Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right. I think I'll be ordering myself a Desire S on Monday, then!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my.

Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of Mobile Phones Direct reviews I've read are rather scathing and I'm not particularly prepared to pay the £36 per month Vodafone would charge directly. That said, they also offer an equally tempting Samsung Galaxy SII deal.

ReputationRep:
    I want a Galaxy SII so bad

I was gonna settle with the SI, but the SII looks so damn sexy! I hope 3 offer me a decent deal it on come october when I'm due an upgrade

ReputationRep:
    Change of plan. I'll be ordering the HTC Sensation on Monday as opposed to the Desire S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Change of plan. I'll be ordering the HTC Sensation on Monday as opposed to the Desire S
    i just got it yesterday, quality phone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i just got it yesterday, quality phone!
    May I ask where you purchased it? I'm most probably going to go with MobilePhonesDirect's £25.53 per month T-Mobile offering.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask where you purchased it? I'm most probably going to go with MobilePhonesDirect's £25.53 per month T-Mobile offering.
    brand new off of ebay, and then got the three sim from HUKD - 300 mins 3000 texts 1gb of data with £56 cashback on topcashback making my contract worth £5 a month for 12 months :awesome: just needed £420 for the handset that was my only gripe.

ReputationRep:
    Just need to find a nice case for the phone now :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Just need to find a nice case for the phone now :ahee:
    The one I use for my DHD is the one from my HD2. But I saw it in phones4u a few weeks ago. About 15 quid. And its a nice slip case. Slim and light, but provides the necessary protection, while allowing access to the top or bottom depending how you put it in. And I think its for the sensation too. Not 100% though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    I want a Galaxy SII so bad

I was gonna settle with the SI, but the SII looks so damn sexy! I hope 3 offer me a decent deal it on come october when I'm due an upgrade
    Had one for a few weeks. Amazing phone; 1.2 Ghz duel-core chip set makes everything instant. Also the default file system is .ext4 so media is lightning fast.

Not much of a dev community yet over at XDA but GingerVillain has been ported and their is quite a high bid for CM7. At least there is no locked boot loader as on the Sensation...

ReputationRep:
    Will the Sensations bootloader get unlocked now that HTC changed their stance, or is the change just for future phones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben25)
    Will the Sensations bootloader get unlocked now that HTC changed their stance, or is the change just for future phones?
    So far they have said it is only for future phones but we're hoping that it gets unlocked retrospectively

ReputationRep:
    Just ordered a HTC Sensation. Have to wait up to 12 days for delivery, though

ReputationRep:
    Does sensation have root? DHD had root long before unlocked bootloader.

Also, anyone know a good app for football/cricket scores? SKY have them on iPhone, but nothing on Android.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Does sensation have root? DHD had root long before unlocked bootloader.

Also, anyone know a good app for football/cricket scores? SKY have them on iPhone, but nothing on Android.
    I duno about cricket scores but for football i use soccer livescores. Good app so it is!!

ReputationRep:
    Wonder if someone could help me? I'm having master reset my HTC Legend every couple of weeks because lag and slowness. Can anyone give me any tips on how to reduce the amount of times I have to reset it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmor1)
    I think it looks pretty sucky IMO, I don't like the mascot, think I'll stick to Symbian
    Symbian gonna die. Nokia 9=(Symbian's develover) is planning a fusion between Symbian and Windows Mobile. Wmo sucks. Symbian is dead already. Ovi store is nothing compared to Android market.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah thought that was pretty cool. Samsung and Sony get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Yeah thought that was pretty cool. Samsung and Sony get it!
    SE do, no so sure about Sony as a whole

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.