• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I can't believe someone neg repped you for that :rofl:

TSR doesn't cease to amaze
    Lol same :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Optimus 2X in the UK... Getting MoDaCo support... No QHD screen... Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MostCompetitive)
    I hear that android is good - my mum and sister both have android phones. I'm using the blackberry 6 os - quite like it. Is android really that good?

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    1) Here though you won't find a much bigger battery as it'd need a new backplate

2) No idea, sorry.

3) If you don't know what it does and aren't sure you'd want to try, don't worry about it too much. If you find yourself wanting to root it for a reason (wireless tether, screenshots, overclocking, custom ROMS, backup etc), then ask then. for now I'd just get familiar with what you can do with your phone.

4) Don't use task killer apps. turning off Wifi and mobile data are good shouts. You could also change the frequency of updates of any widgets you use (ie FriendStream). The screen on the DHD does eat battery power though.
    Thanks guys. I suppose I will just buy one of those replacements and just not expect any extra battery from it, I looked on amazon just now and a few people seem to report one battery did well for them though :dontknow:. Can one of you explain how I can get a custom ROM to improve the battery? I've got the screen set to like 30% brightness, wifi and bluetooth off. I may turn the vibrate off as I don't need that but it lasted (from 100 - 15%) with medium use (I played some games, messaged and fecked about with it) from the early hours of the morning until now (I think). It seems to do pretty good with intermittent use.

I must say I'm very impressed with the 7 different pages you can scroll through and customise. The hard part is deciding what to put on them. The phone also comes with the art of war and a few other ebooks on so can't complain. Addictive games though.

Just need to have a proper look at more apps today, I've installed all the news ones and such already but need more games :awesome:

Thanks in advance. =]

ReputationRep:
    This would be very interesting

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I get it now :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Also this and there is a HTC event in london on 12th April

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I get it now :ahee:
    Get what? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Get what? :confused:
    The 2X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    The 2X
    You've got it? Or getting it? Or think I should get it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I don't know, I though G8D was telling you to get the 2X.

But actually he gets something but we don't know what he gets.

I was referring to a stupid comment on Phandroid I made and mikey vaguely corrected me.

Your link helped me understand where I went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I shall be joining the Android bandwagon when my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play arrives, when DPD pulls their finger out of course.

Been keen on the OS since it was announced just never had the money to splash out on a expensive phone till recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was referring to a stupid comment on Phandroid I made and mikey vaguely corrected me.

Your link helped me understand where I went wrong.
    Haha, yeah, now I know what the craic is!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/0..._wink_o_meter/

Lol. Out of sheer curiosity I might download this! Haha! Maybe it'd be good to give to your GF to help her improve her technique! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/

ReputationRep:
    Samsung's super phone the Galaxy S2 is apparently arriving in the UK within the next two weeks. Some sites are already listing Vodafone and Orange contracts.

It looks amazing but it's too big. Where is the SG S2 Mini?

Edit: Mobiles.co.uk (owned by CarphoneWarehouse) have it available now for next day delivery. The CW website still says April. I'm surprised it's here already!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/
    I don't think I could buy anything Acer though, the build quality is nearly always bad. About every laptop I hear braking is an Acer.
    Samsung's super phone the Galaxy S2 is apparently arriving in the UK within the next two weeks. Some sites are already listing Vodafone and Orange contracts.

Edit: Mobiles.co.uk (owned by CarphoneWarehouse) have it available now for next day delivery. The CW website still says April. I'm surprised it's here already!
    Must be a mistake :p:

It's 4.3 inches right? I think that's about the biggest a phone should go, it takes getting used to. First few weeks with mine I had thumb aches and thought it was too big now I really couldn't imagine anything else. Browsing is :coma:

Anyone see the news that the Galaxy S would now be getting a 1.4ghz Snapdragon. Qualcomm seem to be the only chip manufacturers that will let you get above 1 ghz stock. Even their dual core is 1.2ghz, seems like they know their efficiencies.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    *subscribes to thread* I've had an HTC Desire for several months now and have been very happy with it. Rooted and running a custom ROM (obviously), very pleased with performance and stability (even battery life is fine).

ReputationRep:

I agree on the screen size, it's the only thing putting me off at the moment, but I will have a play around with one before deciding whether to buy.

According to some guy on XDA, mobiles.co.uk said they would have stock on the 18th April along with everyone else.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.