Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    Uh huh. I can't wait to see what Ice Cream has to offer when that's released. Now that mobile is becoming more and more important as time goes on, I'm sure they're putting more effort into it than before.

Right now it's really hard to resist upgrading to something out on the market now; I use my Nexus 1 so much that it just gets "old". Same with my MacBook lol
    If you think your N1 is old you should try using a hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Haha I'll take a pass; my friend actually has one and when we're riding around and he asks me to call or text someone I obviously struggle to get the message out/phone dialed. My first Android phone was a Captivate which I ROM'd and OC'd followed by an Atrix that I took back a week later. I'm a little spoiled lol.

I'm content with the phone itself; I think a 1ghz phone with a good bit of RAM is great for what is asked of it today. However I would love a larger screen; I know better will be out by the holidays but I'm sure the Galaxy S 2 will suit all of my needs for years to come.

Until I get bored 3 months after I get it lol.

ReputationRep:
    These posts about the next Nexus are making my phone feel as if it's got a 3" penis :/

(Original post by wizard710)
    My Hero is a fine phone :proud:

with no Flash

ReputationRep:
    Got a Galaxy S2 coming tomorrow. Any tips on what I should do with it first? I can't spend too much time on it because it's during exam period and have been told that there will be severe consequences if arrival of phone leads to drop in exam performance.

ReputationRep:
    Another day, another delay. Apparently they 'have been advised there is a delay with the new devices at customs'. This is getting ridiculous, quite frankly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Another day, another delay. Apparently they 'have been advised there is a delay with the new devices at customs'. This is getting ridiculous, quite frankly.
    How many delays has that been?

Screw it, just get an SGS II.

P.s. Anyone know if there's any probable long term effects of running my phone at 400MHz above stock?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)

P.s. Anyone know if there's any probable long term effects of running my phone at 400MHz above stock?
    Depends on the CPU, I'm running at 1.6ghz and have been for the past few months. Usually these CPU's can run at upwards of even 700mhz above stock but they clock them much lower for battery and efficiency reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Depends on the CPU, I'm running at 1.6ghz and have been for the past few months. Usually these CPU's can run at upwards of even 700mhz above stock but they clock them much lower for battery and efficiency reasons.
    That's reassuring. Mine was 800MHz standard and now at 1.2GHz, with a very slight bump in voltage to keep it stable. I had it at 1.1 with stock voltage but decided I wanted it a little faster :p: What phone are you using out of curiosity?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's reassuring. Mine was 800MHz standard and now at 1.2GHz, with a very slight bump in voltage to keep it stable. I had it at 1.1 with stock voltage but decided I wanted it a little faster :p: What phone are you using out of curiosity?
    Desire HD @ 1.6ghz. You have the HTC Magic if I remember correctly

ReputationRep:

Today was the fourth delay excluding the 12-day waiting time originally advertised.

The devices were conveniently released from customs moments after I sent them a strongly-worded email and I should now receive my handset on Friday. If I don't, I shall be cancelling my order and procuring a Sensation elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Desire HD @ 1.6ghz. You have the HTC Magic if I remember correctly
    Motorola Defy. Locked bootloader not so good, but 2nd init seems to have come along nicely. Now waiting for a stable release of CM7.

(Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Today was the fourth delay excluding the 12-day waiting time originally advertised.

The devices were conveniently released from customs moments after I sent them a strongly-worded email and I should now receive my handset on Friday. If I don't, I shall be cancelling my order and procuring a Sensation elsewhere.
    :rofl: Just scream at them some more maybe you'll get it sooner (and with a discount) :p:

ReputationRep:
    Missed delivery today so S2 coming tomorrow. I'm itching to try out Android properly

ReputationRep:
    can you synch to picassa from an android device?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    can you synch to picassa from an android device?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    Missed delivery today so S2 coming tomorrow. I'm itching to try out Android properly
    Jealous, I want that phone Got my trusty sony ericsson cedar at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    Yep.
    How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Jealous, I want that phone Got my trusty sony ericsson cedar at the moment
    I'm just hoping I don't experience the faults people complain about like line on the screen or something.

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal for apps like gallery, 360 shop, maps, email etc to just start running again straight after being stopped by advanced task killer? I can't seem to shut them off completely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    Is it normal for apps like gallery, 360 shop, maps, email etc to just start running again straight after being stopped by advanced task killer? I can't seem to shut them off completely
    Yes it is. There's also no advantage to use any sort of task killer. It's more likely to use more battery life than what it would save.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.