The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/orange-monte-carlo

I found this :biggrin: But its not out yet...know when its out?
Original post by blueray
http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/orange-monte-carlo

I found this :biggrin: But its not out yet...know when its out?

Looks... really really quite good tbh. Slightly worried that the specifications don't show CPU or RAM though... Hmmmm. No idea of release date.

Edit: 512MB, 800Mhz, 800x480 screen. that really does tick a lot of boxes for a really nice mid range device. http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_skate-3784.php
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mikeyd85
Aye, it's on my Barclays card already. :smile:

Aah. Nice. Is it actualy easy to use?
Original post by wizz_kid
Aah. Nice. Is it actualy easy to use?

As easy as any other Android phone I'd imagine...
Anyone got the new market, looks pretty cool!

Looks... really really quite good tbh. Slightly worried that the specifications don't show CPU or RAM though... Hmmmm. No idea of release date.

Edit: 512MB, 800Mhz, 800x480 screen. that really does tick a lot of boxes for a really nice mid range device. http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_skate-3784.php

Some say under £100 I hope it is :biggrin: What do you think the price will be?
Original post by blueray
Some say under £100 I hope it is :biggrin: What do you think the price will be?

I'll be amazed if it's that cheap, I'd expect £150 tbh.
Reply 5627
I'll be amazed if it's that cheap, I'd expect £150 tbh.

The Monte Carlo is being scoped as the replacement to the SanFran, so I definitely can see it coming under £100. I was never sure how the SanFran was able to hit that price in the first place.
Original post by estel
The Monte Carlo is being scoped as the replacement to the SanFran, so I definitely can see it coming under £100. I was never sure how the SanFran was able to hit that price in the first place.

We'll see. I just think it's got far too good spec to be sold at £100 without making massive losses. I also can't think why Orange would see it at a massive loss either, unless mobile PAYG data is astronomically expensive for the end users. They've already got budget phones after all. :dontknow:
Reply 5630
We'll see. I just think it's got far too good spec to be sold at £100 without making massive losses. I also can't think why Orange would see it at a massive loss either, unless mobile PAYG data is astronomically expensive for the end users. They've already got budget phones after all. :dontknow:

I'm pretty sure that both handsets are loss-leaders for Orange.
Original post by estel
I'm pretty sure that both handsets are loss-leaders for Orange.

Fair enough. Wonder why they're doing it... :iiam:
Reply 5632
Fair enough. Wonder why they're doing it... :iiam:

Presumably because it brings customers looking for an incredible value handset onto their network? :p:
Original post by estel
Presumably because it brings customers looking for an incredible value handset onto their network? :p:

Well... yeah... PAYG must be more lucrative than I thought (saying that, I haven't used / looked at PAYG for years, so I've no idea any more...)
iOS5 is seriously so crap.
Reply 5635
Decided to take the risk and upgrade to 2.3 on my desire, didn't take to long and it seems to run faster and smoother. Couple of nice little add-ons aswell, no sense 2.1 though :frown:

Even though I've only had my SanFran a year I'm tempted by this...
Original post by johnnn
Decided to take the risk and upgrade to 2.3 on my desire, didn't take to long and it seems to run faster and smoother. Couple of nice little add-ons aswell, no sense 2.1 though :frown:

If you're rooted you can run the LeeDrOiD Desire HD Port which has an optional Sense 3.0 add-on. :smile: I've noticed it is a little slower though.
Reply 5638
My friend got the SGS2, pretty powerful.
Well... yeah... PAYG must be more lucrative than I thought (saying that, I haven't used / looked at PAYG for years, so I've no idea any more...)

Sim-only contracts would likely work in a similar fashion to PAYG I suppose. They are quite popular too

Latest

Trending

Trending