Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_Gallimaufry)
    God i hate android OS so much especially on the HTC hero which doesnt even work half the time!!!
    Have you rooted and installed a custom ROM. Like I know it mine is still slow compared to the new ones and the SGSII just bats it out of the park but at least it is a damn sight quicker than the original sense

(Original post by G8D)
    You can't judge Android if you've only used a Hero extensively.
    True but nice for people to know where android has come from

ReputationRep:
    It's so hard to actually get Rosie stable after booting this ROM :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just flashed my first ROM. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_Gallimaufry)
    God i hate android OS so much especially on the HTC hero which doesnt even work half the time!!!
    Ah, but with the Hero there is so, so much that you can do to make it better. I loved my Hero so much! If you're happy to root and install custom ROMs, I'd have a look at the cronos project forums!

(Original post by itsmyname)
    I like the specs of the DHD, but its just not practical for me, I find it huge, just doesn't feel right for me. Whereas the Desire and Desire S specs aren't tempting at all
    Regarding speed and fluidity - the Desire S is almost exactly the same speed as the DHD for most tasks. It's a lovely phone!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    i have a htc desire hd, and we recieved a new update, gingerbread update, which allows the phone to run so much smootherr and lag free

ReputationRep:
    I want my hero back so I can root it! I have a Wildfire on Froyo and it can't be rooted. It's so slow and laggy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    I want my hero back so I can root it! I have a Wildfire on Froyo and it can't be rooted. It's so slow and laggy
    Why go from Hero to Wildfire in the first place? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Why go from Hero to Wildfire in the first place? :confused:
    The Hero wasn't mine, and the person wanted back in exchange for the Wildfire. Free phone I wasn't fussed at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrastripes)
    The Hero wasn't mine, and the person wanted back in exchange for the Wildfire. Free phone I wasn't fussed at the time.
    Cex will pretty much give you a trade - Wildfire for Hero looking at their prices. Yeah, it's technically a step backward, but the Hero is awesome!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hey guys, for research purposes, could you spare like 3mins to fill this out.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1653168

:ta: Will give rep if possible. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on the motorola defy ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by spikeymike)

Done. But choices were too specific - without some kind of monitoring tool I don't know anyone who would be able to say to the nearest hour how long they were on certain sites, so I just went for round numbers and ended up not really distinguishing much.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Done. But choices were too specific - without some kind of monitoring tool I don't know anyone who would be able to say to the nearest hour how long they were on certain sites, so I just went for round numbers and ended up not really distinguishing much.
    Don't worry about it, approx is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Back to CM7, thank ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Back to CM7, thank ****.
    Crikey... was it really that bad?

ReputationRep:

Done!

If the match doesn't add up on mine, it's because I counted "Games" to include me sitting playing CoD on the Xbox.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Done!

If the match doesn't add up on mine, it's because I counted "Games" to include me sitting playing CoD on the Xbox.
    Don't worry about it, I didn't make it, I'm only distributing. :ninja: :ta:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, I didn't make it, I'm only distributing. :ninja: :ta:
    Fair play!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Crikey... was it really that bad?
    I tried it twice on clean installs. First boot went great each time but on subsequent boots Sense would not load and would keep force closing.

So yeah, kinda was.

ReputationRep:
    My first android phone is currently dispatched and on the way to me as we speak...

HTC desire S.

I have had a look at the reccomended app list in the OP
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=3886
    (I did this as i know what it's like to have info in the OP then people come in and ask questions when the answers are blatantly there)

But what else do you reccomend to a newb to the "proper" smartphone market??
    I had a Nokia 5800 before so that tried to be a smartphone and didn't quite make it...

I hear there's a cool free F1 app with live timing and track position etc...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.