Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I'm finally going to install the new ROM tonight (probably tomorrow actually). Any advice?
    Which one are you installing? My advice is: follow the instructions to the letter. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Official.

I'm scared of rooting (I believe that is the term) my phone. I love it and don't wanna break it.
    I can only reiterate what Carl has already said really. Though it's not hard at all for the official one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Haha, I'd hammer my 500MB a month if I used Spotify. I'm happy sticking with my iPod for music though.
    Whats the 500mb usage like? I'll just casually use it, email, facebook, youtube etc.. does it get used up quickly?

ReputationRep:
    I find out about my unbilled charges. It was an 08 number and voicemail. I haven't been charged for data usage and I use a lot! I'm always travelling and using the web/streaming music. It seems T Mobiles unlimited data is pretty unlimited!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Whats the 500mb usage like? I'll just casually use it, email, facebook, youtube etc.. does it get used up quickly?
    You'll be more than fine, I've left 3G on since i've been at uni and only managed to use <250MB this month. That includes loads of web/email/facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Problem......................... ................................ .........

I updates my hero with a new rom (not this donut thing that people talk about) and backed up my data and restored it and all that. Now when i go to add a new contact, i only get sim and phone.......... i don't get the option of having a google contact

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)

I updates my hero with a new rom (not this donut thing that people talk about) and backed up my data and restored it and all that. Now when i go to add a new contact, i only get sim and phone.......... i don't get the option of having a google contact
    Have you set up your Google account yet?

ReputationRep:

Did you log back into Google upon restarting your phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Have you set up your Google account yet?
    (Original post by Carl)
    Did you log back into Google upon restarting your phone?
    yea i did log back in after my restart which is what confuses me.

doesn't matter now anyways, found out the solution which was to reset my google thing altogether

ReputationRep:
    yea i did log back in after my restart which is what confuses me.

doesn't matter now anyways, found out the solution which was to reset my google thing altogether
    Glad it's fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Google to offer turn-by-turn navigation on Android devices

Google FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    Google to offer turn-by-turn navigation on Android devices

Google FTW
    When it got to the part of caching maps, I was saying ******* win in my head.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think that the Droid software looks really bad and laggy :/?

ReputationRep:
    When it got to the part of caching maps, I was saying ******* win in my head.
    And free? TomTom and others will be hating big time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    And free? TomTom and others will be hating big time.
    Yup! Android is so FTW! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Android is so FTW! :yes:
    When is it released?

ReputationRep:
    When is it released?
    The Devs already have it... Motorola Droid is the first phone out with it on, that's coming in around a fortnight. Hopefully HTC will get on it and make a Sense UI with Eclair ROM for us by mid November...

Then all we need is Flash! :woo:

Edit: HTC are saying they aren't going to do Donut for the Hero, and are skipping to Eclair instead.

ReputationRep:
    The Devs already have it... Motorola Droid is the first phone out with it on, that's coming in around a fortnight. Hopefully HTC will get on it and make a Sense UI with Eclair ROM for us by mid November...

Then all we need is Flash! :woo:

Edit: HTC are saying they aren't going to do Donut for the Hero, and are skipping to Eclair instead.
    The fact that Droid is already running 2.0 means that HTC most likely already have their hand on it and could make Sense really quickly :O

ReputationRep:
    Yea I read somewhere that the Hero owners should have Éclair by November, not sure where I read this

ReputationRep:
    Gensoid works fine. Playing some classic Streets of Rage 2. They seem to have updated the Virtual D-Pad and you can configure the buttons yourself making it actually usable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.