The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Boom! Custom ROM time! Happy days. :sexface:
Original post by G8D
Awwwwwwww yeah.

Your av is so appropriate for this post.
Reply 6344
Original post by wizard710
Why's it got buttons?

Just one of the many reasons that this render looks entirely fake.
I suppose. There was another leaked design from HTC floating around that didn't have buttons but had sort of the same specs I think
Nexus Prime has just launched and not even a mention on here! Pick up the pace guys :P

Here's a vid to make you drool

Who's getting one?
Original post by biffyclyro27
Nexus Prime has just launched and not even a mention on here! Pick up the pace guys :P

Here's a vid to make you drool

Who's getting one?

We were talking about it ages ago... We're now talking about a potential Quad Core 2.5Ghz CPU phone... I put it to you to pick up the pace! :tongue:

I shaln't be getting one though. I'm in a contract ya see. I will however being installing an ICS ROM for my Desire S whenever Cyanogen Mod 9 / another ROM comes out for it. :yep:
Original post by mikeyd85
We were talking about it ages ago... We're now talking about a potential Quad Core 2.5Ghz CPU phone... I put it to you to pick up the pace! :tongue:

I shaln't be getting one though. I'm in a contract ya see. I will however being installing an ICS ROM for my Desire S whenever Cyanogen Mod 9 / another ROM comes out for it. :yep:

I know we've been talking about it ages ago, but now it's out and I can get my grubby paws on it! 2.5ghz can wait until it's out!

but it does sound awesome.... that's faster than my laptop
Original post by G8D
I reckon I'll stick with my HD2, get the TP (if it works on uni WiFI :angry:/a 3G model comes out) then not get a phone until something more powerful than the TP is out in phone form...

fair enough, I'm still rocking the hero after signing up to a 24 month contract, so the prime will be a welcome change.

I remember when my Hero seemed so fast, smooth and big. Now it seems like a tiny phone to me and pretty slow too.
Original post by G8D
I'm on a 4.3" screen atm. When I go back to Hero/iPhone sizes I struggle too accept them as worthy. Even 3.7" screens are a bit rubbish for me :tongue:

I'm a 3.7 advocate. 4.3 is too big for me.
Reply 6351
I know we've been talking about it ages ago, but now it's out and I can get my grubby paws on it! 2.5ghz can wait until it's out!

but it does sound awesome.... that's faster than my laptop

I wish. I spent my lunch trying to get my hands on it, but it's an elusive beast.
Original post by G8D
...if it works on uni WiFI :angry:...

Is this eduroam?

I'm in two minds about rooting atm. On the one hand it would be nice to have ICS as soon as possible and the only way that will happen would be for CM9 or another ROM but on the other hand there was that much stuff that didn't work on my hero when I flashed it to Froyo and then GB. (Like market updating) I'm happy to wait for the official update for the sake of everything working perfectly.

Original post by G8D
I reckon I'll stick with my HD2, get the TP (if it works on uni WiFI :angry:/a 3G model comes out) then not get a phone until something more powerful than the TP is out in phone form...

TP is very nice but the time that it comes out means that I'm tempted to wait for CES/MWC and see what others can do with the hardware. Keyboard dock interests me but not enough to keep me if other tablets are cheaper.

fair enough, I'm still rocking the hero after signing up to a 24 month contract, so the prime will be a welcome change.

I remember when my Hero seemed so fast, smooth and big. Now it seems like a tiny phone to me and pretty slow too.

I saw someone on the tram the other day with a hero and he was still on 2.1 :redface:

Original post by G8D
I'm on a 4.3" screen atm. When I go back to Hero/iPhone sizes I struggle too accept them as worthy. Even 3.7" screens are a bit rubbish for me :tongue:

Same, my Dad's legend is just too small

Original post by Repressor
Is this eduroam?

Original post by G8D
Flexaccess. Cisco VPN then a proxy script link.

It's a shame it's not cost that's where I'm replying from :smile:
It's a shame it's not cost that's where I'm replying from :smile:

Eduroam at 6am? Madman :P

Yeah, sometimes on CM7 Eduroam will stop working if you unlock your phone under an odd set of circumstances. Which can be solved by retyping in your Eduroam password and resetting the security type. Just incase anyone passing by wanted to know....Took me a few hours of fiddling to work out :frown:.
I have ice cream sandwich

Sony finally listen to their customers :smile:
I'm in two minds about rooting atm. On the one hand it would be nice to have ICS as soon as possible and the only way that will happen would be for CM9 or another ROM but on the other hand there was that much stuff that didn't work on my hero when I flashed it to Froyo and then GB. (Like market updating) I'm happy to wait for the official update for the sake of everything working perfectly.

Really? I had no problem with CronosFroyo and CronosGingerbread at all! :biggrin:
Original post by Repressor
Eduroam at 6am? Madman :P

Yeah, sometimes on CM7 Eduroam will stop working if you unlock your phone under an odd set of circumstances. Which can be solved by retyping in your Eduroam password and resetting the security type. Just incase anyone passing by wanted to know....Took me a few hours of fiddling to work out :frown:.

I had to put my mate on a train at half 5 this morning after RHCPs gig and so I was sat in a 24hr charity lecture marathon but got bored :smile:

Really? I had no problem with CronosFroyo and CronosGingerbread at all! :biggrin:

Actually thinking about it, the only thing that didn't really work was updating apps. Of 10 apps to update at a time 3 would fail to update. I'm not sure whether that was something to do with the market links from Titanium
went to see the Prime in Phones4U today, it's HUUUUGGGEEEE. Having second thoughts, I want to go bigger, but that seems a tad excessive.
Reply 6359
I also tried out a Prime in Phones4U, but the size seems fine for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending