Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Anyone heard much about the Asus EEE Pad? Information seems a bit thin on the ground regarding release dates about it...

It looks pretty good...
    It has caught my eye, I must admit.

ReputationRep:
    OSF owners - CyanogenMod 7 now has a stable release available for the OSF. I'm going to leave it a fortnight before upgrading, just to make sure that there's no unforeseen bugs, but it looks excellent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    OSF owners - CyanogenMod 7 now has a stable release available for the OSF. I'm going to leave it a fortnight before upgrading, just to make sure that there's no unforeseen bugs, but it looks excellent!
    And you call yourself and Android fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    And you call yourself and Android fan.
    :emo: Like I've said before - my phone is a "production" phone. I can't install experimental/unproven firmware on there because I need the phone to be 100% functional, 100% of the time. When I upgrade in the next couple of months, my OSF will become my little play toy.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Thank youuuu

ReputationRep:
    It has caught my eye, I must admit.
    I wanted to have a play around with it before buying one but it seems nowhere around me is going to have a display unit when it gets released. Pc World and Curry's were clueless...as usual

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a problem whereby their one or more of their contacts' details don't show up properly? When using Messages on my Desire S, all the contacts are fine except for one person, for whom it just shows their number with the standard grey anonymous profile pic and none of the details like their name.

It's bizarre, I've got their full contact details in the 'people' list and even clicked through the link on the person's contact page to send the message, but none of their details show up in the messaging app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Has anyone had a problem whereby their one or more of their contacts' details don't show up properly? When using Messages on my Desire S, all the contacts are fine except for one person, for whom it just shows their number with the standard grey anonymous profile pic and none of the details like their name.

It's bizarre, I've got their full contact details in the 'people' list and even clicked through the link on the person's contact page to send the message, but none of their details show up in the messaging app.
    Delete the contact.
    Recreate the contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Delete the contact.
    Recreate the contact.
    Yeah that was one of the things I tried, cheers though. Ended up having to boot the phone in safe mode, which sorted it. Not sure what the problem was.

ReputationRep:
    SPB Shell 3D Mini Review

The Good:

Sexy as owt
    Really smooth

The Bad:
    Selection bugs galore - moving items on your homescreen / in to folders is a nightmare
    No customisation per se - all items go to the top and fill down wards. Moving things can be problematic due to this
    No live wallpaper

Verdict:
    Definitely not worth the money yet, but when it's fixed, my word this will redefine the Android User Experience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it :dontknow:

What are you guys talkin' about now? :ninja: Tablets?

Subscribed to the thread in anticipation of the Galaxy S2. :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    Why does pol keep getting banned?

ReputationRep:
    Banned by request, I believe

ReputationRep:
    He's only been back a day or two :erm:

Oh well.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    He's only been back a day or two :erm:

Oh well.
    2 month ban :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    2 month ban :bawling:
    :nopity:

ReputationRep:
    IT LIVES?!??!

ReputationRep:
    Looks good. Seems to be very similar in spec to my phone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.