Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    don't carphone warehouse sell a lot of phones unlocked anyway? You might not even need to pay for it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    don't carphone warehouse sell a lot of phones unlocked anyway? You might not even need to pay for it...
    Indeed they do, so that they don't have to have multiple versions of the same phone for different carriers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Carrier unlocking does not void the hardware warranty for the phone.
    Cheers, i think i may get the 02 one and unlock it as tmobile have offered me a decent £5 a month contract

Whats the best place to get them unlocked, market? or are their easier and cheaper ways to do it?

(Original post by Bobifier)
    yeah but its £400 in the carphonewarehouse +they dont have any stock atm and only £360 on payg from 02

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by designuk)
    Cheers, i think i may get the 02 one and unlock it as tmobile have offered me a decent £5 a month contract

Whats the best place to get them unlocked, market? or are their easier and cheaper ways to do it?

yeah but its £400 in the carphonewarehouse +they dont have any stock atm and only £360 on payg from 02
    You can get them done in the market, or there may be online services available to do it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...n-on-Benchmark

Forget the HTC Sensation.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Bloody hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by designuk)

You can ask o2 for an unlock code I think, but that may just be on contracts

However, every o2 phone I've ever had has been unlocked... I thought it was only Orange/Vodafone that lock/brand phones

What the hell? How does that work if they have the same CPU (although the Galaxy S II looks as if it has a seperate GPU)?

I'd still rather get the HTC than a Samsung though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGetGully)

However, every o2 phone I've ever had has been unlocked... I thought it was only Orange/Vodafone that lock/brand phones

What the hell? How does that work if they have the same CPU (although the Galaxy S II looks as if it has a seperate GPU)?

Well i will speak to someone in the o2 shop on tuesday and hopefully they can tell me. I'm tempted to get the galaxy s2 as its only £400 on o2 payg and with £5 a month contract thats not bad over time but i want the arc because of the camera, its look and the screen.

I still think that sense is the best ui but maybe thats because im used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGetGully)

Don't think they have the same processor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Don't think they have the same processor.
    ah my bad, thought I read "also packing the same processor, the HTC Sensation"

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my 3rd Optimus 2X now! :rofl:

Damn things keep on freezing on me. Still, at least P4U are really good at swapping within first 28 days (prays this one is fine though). If not, think I'll just sell it and buy an S2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

Damn things keep on freezing on me. Still, at least P4U are really good at swapping within first 28 days (prays this one is fine though). If not, think I'll just sell it and buy an S2.
    What the hell are you doing to them :-o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    What the hell are you doing to them :-o
    Charging them from the mains... :rolleyes: It seems that half of them work fine, the rest are just terrible...

ReputationRep:

SoGA it and get an S2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    SoGA it and get an S2.
    I shall do if this third one goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    from a non-rooting point of view, what's better the samsung galaxy s2 or htc sensation? I say non-rooting point of view because i expect much of the reason why the s2 has got everyone drooling is because of the raw processing power as opposed to what the phone comes in stock - what else sets apart the s2 from the sensation?

ReputationRep:
    I shall do if this third one goes wrong.
    what in the world possessed you to buy an LG? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    from a non-rooting point of view, what's better the samsung galaxy s2 or htc sensation? I say non-rooting point of view because i expect much of the reason why the s2 has got everyone drooling is because of the raw processing power as opposed to what the phone comes in stock - what else sets apart the s2 from the sensation?
    S2 only had power.
    Sensation has a better UI and better aesthetics.

My views on the Sensation are purely opinion, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so does anyone know why the Desire doesn't have 2.3 firmware yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    Ok, so does anyone know why the Desire doesn't have 2.3 firmware yet?
    It's an old phone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.