Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    No I think i'm up to scratch, thanks. I wasn't sure if you could get CM through rom manager
    Oh ok, head over to XDA and see if there's a guide on installing it. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    @Yoyo that thing scores very high in the quadrant. Amazingly high. I'm excited.

ReputationRep:
    No I think i'm up to scratch, thanks. I wasn't sure if you could get CM through rom manager
    Just out of interest, have you read the CM site's wiki pages for your device? It gives you a step-by-step tutorial about how to do it, there.

[EDIT] New CM update for those interested. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Just out of interest, have you read the CM site's wiki pages for your device? It gives you a step-by-step tutorial about how to do it, there.

[EDIT] New CM update for those interested. :awesome:
    Is that one of those 'nightly' updates? The update just a simple install and reboot?

And no

I have already installed it though with no problems. All though I do miss the HTC Sense widgets

ReputationRep:
    Is that one of those 'nightly' updates? The update just a simple install and reboot?

And no

I have already installed it though with no problems. All though I do miss the HTC Sense widgets
    No, it's a bug fix update to the stable build, rather than one of the development nightly builds.

And yes, it just a case of download, install, reboot.

ReputationRep:
    My build is updated way too often.

ReputationRep:

And no

That's why I can't see myself getting an Android phone made by anyone other than HTC in the neat future, and the reason I don't really like CyanogenMod

You can try the Beautiful Widgets app though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGetGully)
    That's why I can't see myself getting an Android phone made by anyone other than HTC in the neat future, and the reason I don't really like CyanogenMod

You can try the Beautiful Widgets app though
    Launcher Pro Plus does a pretty good job or replacing the useful Sense widgets tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. LG Support are classic sometimes!

Mobile Phone Support: Hello, Mike. Can I help you with anything today?
    Mike: Hi there!
    Mobile Phone Support: Hi
    Mobile Phone Support: how can i help
    Mike dyne: I was just wondering if you guys have a change log for the recent v10D update for the LG Optimus 2x, specifically with a view to see if it's fixed a few of the bugs?
    Mobile Phone Support: A change log?
    Mike: Yes - a list of the changes to the phones system applied at the time of doing an update.
    Mobile Phone Support: At this moment in time we do not possess this information

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    So it turns out that updating my phone to Froyo means that I can't root it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    So it turns out that updating my phone to Froyo means that I can't root it anyway.
    Which phone?

Have you tried Super One Click?

ReputationRep:
    HTC Wildfire.
    -- Note: if you are on official Android 2.2.1 release by HTC, or, are on HBoot 1.x (Turn off Phone, Press Vol Down + Power, you will see your HBoot version), your phone is not rootable by any software methods yet. The only way is to find someone with an XTC Clip hardware device, get S-OFF and then root. Refer these pages:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    HTC Wildfire.
    Yet.... still pretty brutal!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Is there anyway/apps I could get my contacts from my HTC to my new phone? I'll be on a different network as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. Is there anyway/apps I could get my contacts from my HTC to my new phone? I'll be on a different network as well.
    Google does this automatically assuming you have your contacts set to "Google". As soon as you sign in on the new device, your contacts will be downloaded for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'll believe this when I see it

ReputationRep:
    Sony or Sammy tablet?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Sony or Sammy tablet?!?!?
    Samsung. Sony = Fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Samsung. Sony = Fail.
    I love Sony for everything except PlayStation. And maybe the x10 range.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.