Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Some prefer the look of SenseUI over TouchWiz. But to be honest the new SenseUI 3.0 looks bloody amazing and I can't wait for it to come out! It's going to be such a huge upgrade over the original Sense on the HTC Hero.
    Either one just gets LauncherPro (or equivalent) immediately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm 3 months til I can upgrade. But I won't be.

Happy with the HD2 atm so will wait for the next wave before buying a new phone.
    It's actually a decent phone and was the first with Snapdragon if I can recalled correctly.

Have you rooted it and installed Android or are you still on Winmo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Either one just gets LauncherPro (or equivalent) immediately.
    Launchpro over SenseUI? Been there done that and it wasn't that great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    It's actually a decent phone and was the first with Snapdragon if I can recalled correctly.

Have you rooted it and installed Android or are you still on Winmo?
    I was Winmo for around 30 minutes

It is the first with the Snapdragon but it's also not as good as the more recent single core Snapdragons.
    It does for now, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Obviously, but anyone vaguely informed wouldn't even look at the Sensation.

Never mind.
    I don't see why you think it's so clear cut.

Both phones are good.

So you can mentally prepare?

Another thing I don't understand about Android is people's need to know the weather 24 hours a day. There has absolutely never been a situation in my life where having the current weather displayed to me is neccessary. I have windows for that kind of thing.
    I have a weather widget that updates every 4 hours, makes it easier to know how cold it is outside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I was Winmo for around 30 minutes

It is the first with the Snapdragon but it's also not as good as the more recent single core Snapdragons.
    It does for now, though.
    Oh man I miss my HD2.
    It died the day andorid was out for nand

At the time, it was hspl'd and running a custom rom ect, with andorid on the SD card (which I used exclusively)
    Then one day all of a sudden, after a restard the Radio was corrupt
    Couldn't change the radio, couldn't get it fixed because it was essentially 'hacked' (as tmob put it).

So I decided to wack it into the microwave so it wouldnt turn on at all, so there was no indication of the custom rom ect.

Long story short, they sent it back again with photos of the burnt internals

ReputationRep:
    U
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Oh man I miss my HD2.

At the time, it was hspl'd and running a custom rom ect, with andorid on the SD card (which I used exclusively)
    Couldn't change the radio, couldn't get it fixed because it was essentially 'hacked' (as tmob put it).

So I decided to wack it into the microwave so it wouldnt turn on at all, so there was no indication of the custom rom ect.

You legend!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    Oh man I miss my HD2.

Story of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummers)
    When they release an Linux based OS for the iPhone, i shall be pimping it.

IOS is based on linux but higly modified and controlled by apple...

ReputationRep:
    Just received an email telling me that I now have to wait until the 21st for my Sensation :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I've finally passed level 98 on bubble buster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I've finally passed level 98 on bubble buster
    Congratulations.

I can see myself playing far too much Teeter once I receive my HTC Sensation. I became borderline addicted to it on my friend's Desire HD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrcontroversy)
    IOS is based on linux but higly modified and controlled by apple...
    Along time since I posted that and since then I've had about 3 or 4 people tell me that :rolleyes: I feel like such a n00b.

ReputationRep:
    SenseUI is ass.

ReputationRep:
    <3 Sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    <3 Sense.
    This. It just works now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just waiting for Gingerbread for my Desire Z. HTC have said June, which gives them 16 days. Don't know why I'm particularly eager, as I'm going straight back to ADW launcher unless it's perfect.

ReputationRep:
    Sense on Flyer ROMs is epic. Has a far more minimalistic bottom bar that looks far better and actually works in landscape. SMS app is epic in landscape too.

ReputationRep:
    Desire won't be getting Gingerbread.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Desire won't be getting Gingerbread.
    Desire Z should be though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.