Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    False alarm. So we disown our own as soon as they buy iPhones :afraid:
    Pretty much (says the girl who is typing this on a macbook...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Pretty much (says the girl who is typing this on a macbook...)
    Mac OS X > Windows
    Android > iOS

^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    Mac OS X > Windows
    No.

But lets not turn this thread into an unnecessary flame war shall we?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if this has ever been posted before here...click on the source to see the bigger picture. TSR scales them down I think...

Source: http://www.emezeta.com/articulos/inf...#axzz1Ios2Eo9d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Dunno if this has ever been posted before here...click on the source to see the bigger picture. TSR scales them down I think...

Source: http://www.emezeta.com/articulos/inf...#axzz1Ios2Eo9d
    I love the brick

ReputationRep:
    My phone is giving me the "I'M FULL OF DATA" message, but I checked the SD card and it is about a quarter full. Is there any way I can get the phone just to stick things on there instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    My phone is giving me the "I'M FULL OF DATA" message, but I checked the SD card and it is about a quarter full. Is there any way I can get the phone just to stick things on there instead?
    You need to enable some form of Apps to SD. This can sometimes be done by going in to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then clicking on the app you want and hitting "Move to SD Card". If this is not available, you may need to root it.

What phone have you got?

ReputationRep:
    Only apps that have specifically enabled it will let you move them to SD Card, and some will never enable it (anything that provides a widget, anything that syncs with an account, provides a keyboard or any other service). Try them all, starting with the biggest space users and work your way down. Or just delete the rubbish ones
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by estel)
    Only apps that have specifically enabled it will let you move them to SD Card, and some will never enable it (anything that provides a widget, anything that syncs with an account, provides a keyboard or any other service). Try them all, starting with the biggest space users and work your way down. Or just delete the rubbish ones
    That's true with stock ROMs, but I thought you could move (well, install) just about any app to the SD card if you're rooted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    That's true with stock ROMs, but I thought you could move (well, install) just about any app to the SD card if you're rooted.
    All of my widgets are saved on my SD Card. I'm using the Ext3 implementation built in to Cronos Gingerbread though, not the standard Android implementation.

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I REALLY REALLY want the SGS 2 now? :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

:dice:

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    All of my widgets are saved on my SD Card. I'm using the Ext3 implementation built in to Cronos Gingerbread though, not the standard Android implementation.
    What's EXT3 like? Never tried it :K:

ReputationRep:
    Androids allowed A2SD ****s widgets/3d games up.
    It's fine with EXT installs though.

(Cyanogen allows you to install ANY app to SD using the allowed method IIRC).

ReputationRep:
    What's EXT3 like? Never tried it :K:
    Well, it works

You need to partition your SD card in to FAT35/Ext3 using the partition manager in a custom bootloader to do it. AmonRA works, I believe ClockWork Recovery does too. You'll also need to use a ROM that supports it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah, I have my apps on an ext3 partition as well (though using LeeDrOiD on my HTC Desire, which is more-or-less stock Froyo Sense but with optimisations and obviously rooted).

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that I REALLY REALLY want the SGS 2 now? :p:

Spoiler:
    Show

:dice:
    It does look very very sexeh but I'm looking forward to what HTC announce next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    It does look very very sexeh but I'm looking forward to what HTC announce next week
    Pyramid, non-3D Evo 3D apppppaz.

ReputationRep:
    For sure. Shame neither have Tegra...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I hope it's something like this [xda-devs]. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I hope it's something like this [xda-devs]. :yes:
    OMAP 4 :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Who loves nvidia Tegra?
    mikeyd loves nvidia Tegra!
    is it true?
    i do i do i dooohooo!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.