Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by wizard710)
    I'm going to use the cupcake sdk as that is what I have downloaded but I have to learn java first
    If you find any good tutorial resources please link me

ReputationRep:
    Currently signed up to o2 simplicty 800 mins, 1600 texts, free web browsing. I can browse the web and all but cant connect to the android market. It states 'cant establish a reliable data connection to server. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care'.....I presume this is because im not connected to wifi? So, if i dont live in a place with free wifi-im pretty much screwed????

ReputationRep:
    Stat clash: Motorola Milestone v Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Overall winner: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to connect the hero to your car stereo so you can play your music through the car speakers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike89)
    Currently signed up to o2 simplicty 800 mins, 1600 texts, free web browsing. I can browse the web and all but cant connect to the android market. It states 'cant establish a reliable data connection to server. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care'.....I presume this is because im not connected to wifi? So, if i dont live in a place with free wifi-im pretty much screwed????
    You need to do a factory reset and configure your Google account completely during original set up.

(Original post by Nick_000)
    Is there a way to connect the hero to your car stereo so you can play your music through the car speakers?
    Yes, you could run a 3.5mm jack to the line-in of your stereo, or use A2DP Bluetooth or an FM transmitter or with a tape converter.

ReputationRep:
    My Spotify app updated a few day's ago and the logo (that you press) changed from the big green one to a tiny black/white logo with a play sign on it (I think it is the one which appears on the notifications when your playing music). Anyone know how to sort it? Not a major issue, but it doesn't look good and it is annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    My Spotify app updated a few day's ago and the logo (that you press) changed from the big green one to a tiny black/white logo with a play sign on it (I think it is the one which appears on the notifications when your playing music). Anyone know how to sort it? Not a major issue, but it doesn't look good and it is annoying me.
    Hmmm, mine stayed the same. Just uninstall then re-install. It saves your playlists so you don't have to sync them again.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I desperately want the HTC Hero after reading so many rave reviews and seeing you lot wanck over Android!!

So iv found this deal right here - the Orange Dolphin 30 one with the 10 quid discount. Its got 600 mins Any Network Anytime + Unlimited Texts+ 500MB Data.

How does it look? only 20quid a month, dont mind paying the 97 for the phone! Good deal i reckon! Does it have all the internet / maps jazz included? Will 500MB be enough to get the most out of the phone?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Hey guys! I desperately want the HTC Hero after reading so many rave reviews and seeing you lot wanck over Android!!

So iv found this deal right here - the Orange Dolphin 30 one with the 10 quid discount. Its got 600 mins Any Network Anytime + Unlimited Texts+ 500MB Data.

How does it look? only 20quid a month, dont mind paying the 97 for the phone! Good deal i reckon! Does it have all the internet / maps jazz included? Will 500MB be enough to get the most out of the phone?

Thanks!
    I have the same plan! But I'm paying £25 a month and the handset cost £50. Now I'm thinking I should have waited an extra week to buy it lol. Its a great deal, I think you should go for it :yep:

It has Google maps included which works very well considering its free. 500MB should be more than enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    I have the same plan! But I'm paying £25 a month and the handset cost £50. Now I'm thinking I should have waited an extra week to buy it lol. Its a great deal, I think you should go for it :yep:

It has Google maps included which works very well considering its free. 500MB should be more than enough
    Did you get it off this website?

ReputationRep:
    Also... HTC Hero vs. HTC HD2? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Also... HTC Hero vs. HTC HD2? Thoughts?
    Hero has android and HD2 has windows right? Therefore: Hero >> HD2.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get it off this website?
    Nope, got it from Orange's website.

BTW, I think the HD2 is a great phone. But its going to be very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Damn im so confused... Get the Hero now? Or wait for a newer Android phone to come out?

ReputationRep:
    Damn im so confused... Get the Hero now? Or wait for a newer Android phone to come out?
    How much do you need a new phone right now? Also remember new things come out all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    How much do you need a new phone right now? Also remember new things come out all the time.
    Well its not so much needing, its wanting.. lol
    My contract with o2 ended a few months ago, and iv been on a rolling simplicity contract since then. Would finally like a new gadget to play with

ReputationRep:
    lmao :rofl:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/08/v...d-o/#continued

ReputationRep:
    Well, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 looks very nice, as does the Moto Droid...

However, I love my Hero, and the fact that is smaller than most new Android phones is a real benefit to me. I look at iPhones now and think they're huge.

It's a hard decision, but I'd go with the Hero now, and then by the time your contract runs out, you'll be able to get an Android phone running the Tegra chipset. when this happens, everything on the market will seem pointless. Tegra is that good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Well, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 looks very nice, as does the Moto Droid...

However, I love my Hero, and the fact that is smaller than most new Android phones is a real benefit to me. I look at iPhones now and think they're huge.

It's a hard decision, but I'd go with the Hero now, and then by the time your contract runs out, you'll be able to get an Android phone running the Tegra chipset. when this happens, everything on the market will seem pointless. Tegra is that good.
    Whens Tegra expected to be released?

ReputationRep:
    Whens Tegra expected to be released?
    There's nothing out there that makes me think soon. Hence why I went Hero until something came out. If I'd had even the smallest tid bit to suggest before xmas, I'd have waited.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.