Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Yes. You can install APK files with ease on most phones as standard.
    I said off of. As in, paying for the App though the marketplace, removing it and cracking it, then refunding the application for the refund, effectively stealing it. That's what people are doing.

Installing an application doesn't' really rely on root access if it isn't a root centric application.

ReputationRep:
    if you order it from the vodafone website, as opposed to getting it in carphone warehouse, will you get ugly badges on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    There's always hacking and installing ROMs/kernels I honestly can't wait until they come over here to the states.
    Yeah but with a phone like this which has fixed a lot of things over say the SGS it's gonna be a bit harder. I'll deffo root it and get a custom rom but what else? OC/UV maybe? :p:

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yeah it does. Some times. For instance, no need SU to disable the licence check part of SPB Shell 3D.

Edit: Or to enable side loading of apps in the first place if your carrier is a ****.

Doubledit:

Spoiler:
    Show

:awesome:
    Is that legit or is using something like stagefright (dunno if you've ever heard of it or not) to boost the score? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I said off of. As in, paying for the App though the marketplace, removing it and cracking it, then refunding the application for the refund, effectively stealing it. That's what people are doing.

Installing an application doesn't' really rely on root access if it isn't a root centric application.
    But that's a lot of effort when you can just go online and get it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah but with a phone like this which has fixed a lot of things over say the SGS it's gonna be a bit harder. I'll deffo root it and get a custom rom but what else? OC/UV maybe? :p:
    Meh, there are always improvements to be made. Of course rooting it will be a priority to download the applications that I like, however OC/UV is a definite plus; overclocking each core to 1.4 would provide a huge increase in speed. Albeit the battery life would go straight down the drain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    But that's a lot of effort when you can just go online and get it...
    But the people have to get it from somewhere don't they? I mean, of course you could just go download an application and steal it the easy way, however if it isn't a very popular application you might have to go get it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, there are always improvements to be made. Of course rooting it will be a priority to download the applications that I like, however OC/UV is a definite plus; overclocking each core to 1.4 would provide a huge increase in speed. Albeit the battery life would go straight down the drain.
    Yeah it's already rooted now :p: That's one thing that I couldn't live without...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's already rooted now :p: That's one thing that I couldn't live without...
    8am yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    8am yeh
    Tell me about it, so far this week I've got up this early everyday!

ReputationRep:
    But the people have to get it from somewhere don't they? I mean, of course you could just go download an application and steal it the easy way, however if it isn't a very popular application you might have to go get it yourself.
    If an app isn't popular on Android then it's usually not worth having.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If an app isn't popular on Android then it's usually not worth having.
    This. In my experience, there's barely any apps that I've wanted that haven't had over 100000 downloads.

ReputationRep:
    Is that legit or is using something like stagefright (dunno if you've ever heard of it or not) to boost the score? :p:
    No idea tbh. The OP of the ROM where the screenshot came from put up very little (like he uploaded and created the thread on XDA in 2 minutes) and hasn't really been seen since. Not many people have used his ROM either, the only person who has reported back says he gets circa 3000 points. I'd try it myself, but I don't want to invalidate the warantee after all the issues I've had with my Optimus 2x.

ReputationRep:
    Been on live chat to P4U today. Think I'm gunnna be able to get rid of the O2X in the end. Gunna go for a SGS2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Been on live chat to P4U today. Think I'm gunnna be able to get rid of the O2X in the end. Gunna go for a SGS2.
    Excellent. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Excellent. :sexface:
    Yup. Will let everyone know how it went just in case anyone else needs a hand with this.

ReputationRep:
    I hate you all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I hate you all.
    There's part of me that would love to have just stayed with the Hero... but once you get used to web browsing with no keyboard lag...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I hate you all.
    :puppyeyes: Why me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    :puppyeyes: Why me?
    I was just referring to SGS2 guys.

You're sound.

ReputationRep:
    When can you upgrade anyway?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.