Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, are there any apps that I could use to send messages to people international?

ReputationRep:
    New version of Launcher Pro?

Blackdroid down? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Hey, are there any apps that I could use to send messages to people international?
    Try getting a google voice number... check it out and see if they do international text, I'm sure they do though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    If they have an android phone you could look at something like beluga or WhatsApp

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

ASUS have to have the worst recovery mode ever...when you boot into recovery mode you have 5 seconds to press up to go into recovery or it will go straight to the option of wiping your data, in that option menu press up to wipe data and press down to cancel. Now imagine you press up about 5 seconds too late. :rolleyes: Suffice to say I've done exactly that. God dammit maaaaan...

ReputationRep:
    Guys whats the cheapest way to make phone calls home from abroad (could be a pay-phone or whatever), and to call people with us on holiday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Guys whats the cheapest way to make phone calls home from abroad (could be a pay-phone or whatever), and to call people with us on holiday?
    Probably a payphone. You might also find it's cheaper to pay for access in an internet café and use a service like Skype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    International phone cards.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell did I get negged for that post lol

ReputationRep:
    Who got the White Nexus S?

Searched the online shops for it but no luck so far. :/

ReputationRep:
    Is there one...?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know why I still haven't got Gingerbread for my Nexus One? They rolled it out for N1s in February I heard...

I've tried updating from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 manually, but whenever I tell it to install the update.zip file, it just says
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Anyone know why I still haven't got Gingerbread for my Nexus One? They rolled it out for N1s in February I heard...

I've tried updating from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 manually, but whenever I tell it to install the update.zip file, it just says
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    How are you trying to install update.zip? Where are you getting update.zip from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    How are you trying to install update.zip? Where are you getting update.zip from?
    http://androidandme.com/2011/01/phon...android-2-2-2/

ReputationRep:
    Try downloading it again.

Have you considered rooting and installing custom ROMs? Would probably be really worth it now for the Nexus One. Get some Cyanogen Mod fun going there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone tried the WP7 Music app for Android? It's made by the same guy who developed Launcher Pro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Anyone tried the WP7 Music app for Android? It's made by the same guy who developed Launcher Pro.
    Linky?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Linky?
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/20/w...ives-from-the/

ReputationRep:
    It's fantastic :')

ReputationRep:
    ****! I think someone is at risk of some serious litigation but I will be downloading that on my next phone (doubt it would run on my hero)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.