Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Is that based on the readout from 3G Watchdog, or something from your phone company? I get slightly worried by a few people reporting that the app's inaccurate. :erm:
    3G Watchdog, but the one month I got close (80%) I checked on Orange readout to make sure wasn't any closer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I use the app, never fails me.

Sometimes check the Orange readout when I'm close to the limit.

I'm usually in the 90%+range by the end of the month and have only gone over once (deliberately).
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    3G Watchdog, but the one month I got close (80%) I checked on Orange readout to make sure wasn't any closer.
    Thanks :yy: Now I need to see if O2 have a similar service...

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, haven't posted here for a long time, but I thought this was the best place for it. I have just been asked to help sell my mums iPod touch on the bay, so I was having a play about with it tonight. I've used peoples iPhones/iPods before but this is the first time I've had a long time to get to grips with the thing. I just wanted to see how it compared to my HTC Legend as it is basically the iPhone without the phone...

I must say, since using my Legend for a year and a half now, Jesus Christ is this iPod unintuitive! no hardwired buttons, no menu screen to access for any apps - just a single settings menu that you have to come out of the application you are on to get to.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe Apple customers are blinded by the style... But I was always under the impression that the iPhone OS was really simple and easy to use and was a key part of their success.

Using the iPod has just further confirmed to me how much better Android is.... I would never trade down.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how you know if topcashback has tracked? i wanna get the sII but using topcashback. do you have to wait until you complete the order and hope they credit your account?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    anyone know how you know if topcashback has tracked? i wanna get the sII but using topcashback. do you have to wait until you complete the order and hope they credit your account?
    The purchase won't track until you've fully gone through the order process, but then should show up on your account activity on TCB. After that, your TCB account should hopefully be credited reasonably shortly (could be a week or two) after payment's gone through.

ReputationRep:
    The purchase won't track until you've fully gone through the order process, but then should show up on your account activity on TCB. After that, your TCB account should hopefully be credited reasonably shortly (could be a week or two) after payment's gone through.
    Ok thanks, think i will order it tomorrow (cba right now) as prices seem to be creeping up for the GSII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Ok thanks, think i will order it tomorrow (cba right now) as prices seem to be creeping up for the GSII
    How much are you looking at getting it for?

ReputationRep:
    How much are you looking at getting it for?
    well on the carphone warehouse website it is £27 on o2 with a free phone and with £40 cashback that will be roughly an average on £25 a month. Thats for 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet

All the best deals seem to be with t-mobile (although no directly though them ) and i dont wanna have throttled internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    well on the carphone warehouse website it is £27 on o2 with a free phone and with £40 cashback that will be roughly an average on £25 a month. Thats for 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet

All the best deals seem to be with t-mobile (although no directly though them ) and i dont wanna have throttled internet
    Yeah, that looks pretty good to me (assuming you want 500MB data/month). If you have some up-front cash and don't need quite as many minutes, you could make a bit of a saving on one of the tariffs available from O2 directly? http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pa...ng/Galaxy_S_II

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that looks pretty good to me (assuming you want 500MB data/month). If you have some up-front cash and don't need quite as many minutes, you could make a bit of a saving on one of the tariffs available from O2 directly? http://shop.o2.co.uk/mobile_phone/pa...ng/Galaxy_S_II
    Yeah need the texts an internet. Is rather go through o2 but the carphone warehouse don't charge anything for the phone so its like £60 cheaper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :yy: Now I need to see if O2 have a similar service...
    If you find it let me know...

I got 3G watchdog down now...

Although there's only a finite amount of stuff i can use because my main number is still on my old phone...

Also, which is the good free F1 live timing/tracker app?
    Apparently there's a good free one and when i searched i found like 30+ for varying costs and didn't wanna DL crap..
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Also, which is the good free F1 live timing/tracker app?
    Apparently there's a good free one and when i searched i found like 30+ for varying costs and didn't wanna DL crap..
    I don't know if it was free but there was one recommended a few pages back in this thread - here. I haven't used it myself though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I don't know if it was free but there was one recommended a few pages back in this thread - here. I haven't used it myself though.
    Ty, i forgot which thread i'd asked in last week or if i'd asked my bro over msn or something... And when i was searching i was typing in F1 so not getting this as a result.

Tyvm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    If you find it let me know...

I got 3G watchdog down now...

Although there's only a finite amount of stuff i can use because my main number is still on my old phone...
    Login to My O2: https://www.o2.co.uk/login?dest=http...2services/home

There's a counter on there.

ReputationRep:
    Really keen on this, but that girl is useless.

ReputationRep:
    Ice Cream Sandwich is gonna be sick, you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulcificum)
    Ice Cream Sandwich is gonna be sick, you think?
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    hey guys, haven't posted here for a long time, but I thought this was the best place for it. I have just been asked to help sell my mums iPod touch on the bay, so I was having a play about with it tonight. I've used peoples iPhones/iPods before but this is the first time I've had a long time to get to grips with the thing. I just wanted to see how it compared to my HTC Legend as it is basically the iPhone without the phone...

I must say, since using my Legend for a year and a half now, Jesus Christ is this iPod unintuitive! no hardwired buttons, no menu screen to access for any apps - just a single settings menu that you have to come out of the application you are on to get to.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe Apple customers are blinded by the style... But I was always under the impression that the iPhone OS was really simple and easy to use and was a key part of their success.

Using the iPod has just further confirmed to me how much better Android is.... I would never trade down.
    This x infinity
    But seriously, my DHD broke, the touchscreen just went one night. So I took it to CPW and they had to send it off etc. In the meantime, I had to go back to an iPhone 3G. And dear me its about 10 steps backwards. For one, the widgets. Lovely widgets that display information without opening apps. How did I live before I had them. Then theres the complete lack of real multitasking. yes I know the 3G doesn't have it while the others do, buts its just a fail. On my DHD, I might play a game, press home, text someone, then just go to the app again and its where I left it. On the iPhone, I was playing stickman golf, then got a call, and when the call ended, I wasn't sent back to the app, I was at the home screen. And my 7 holes were lost forever, and I had to do them again. TBH, the only upside, which granted for me is a huge one over the android version, is iPod. Its just epic. No mobile media app compares imo.
    But yeah, all in all, iOS is actually really poo.

Also, sense 3 is

ReputationRep:
    Rather tempted by the HTC Desire deal on the T-Mobile website. Not entirely sure I want to sign up for a 24-month contract including a handset that's already well over a year old, though.

ReputationRep:
    I have an HTC Hero and can I just say, Android OS is brilliant! I dare say, it persists to surprise me in a good way every time I discover something! Out-of-the-box the phone has a MS Office and PDF viewer, web browser with integrated Adobe Flash player, and an awesome game called Teeter-seeing is believing with this game, I urge you give it a go if you are getting an(or borrowing your friend's Hero ) HTC Hero, see what HTC Sense is capable of!!! :P That's not to say that I dislike any other mobile operating system, but Android is awesome(I have used Windows Mobile and it is awesome too, still to give WM 7 a go!), and also Open Source(like the Linux range of operating systems, first developed in Finland as an alternative to UNIX)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.