Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well if i get the hero i would have to get the 24 month one for the best deal..
    how "out-of-date" do you reckon the hero will be in two years' time?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Android is good enough on its own atm, you need something like Sense so right now I would go with the Hero (or X10 if you can wait).

BTW, I think its kind of cool (and geeky) that at uni I'm studying the processor which is in most phones (ARM) :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol wow the x10 looks nice.. and im a SE fan.. complicated decision this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    lol wow the x10 looks nice.. and im a SE fan.. complicated decision this!
    I'm a fan too and felt bad when I abandoned SE. But I knew that in classic SE style it would be released too late and would be very expensive (nothing wrong with it being expensive but I needed an affordable phone).

ReputationRep:
    k ive made up my mind.. HTC it is

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: What colours is the phone available in? Orange only seem to have it in Graphite. Id like to get the brown one - looks so much nicer.. Anyone know where i can see pictures of all the available colours? Is it true only the white one has the protective teflon cover?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: What colours is the phone available in? Orange only seem to have it in Graphite. Id like to get the brown one - looks so much nicer.. Anyone know where i can see pictures of all the available colours? Is it true only the white one has the protective teflon cover?
    Graphite=brown as the Hero gets, trust me.

I don't know about Teflon, but the back of my graphite one is pretty gooey soft feeling... If you catch my drift..

ReputationRep:
    yeah the white one os the only version which has teflon.. but with my orange brown hero i just use a protective skin!

ReputationRep:
    k ive made up my mind.. HTC it is
    Or you could wait for the Motorola Droid to arrive in the UK

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what themes are everyone using? I installed the Sense UI on my Magic but it was lagging massively and taking forever to load the homepage (often two minutes), so I've replaced the theme with one called "Little Chef" from the market which is very cute and runs quicker (plus I keep Sense's browser and other features). Now when I press Home I get a choice of whether to go to Little Chef homepage or to the Sense homepage. However, I'd like to be able to change the colour of the menu tab, and also the wallpaper won't change, on either the Sense or Little Chef homes. How can I get the wallpaper to override the theme? Also, is it worth installing a theme app like dxtop or aHome?

I'd like to have posted some screenshots to show you, but I've mislaid my phone cable :s

ReputationRep:
    Default Sense UI with a screenshot from Worms as my background!

ReputationRep:
    Default Sense UI and with a wallpaper of the lush green fields under a bright blue sky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Default Sense UI and with a wallpaper of the lush green fields under a bright blue sky
    ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    ?
    Nope but pretty similar to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Nope but pretty similar to that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Graphite=brown as the Hero gets, trust me.

I don't know about Teflon, but the back of my graphite one is pretty gooey soft feeling... If you catch my drift..
    No way man, the graphite and brown ones look nothing alike.. as far as the pics iv seen.. Do you have any links to photographs of the phones?

ReputationRep:
    No way man, the graphite and brown ones look nothing alike.. as far as the pics iv seen.. Do you have any links to photographs of the phones?
    Graphite:

Black (T-mobile exclusive?):

OR!?!?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PINK!?!:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    How the hell do I connect the hero to my laptop?
    With the cable..

ReputationRep:
    They look exactly the same. The graphite on the orange site makes it look silver, but it does look almost black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Graphite:

Black (T-mobile exclusive?):

OR!?!?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PINK!?!:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    They look exactly the same. The graphite on the orange site makes it look silver, but it does look almost black.

Cool, Thanks for clearing that up guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.