really do hope this phone is coming to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...droid-preview/

A Motorola Droid Preview is out now, really do hope this phone is coming to the UK.
    It looks pretty ugly and the keyboard looks flat..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    That doesn't deny the fact that the phone will most likely be the best Android OS based phone this side of Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't deny the fact that the phone will most likely be the best Android OS based phone this side of Christmas.
    Without SenseUI it's hard to see that happening.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone in this thread have such a hardon for the sense UI? I mean, really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Why does everyone in this thread have such a hardon for the sense UI? I mean, really?
    It's the business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    HTC Fanboys.

ReputationRep:
    HTC Fanboys.
    I don't really mind the Sense, I'm a Google man myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'd prefer it over the Hero, assuming it delivers of course.

ReputationRep:
    I guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks ~style. I think Android 2.0 will be the key for the device because from what i've read, it's the muts nuts! For me there was no android based phone that looked good enough for me to want to get one until I saw the DEXT. I didn't like the look or the feel of the Hero having used one. I was going to get an iPhone imported from France so I could stay on Orange without having to worry about having to get it jailbroken.

I just really hope we get some more info about the Droid soon and when it'll arrive in the UK as i'm due to upgrade on Tuesday to the DEXT and let's face it the Droid absolutely trumps the DEXT from what we've seen so far from previews and tech specs. There's been a GSM version filed to the fcc so hopefully we'll get some info soon. May be that it's not out till after xmas though.

ReputationRep:
    Android is still awaiting several updates to the ROM amongst other features.

Pre-Android development though is the beauty that half of this stuff is already available online if you're technically competent with hacked ROM.

Sense UI is brilliant, period. To be a fanboy which I obviously am brings the HTC credibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Né Stig)
    Android is still awaiting several updates to the ROM amongst other features.

Pre-Android development though is the beauty that half of this stuff is already available online if you're technically competent with hacked ROM.

Sense UI is brilliant, period. To be a fanboy which I obviously am brings the HTC credibility.
    Hey, you're the guy who can gets apks, right?

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered the Hero, how do I update it?

EDIT: never find, found it.

ReputationRep:
    My boss just got a Samsung Jet...he thought it was an Android phone...it can't touch the Hero!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally going to install the new ROM tonight (probably tomorrow actually). Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I'm finally going to install the new ROM tonight (probably tomorrow actually). Any advice?
    Official or hacked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Official or hacked?
    Official.

I'm scared of rooting (I believe that is the term) my phone. I love it and don't wanna break it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.