Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04...androidpolice/ <<--I really hope this is an april fools

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    It's 4.3 inches right? I think that's about the biggest a phone should go, it takes getting used to. First few weeks with mine I had thumb aches and thought it was too big now I really couldn't imagine anything else. Browsing is :coma:
    It would bulge too much in my pockets, I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the ladies lol But seriously, my friend has a HD2 it seems pretty awesome for browsing and media viewing but I'm not sure I can live with it on a day-to-day basis. 4" is my max and 3.7" is the sweetspot. However, recent phones seem to be getting larger screens on smaller overall dimensions so this may well change.

Anyone bought an Xperia Play or Arc? Give us your thoughts please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    It would bulge too much in my pockets, I wouldn't want to attract undue attention from the ladies lol But seriously, my friend has a HD2 it seems pretty awesome for browsing and media viewing but I'm not sure I can live with it on a day-to-day basis. 4" is my max and 3.7" is the sweetspot. However, recent phones seem to be getting larger screens on smaller overall dimensions so this may well change.

Anyone bought an Xperia Play or Arc? Give us your thoughts please.
    I have the Xperia Play, it's my first android phone so I'm still getting used to it and finding essential apps to install.

So far I love it, I've had a quick play of Crash Bandicoot while at the pub earlier resulting in some jealousy from one of my friends it played really smoothly as expected. The only thing that has disappointed me is that you have to as far as I see rebuy any PSOne games you have bought on the PSN to play on your PSP/PS3, though thankfully this doesn't affect me much as I only bought one game the rest of my PSOne games sat on my PS3 are ones I got from my PS+ subscription.

Size wise, compared to my old phone (HTC TyTNII) it's larger profile but slimmer, fits comfortably in my pockets although I am being weary as I haven't got a full body case for it yet so the only thing it has shared a pocket with is my bus pass. Battery life will have to have a proper test of in the future but I can imagine it will last most of the day without going over the top with the games.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not planning on picking up either of the new Sony phones but I do like the design and whatnot; I like what they did with the separate controls, does it work with regular Android games?

But the Arc has an amazing design and I love the curved back. I'm probably going to be sticking with my Nexus 1 until the Galaxy S 2 comes out or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcessNeo)
    I have the Xperia Play, it's my first android phone so I'm still getting used to it and finding essential apps to install.

So far I love it, I've had a quick play of Crash Bandicoot while at the pub earlier resulting in some jealousy from one of my friends it played really smoothly as expected. The only thing that has disappointed me is that you have to as far as I see rebuy any PSOne games you have bought on the PSN to play on your PSP/PS3, though thankfully this doesn't affect me much as I only bought one game the rest of my PSOne games sat on my PS3 are ones I got from my PS+ subscription.

Size wise, compared to my old phone (HTC TyTNII) it's larger profile but slimmer, fits comfortably in my pockets although I am being weary as I haven't got a full body case for it yet so the only thing it has shared a pocket with is my bus pass. Battery life will have to have a proper test of in the future but I can imagine it will last most of the day without going over the top with the games.
    Cool, sounds good. Hopefully Sony will sort that out so you don't have to re-purchase games. You need to download some emulators and get those good old Nintendo classics on the go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    I'm not planning on picking up either of the new Sony phones but I do like the design and whatnot; I like what they did with the separate controls, does it work with regular Android games?

But the Arc has an amazing design and I love the curved back. I'm probably going to be sticking with my Nexus 1 until the Galaxy S 2 comes out or something.
    The seperate controls work as long as you are able to rebind the controls. That is if the game doesn't have a premade configuration for it.

So far the only non "native" application I have used that doesn't operate on simply touch (NESoid) allowed me to disable the on screen pad, the d-pad, a and b were already bound to the controller which is a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    Boooo to the San Francisco :mob:
    The same person (presumably) has neg repped me for quoting you lol I wonder if they sleep with their's...

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    The same person (presumably) has neg repped me for quoting you lol I wonder if they sleep with their's...

I sleep with my sanfran :ninjagirl:

But I did not neg either of you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I sleep with my sanfran :ninjagirl:

But I did not neg either of you
    Lucky phone :fan:

ReputationRep:
    Cool, sounds good. Hopefully Sony will sort that out so you don't have to re-purchase games. You need to download some emulators and get those good old Nintendo classics on the go.
    They would run brilliantly with the handheld controls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Also, the Asus Eee Pad Transformer looks very, very good.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/04/01/asus_eee_pad/

That looks pretty slick but a keyboard makes it a bit bulky by the look of it? IMO the whole point of a tablet is really thin, light, easy to use on the go.. looks like a beast though in terms of specs.

I bought an Advent Vega instead of an ipad in the end, #220, relatively basic when you put it up against that or the ipad 2, runs very well once you've put some custom firmware on it which allows you to install the Market, and am loving it for business / playing about with on the sofa or on the train atm. Android ftw
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Lucky phone :fan:
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Having a really annoying issue with Android on music files. Basically I bluetoothed some .mp3 files to my phone to listen to. I also previously bleutoothed some unrelated images to my phone. Now some of the files play music with that image displayed when playing (some of them have correct album cover) how do I get rid of this? I deleted the file from the phone but still having the same problem. When I play the song on my computer it does not show the same image. How do I remove the image?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarion526)
    That looks pretty slick but a keyboard makes it a bit bulky by the look of it? IMO the whole point of a tablet is really thin, light, easy to use on the go.. looks like a beast though in terms of specs.

I bought an Advent Vega instead of an ipad in the end, #220, relatively basic when you put it up against that or the ipad 2, runs very well once you've put some custom firmware on it which allows you to install the Market, and am loving it for business / playing about with on the sofa or on the train atm. Android ftw
    Keyboard is an optional extra I'd probably ignore tbh.

Trying my hand at the App Inventor at the mo... I can make buttons switch between screens. Oh yeah. :sexface:

Edit: Was thinking of LG Optimus 2x more seriously today, then I saw the bugs thread for it over on XDA...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/04...-irony-ensues/

ReputationRep:
    Someone help! I cant download apps onto my sony ericsson x8. Its stuck on starting download.......help please

ReputationRep:
    Nice marketing campaign tho

(Original post by BambieWambie)
    Someone help! I cant download apps onto my sony ericsson x8. Its stuck on starting download.......help please
    Try using a file browser to go into your downloads folder and look for a load ok APK files like download.apk, download(1).apk (or something similar) and install them manually/delete them. This sometimes helps as the Market is confused by these downloaded but not installed apps.

(Original post by wizard710)
    Nice marketing campaign tho
    Yeah, I really like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Try using a file browser to go into your downloads folder and look for a load ok APK files like download.apk, download(1).apk (or something similar) and install them manually/delete them. This sometimes helps as the Market is confused by these downloaded but not installed apps.

Yeah, I really like it.
    Still not working

(Original post by BambieWambie)
    Still not working
    Try... Settings > Applications > Manage > Find Market > Clear data.

Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.