mikeyd loves nvidia Tegra!
    is it true?
    i do i do i dooohooo!
    2X?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    2X?
    :yep:

Though I think it's either got buggy software or a hardware fault somewhere! :teehee: Might have to get rid...

Still, £25 month with 600 mins / unlimited text / 500mb data and the phone for free ain't a bad deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :yep:

Though I think it's either got buggy software or a hardware fault somewhere! :teehee: Might have to get rid...

Still, £25 month with 600 mins / unlimited text / 500mb data and the phone for free ain't a bad deal.
    That's a great real. That's what I get on my contract for £22.50 but had to pay £100 for Hero.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    £15 a month, 200 mins, unlimited text, 500MB, phone for free
    Love it

ReputationRep:
    £25 200min / unlimited text / 3GB internet -- Hero for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got HTC Legend, but I don't think i'm getting the best from it. Any tips on things I can do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I've got HTC Legend, but I don't think i'm getting the best from it. Any tips on things I can do?
    Well, what makes you say that? Why do you feel that you could do more?

ReputationRep:
    Well, what makes you say that? Why do you feel that you could do more?
    I'm only using the the stock Sense interface. On my 7 screens are Texts, emails, Favourite contacts, main screen, friends stream, bookmarks amd a screen of apps. I've seen other peoples on here and there are amazing compared to mine

ReputationRep:
    As with any Android phone, there's a checklist:

Root it. Upgrade the ROM. Customise it. Admire it. Play Angry Birds.

ReputationRep:
    I'm only using the the stock Sense interface. On my 7 screens are Texts, emails, Favourite contacts, main screen, friends stream, bookmarks amd a screen of apps. I've seen other peoples on here and there are amazing compared to mine
    Minimalism and widgets are the best methods of achieving slick looking interfaces. If you can access the same information by pressing an icon, it's usually better to not have that information spamming up a homescreen. For instance, a Facebook icon (though I hear Flow is a much better Facebook app) is better than having a huge feed widget taking up an entire homescreen.

UI Mods like LauncherPro also aid this by allowing you to fully customise the dock bar at the bottom of the screen.

ReputationRep:
    The issue you've got really is Sense. I'm not going to bash it, it's the best custom UI made any OEM with many, many useful features. The problem with it is that it's not nearly as customisable as say, Launcher Pro or ADW. Also, without installing a custom ROM, you'll never be able to stop Sense processes running, so by adding another Launcher, you're just going to use system resources.

If you want to go down the path of custom ROMs, then the XDA forums is where you need to start looking, but it's not for the faint hearted and it will invalidate your warranty.

You could look at getting some new widgets for further customisation, but if what you have already covers your needs, then there's no point. You've also got to remember that Android is about having it the way you want it. If you feel that it does cover your requirements and that it's just a little beautification that's missing, perhaps it's not worth the hassle.

ReputationRep:
    The issue you've got really is Sense. I'm not going to bash it, it's the best custom UI made any OEM with many, many useful features. The problem with it is that it's not nearly as customisable as say, Launcher Pro or ADW. Also, without installing a custom ROM, you'll never be able to stop Sense processes running, so by adding another Launcher, you're just going to use system resources.

If you want to go down the path of custom ROMs, then the XDA forums is where you need to start looking, but it's not for the faint hearted and it will invalidate your warranty.

You could look at getting some new widgets for further customisation, but if what you have already covers your needs, then there's no point. You've also got to remember that Android is about having it the way you want it. If you feel that it does cover your requirements and that it's just a little beautification that's missing, perhaps it's not worth the hassle.
    I really like Launcher Pro and its really like how my phones set up now. Any you reconmend a decent clock widget? All the ones i've done loaded are to small or to big

ReputationRep:
    I really like Launcher Pro and its really like how my phones set up now. Any you reconmend a decent clock widget? All the ones i've done loaded are to small or to big
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/make-you....makeyourclock

Well, of all of them, this is the most customisable I've found. Me having the artistic ambitions of a gnat, a very dead on at that, struggles with anything other than the templates available...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I use Beautiful Widgets for my clock

http://www.appbrain.com/app/beautifu...autifulwidgets

and then I have this add on

http://www.appbrain.com/app/bw-anima...up.bw.forecast

which I love and makes my iPhone friends jealous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I use Beautiful Widgets for my clock

http://www.appbrain.com/app/beautifu...autifulwidgets

and then I have this add on

http://www.appbrain.com/app/bw-anima...up.bw.forecast

which I love and makes my iPhone friends jealous!
    Nice. I wouldn't mind giving SPB Shell 3D a go. Then iPhone users will really go green.

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I wouldn't mind giving SPB Shell 3D a go. Then iPhone users will really go green.

It looks very pretty. Bit dear though at £9.14...

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a call from Orange telling me my contract expires in July...

Wondering if it will be worth upgrading to something like samsung galaxy s2 or better.

Or just getting a sim only deal and sticking with this phone another year.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

Hmmm looks kinda messy IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

Wondering if it will be worth upgrading to something like samsung galaxy s2 or better.

Which phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

Hold off for a while. You may as well consider T-Mobile too. I was looking at SIM only deals t'other day. they're good and all that, but aside from the short length contract, they don't offer great value IMO.

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    It looks very pretty. Bit dear though at £9.14...
    Agreed. Though if I knew where I could get it for free...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.