:facepalm: Serious?
    It's fairly standard :p:

Is the new windows phone any good?
    Android is still better isn't it?

(Original post by blueray)
    Is the new windows phone any good?
    Android is still better isn't it?
    Subjective.

But IMO (and likely everyone in this thread as well) Android is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :facepalm: Serious?

[EDIT] Ok... but it's still become very bloated.
    Yeah. I'm waiting for Amazon's Cloud Music to launch here

I still like Winamp... It doesn't seem bloated to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It's become very sluggish on my OSF. :erm:

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    It's become very sluggish on my OSF. :erm:
    It's really smooth for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Pah. We don't need that either. Lets face it, for smart phones, anything less than 3G is completely useless. Too little bandwidth, too much data.
    We had to start somewhere correct? That's that's like, in two years, asking why we would even make a phone with a 25nm chip and then put two of them in there? That's so much space, anything larger than 5nm and less than 6 of them is useless.

(Original post by Young Spade)
    We had to start somewhere correct? That's that's like, in two years, asking why we would even make a phone with a 25nm chip and then put two of them in there? That's so much space, anything larger than 5nm and less than 6 of them is useless.
    What am I reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I loved the idea of wireless syncing when it came out, however the lack of an equalizer (on my version anyway) killed it for me.

Have you tried Poweramp? ( Think that's the name, the blue circle with a play logo inside is the logo).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What am I reading?
    I quoted you talking about the lack of GPRS and Edge networks; you stated that they're worthless to smartphones now. I was just stating that we had to start from somewhere; because their useless now doesn't really mean they aren't justified.

(Original post by Young Spade)
    I loved the idea of wireless syncing when it came out, however the lack of an equalizer (on my version anyway) killed it for me.

Have you tried Poweramp? ( Think that's the name, the blue circle with a play logo inside is the logo).
    I have never found need for equalizers. Music always sounds worse to me when I mess with settings. Winamp does me just fine

ReputationRep:
    I look forward to the day when I can listen to music, be playing a game and text somone back all at the same time

(Original post by wizard710)
    I look forward to the day when I can listen to music, be playing a game and text somone back all at the same time
    Are you still on a Hero?

ReputationRep:
    I might have to flash CM7 on my dad's OSF :sexface:

(Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah. I'm waiting for Amazon's Cloud Music to launch here
    Same, although I'm not sure how long that's going to be.

In other news, I can't for the life of me get my hands on a ASUS Eee Pad, this is what happens when they give something like this to Comet and the DSGi group to sell. I've asked so many of their stores and they're totally clueless. Played around on a Xoom though and Honeycomb is pretty lush.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's got a Defy, this CM7 port development has moved insanely quickly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1033654

Haven't tried it yet though, since this is my primary phone and I kind of cant risk bricking it (and theres exams to study for too...) -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Are you still on a Hero?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    If anyone's got a Defy, this CM7 port development has moved insanely quickly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1033654

Haven't tried it yet though, since this is my primary phone and I kind of cant risk bricking it (and theres exams to study for too...) -_-
    I'm on the Defy as well, was really excited to see that It's not fully functional yet though, so I'll probably wait for that. I'm still on 2.1 anyway so there's always the official 2.2 to come out and try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    I'm on the Defy as well, was really excited to see that It's not fully functional yet though, so I'll probably wait for that. I'm still on 2.1 anyway so there's always the official 2.2 to come out and try
    Yeah, I havn't had the time to mess around with roms, so I just kept the stock one and overclocked it.

When the hell is this 2.2 update supposed to be available? They say Q2, but knowing Motorola, its going to be sometime in June

(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Yeah, I havn't had the time to mess around with roms, so I just kept the stock one and overclocked it.

When the hell is this 2.2 update supposed to be available? They say Q2, but knowing Motorola, its going to be sometime in June
    June is still in Q2 :bubbles:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.