Gah FFS. Why can't Cronos just work without something breaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Gah FFS. Why can't Cronos just work without something breaking
    What's broken on CG1.9.5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    What's broken on CG1.9.5?
    Just random things meaning I have to keep reflashing. I put it on on friday night and then realised something was killing gmail so reflashed again this morning and found the problem is more to do with titanium cos it works before I restore my backup and now it has stopped locking and the home button doesn't work again

ReputationRep:
    So who's got the Xperia Arc? It's looking hot. I'm think it might be the one. I need to check it out in person. I don't think I'd be able to afford an all out high-end phone like the SGS2 cos it's gonna be over £500 and I'm one that likes to buy SIM free. The Arc will be around £100 cheaper, maybe more.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just can't justify to my self having a gamepad, yeah its fine but id rather a keyboard since i'll be using it all day. When you factor in games on android are paritcuarly great, though they are improving rapidly, it just doesn't seem viable as a phone to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Just random things meaning I have to keep reflashing. I put it on on friday night and then realised something was killing gmail so reflashed again this morning and found the problem is more to do with titanium cos it works before I restore my backup and now it has stopped locking and the home button doesn't work again
    I found that if you Titanium any system apps and any licenced apps they tend to not work. Try reinstalling from the Market. I've no problems at all with CG195... As for the homescreen, I've not a clue!

On the xperia Play - Meh, not powerful enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I just can't justify to my self having a gamepad, yeah its fine but id rather a keyboard since i'll be using it all day. When you factor in games on android are paritcuarly great, though they are improving rapidly, it just doesn't seem viable as a phone to me.
    I don't know if you were responding to me, but I meant the Arc not the Play. The Arc looks pretty awesome.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I don't know if you were responding to me, but I meant the Arc not the Play. The Arc looks pretty awesome.
    Oh yeah you were, it was late at night and I wasn't thinking straight :p: hardware wise the Arc is good but if I was to ever get it i'd have to put launcher pro on immediately, I can't stand their UI, too bluey for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    I found that if you Titanium any system apps and any licenced apps they tend to not work. Try reinstalling from the Market. I've no problems at all with CG195... As for the homescreen, I've not a clue!

On the xperia Play - Meh, not powerful enough.
    It's happened to me before and I reflashed and it sorted it. Everything seems to be working now anyway and I installed gmail from the market when I finished and that is working as well

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if anyone could give me a hand here, been trying to find out the exact spec for the up and coming samsung galaxy S2, everywhere states dual core 1ghz procccesor and all the other bells and whistles, but I can't seem to get a consistent value for RAM

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...ification.html

Doesn't have it listed and other review sites state it from anywhere between 512mb and others at 1gb, anyone here able to say what it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john_john)
    Wondering if anyone could give me a hand here, been trying to find out the exact spec for the up and coming samsung galaxy S2, everywhere states dual core 1ghz procccesor and all the other bells and whistles, but I can't seem to get a consistent value for RAM

http://www.samsung.com/global/micros...ification.html

Doesn't have it listed and other review sites state it from anywhere between 512mb and others at 1gb, anyone here able to say what it is?
    GSM Arena state 1gb RAM. I think they're pretty reliable.
    Wait for some more reviews? The phone is out this month so I'm sure more UK sites will be reviewing it properly.

This looks awesome but it's gonna cost a hella lot! I still got my eye on this but I've kinda been swayed to the SE camp cos the Arc has a unique design, not the same old slab design that LG, Samsung and HTC seem to love....though the SGS2 is looking sexy (that screen looks wow).

ReputationRep:
    So who's got the Xperia Arc? It's looking hot. I'm think it might be the one. I need to check it out in person. I don't think I'd be able to afford an all out high-end phone like the SGS2 cos it's gonna be over £500 and I'm one that likes to buy SIM free. The Arc will be around £100 cheaper, maybe more.
    I saw it and love the design. I would get one but A) It isn't coming to my carrier and B) The next phone I get is going to be at least dual core; the Arc isn't that much better than the N1 to warrant an upgrade IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    I saw it and love the design. I would get one but A) It isn't coming to my carrier and B) The next phone I get is going to be at least dual core; the Arc isn't that much better than the N1 to warrant an upgrade IMO.
    Probably not enough to warrant an upgrade, but it will be significantly cheaper than the dual core phones and secondly, dual core-utilising apps are pretty far off. It won't be the norm until 2012 I imagine so performance-wise, beyond gaming, I see there being little advantage in a dual core phone. Both the recent Incredible S and Xperia Arc are single cores and no review suggests slow down in media or general operation. They are blisteringly quick.

So yeah, I think I'd go for a dual core but only at a comparable price because I don't think the extra bucks is worth it. Just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not enough to warrant an upgrade, but it will be significantly cheaper than the dual core phones and secondly, dual core-utilising apps are pretty far off. It won't be the norm until 2012 I imagine so performance-wise, beyond gaming, I see there being little advantage in a dual core phone. Both the recent Incredible S and Xperia Arc are single cores and no review suggests slow down in media or general operation. They are blisteringly quick.

So yeah, I think I'd go for a dual core but only at a comparable price because I don't think the extra bucks is worth it. Just my opinion.
    Damn right; that's what I say ove in the XDA forums and why i took the Atrix back. Yes it was fast but it wasn't that much faster than my Nexus 1. Also having a locked bootloader along with a body design that I don't like.... I love my N1 a lot more.

But yea, if you aren't going to be purchasing a dual core or beyond this year, the Arc is a great phone.

I'm personally waiting for the Galaxy S 2 to see how that holds up; I had the first galaxy s and loved it; just sold it though.

ReputationRep:
    This news story lends even further credence to Sony Ericsson being the way forward. Who would have thought?

ReputationRep:
    Just joined the rank and file of Android users with my new Desire S. First question to more veteran users - how to get rid of the bloatware? There's a lot of stuff on it like Amazon MP3 which I'm simply never going to use, and the delete button seems to be greyed out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Just joined the rank and file of Android users with my new Desire S. First question to more veteran users - how to get rid of the bloatware? There's a lot of stuff on it like Amazon MP3 which I'm simply never going to use, and the delete button seems to be greyed out.
    You can't, yet.

Keep an eye out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1033

As and when it happens, they'll know. You need root as a minimum for what you're trying to do.

ReputationRep:
    This news story lends even further credence to Sony Ericsson being the way forward. Who would have thought?
    Sony really do need to be commended for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    This could become a society at this rate :p:

So HTC has 3 phones so far - Magic, Dream and Hero. Anything else?

Sony Ericsson also seem to be releasing an Xperia 3 operating the android OS.

Samsung have the Galaxy.

I heard Motorola have one in the making also.

Also the Hawaii.

Then there are the rumoured Dell and Archos devices/phones.

Add to that Asus and Lenovo, whatever they are planning to make with android.

Ok that's off the top of my head, anything else?

motorola already have an android phone
    the defy
    htc is releasing the htc desire s that has android 2.3
    and also the galaxy 2 which looks like an iphone4

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.