What other dessert begins with "I"?
    Ice Cream on its own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edward_wells90)
    Ice Cream on its own.
    Quite.

ReputationRep:
    :sogood:

Good time to be an Android user. 18 month upgrade program, Google partnering up with OEMs to provide updates, Music Beta (granted its in the US only atm :shifty:), Honeycomb 3.1 ( ) and Ice Cream...

:sogood:

Btw all of these are on Engadget is anyone fancies reading them

ReputationRep:
    ^I haven't really read any coverage yet (mainly headlines) but from these things I can definitely say I'm excited. They're really stepping up and doing big things.

ReputationRep:
    I want a ****ing ice cream wrapped in a ****ing chocolate biscuit now!

ReputationRep:
    I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2. My first smart phone, my first android...its been quite a 15 hours. Full of surprises and I keep loving how well made/designed the phone is and apps and...yea...awesome. Just pure awesomeness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    I just got myself a Samsung Galaxy S2. My first smart phone, my first android...its been quite a 15 hours. Full of surprises and I keep loving how well made/designed the phone is and apps and...yea...awesome. Just pure awesomeness.
    Welcome

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'll be within 90 days til the end of my vodafone contract in a few days. The best deal I can find so far is on dial-a-phone with £30 a month and free phone. I don't want to go over £30 a month as my current contract is only £15/month, and I don't mind about amount of minutes but I really want some internet allowance with it. The dial-a-phone website just says ring them for upgrades, does anyone have any experience with ringing for upgrades? What do you have to go through and are you likely to get a much better deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    I want to get a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I'll be within 90 days til the end of my vodafone contract in a few days. The best deal I can find so far is on dial-a-phone with £30 a month and free phone. I don't want to go over £30 a month as my current contract is only £15/month, and I don't mind about amount of minutes but I really want some internet allowance with it. The dial-a-phone website just says ring them for upgrades, does anyone have any experience with ringing for upgrades? What do you have to go through and are you likely to get a much better deal?
    They'll probably want to know your details (name / address / number / network) and then they'll tell you what they'll offer. All depends on the network you're on and how much it costs to buy you out of contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    They'll probably want to know your details (name / address / number / network) and then they'll tell you what they'll offer. All depends on the network you're on and how much it costs to buy you out of contract.
    I'm on vodafone and with the upgrade checker on their website now it costs nothing to upgrade now.

ReputationRep:
    Did they actually preview Ice Cream or just say "it's coming"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Did they actually preview Ice Cream or just say "it's coming"?
    They just said it's coming

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...help/?sort=hot

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound on a Samsung Galaxy S2? I feel so gay taking pictures and it makes a very fake, "Ka-Chunk" sound.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are gay and need to learn to accept it, if a ka-chunk sound makes you feel gay. :dunno:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to turn off the camera shutter sound on a Samsung Galaxy S2? I feel so gay taking pictures and it makes a very fake, "Ka-Chunk" sound.
    A lot of digital cameras can't disable shutter sound due to laws stating that they must make a sound in order to avoid too many perv cams.

ReputationRep:
    Root it and use a tool like Root Explorer to delete /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg

ReputationRep:
    You may actually be hearing a physical sound that it makes as it opens the shutter, my hero certainly makes a noise when I fire up the camera app

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.