Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Rather tempted by the HTC Desire deal on the T-Mobile website. Not entirely sure I want to sign up for a 24-month contract including a handset that's already well over a year old, though.
    Are you specifically after that number of minutes/texts? If not, you can get the phone on a contract costing quite a bit less per month elsewhere. I've just upgraded to a Desire S, which I can highly recommend.

Also, don't forget to use a cashback site like Quidco if you're buying online!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Are you specifically after that number of minutes/texts? If not, you can get the phone on a contract costing quite a bit less per month elsewhere. I've just upgraded to a Desire S, which I can highly recommend.

Also, don't forget to use a cashback site like Quidco if you're buying online!
    I tend to use my mobile quite heavily, so the included price plan is certainly rather attractive.

I'm also considering the HTC Desire HD deal on the aforementioned page, although it's unfortunately slightly more than I'd ideally like to pay per month. I may just wait a couple of hours and see what deals they have in store for June.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bordercollies10)
    I have an HTC Hero and can I just say, Android OS is brilliant!
    Sounds like you're quite new to Android, yes?

I can tell you one thing for sure - whatever you can do with your Hero now, is nothing compared to what you could do with your Hero. I loved my Hero when I had one, great little phone. Just upgraded to the Desire S and I'm hoping HTC retrospectively unlock the bootloader so I can have just as much fun with it!

ReputationRep:
    Just get a phone that can load custom ROMs and get rooted.

It's amazing how Android has eclipsed iOS in such a short amount of time...

ReputationRep:
    Just under 30 minutes in which to decide. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Beginning to regret not picking up the HTC Desire when I had the chance. The only thing that really put me off was the fact it was unlikely to receive any Android updates past 2.3.

ReputationRep:
    Why has that chance gone? Can't you just buy one or get a different, equally good handset?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulcificum)
    Why has that chance gone? Can't you just buy one or get a different, equally good handset?
    I could, but the deal available at the time was particularly good.

ReputationRep:
    How good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulcificum)
    How good?
    600 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £20 per month.

ReputationRep:
    600 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £20 per month.
    Thats a really good deal, thats what im on, but £30 quid. I got the phone on vodafone just after it came out.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't get the original Desire. Might as well go for the S. And updates mean nothing when you're rooted and booted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Don't get the original Desire. Might as well go for the S. And updates mean nothing when you're rooted and booted!
    Oxymoronic advice right there.

The Desire S has a locked bootloader. Unless HTC retrospectively unlock it, that is.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Oxymoronic advice right there.

The Desire S has a locked bootloader. Unless HTC retrospectively unlock it, that is.
    Oh yeah, I was hoping those guys at XDA managed to crack it. They had some progress on the Incred S, very unlucky for those guys.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I was hoping those guys at XDA managed to crack it. They had some progress on the Incred S, very unlucky for those guys.
    Maybe they will, though I reckon HTC doing it will happen first if at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering the Desire S at the moment. T-Mobile are currently offering it with 300 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £25 per month. Quite a shame they're not offering the same deal for the Desire HD.

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering the Desire S at the moment. T-Mobile are currently offering it with 300 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £25 per month. Quite a shame they're not offering the same deal for the Desire HD.
    I got my Desire S for £25 on T-Mob, 600 mins, a lot of texts, 500mb internet via Phones4U.

ReputationRep:
    I got my Desire S for £25 on T-Mob, 600 mins, a lot of texts, 500mb internet via Phones4U.
    I'm quite tempted by the Desire S. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the aesthetics, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite tempted by the Desire S. I can't say that I'm particularly fond of the aesthetics, though.
    :dontknow: Each to their own I guess. I think it's really nice. It feels wonderful to hold too. Also, it makes the Desire look ugly as sin! Still, nowhere near the prettiness of the iP4.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: Each to their own I guess. I think it's really nice.
    :ditto:

I wasn't too sure from the images that I saw before getting mine, but love it now!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.