Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    and i dont like having outdated software :P)
    then why not get the sensation or galaxy s2.......

besides you can never chase these things anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Obviously they hate his name :s
    You got Charles N'Zogbia in your phonebook?

Anyway, wondering if anybody is familiar with this...

I have a Desire Z running ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4

When I hold the volume up button and power it on to get into Recovery, it just vibrates 3 times, then the power light flashes on and off

I can't do anything until I remove the battery

To get into recovery, I need to remove the battery (to stop Fastboot) then hold volume down and power it on to get into the bootloader, then go to recovery from there, OR boot into recovery via ROM Manager

I flashed CWM through ROM Manager if that would make any difference

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGetGully)
    You got Charles N'Zogbia in your phonebook?

Anyway, wondering if anybody is familiar with this...

I have a Desire Z running ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4

When I hold the volume up button and power it on to get into Recovery, it just vibrates 3 times, then the power light flashes on and off

I can't do anything until I remove the battery

To get into recovery, I need to remove the battery (to stop Fastboot) then hold volume down and power it on to get into the bootloader, then go to recovery from there, OR boot into recovery via ROM Manager

I flashed CWM through ROM Manager if that would make any difference

:confused:
    Have you tried reflashing your recovery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Nope Have tried re-saving it under a different name and it's worked...bizarre!
    Hah, I had a weird problem that was similar (not on android though), where I had my home number saved under various contacts, but if I rung it it would call as if I didn't have the contact. Not as serious, but odd. Phones are just strange...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Installation)
    Hah, I had a weird problem that was similar (not on android though), where I had my home number saved under various contacts, but if I rung it it would call as if I didn't have the contact. Not as serious, but odd. Phones are just strange...
    I think my phone knows that my last phone I drunkenly lost on New Year's Eve (NEVER expect a phone to stay in your stockings) and my second last phone got stolen in Edinburgh so therefore it wants its revenge now before I screw it over too

ReputationRep:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/28/s...y-s-ii-review/

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    not sure what i want now....

sgs2 or htc sensation

ReputationRep:
    SGS2 really looks like a really nice phone but why did they have to go and make it out of plastic?

ReputationRep:
    Was just about to post that, it does look 'Sensational' :mmm:

I want it so badly...:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    SGS2 really looks like a really nice phone but why did they have to go and make it out of plastic?
    Cos it's Sammy...I don't mind it so much on my SGS but I can see why people would...

ReputationRep:
    OMG, so tempting: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sams...ne-shop/926281

ReputationRep:
    CM7 was really unstable, and in the end I actually realised I really like Sense.

So, I'm now on LeeDrOid v2.4.1. 2.2 froyo with sense, and openVPN to use my uni internet

ReputationRep:
    Maybe even more tempting: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sams...-399-o2/928615

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    then why not get the sensation or galaxy s2.......
    (Original post by G8D)
    I would say the SG2 however it has a 4.3 incher.
    Desire S is pretty nice though.

Have you had a look at the Sensation? :sogood:
    Iv had a look at them both and look really good, i think the s2 is better as its faster but im thinking the large displays will make the phone too big

would the single core processor and lower RAM in the desire s make is thatmuch slower?
    The differences ive seen are that the camera isnt as good in the desire (but i dont really take many pictures) and theres less storage but i can use a microsd...Anything im missing?

This is just as hard of a decision as choosing unis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    Iv had a look at them both and look really good, i think the s2 is better as its faster but im thinking the large displays will make the phone too big

would the single core processor and lower RAM in the desire s make is thatmuch slower?
    The differences ive seen are that the camera isnt as good in the desire (but i dont really take many pictures) and theres less storage but i can use a microsd...Anything im missing?

This is just as hard of a decision as choosing unis!
    Sense 3.0

and HTC build quality is amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    depends what you're doing but didn't you say in your previous post that you don't like outdated software (and i'm assuming by that you also mean hardware)? if so then why would you go against what you jus said and get an "old" phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    depends what you're doing but didn't you say in your previous post that you don't like outdated software (and i'm assuming by that you also mean hardware)? if so then why would you go against what you jus said and get an "old" phone
    I meant software wise for example i have an ipod touch 1st gen that is stuck on an old firmware and so i dont have the latest features

With hardware i want at least relatively up to date as long as its not too far behind which is why im wondering if the 1 processor and less RAM would make enough of a difference to ignore the fact that the phones may be abit too big and to get the sensation or s2.
    Hope im explaining it well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)
    I meant software wise for example i have an ipod touch 1st gen that is stuck on an old firmware and so i dont have the latest features

With hardware i want at least relatively up to date as long as its not too far behind which is why im wondering if the 1 processor and less RAM would make enough of a difference to ignore the fact that the phones may be abit too big and to get the sensation or s2.
    I think most single core CPU phones have a seperate GPU whereas the dual core ones have integrated GPUs so they're not a LOT better?

I'm not sure but I think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGetGully)
    I think most single core CPU phones have a seperate GPU whereas the dual core ones have integrated GPUs so they're not a LOT better?

I'm not sure but I think so
    The S2 has a quad core GPU... Even if it is integrated, it should be a lot more powerful than single core CPU phones. Many of them have integrated GPUs too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwza)

It looks like the S2 is a big step forward in terms of raw processing power. I think you should go for a dual-core phone, just in case. From the reviews I've read on the S2, a lot of the processing power isn't used, so I think it'll last for a long time in terms of running new software.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.