Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    Is it normal for apps like gallery, 360 shop, maps, email etc to just start running again straight after being stopped by advanced task killer? I can't seem to shut them off completely
    Don't use task killers in Android. If Android thinks it should be running then it will keep starting it up no matter how many times you close it, only difference now is instead of it being idle by closing it again and again your CPU will be used everytime it opens an app.

ReputationRep:
    Desire S will have bootloader unlocking software sooooon!

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Desire S will have bootloader unlocking software sooooon!
    :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I should finally be receiving my HTC Sensation tomorrow following a plethora of delays. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Well, I should finally be receiving my HTC Sensation tomorrow following a plethora of delays. Can't wait!
    you wont be dissapointed

Spoiler:
    Show
    apart from the massively irregular battery life but :shh: don't tell anyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Yes it is. There's also no advantage to use any sort of task killer. It's more likely to use more battery life than what it would save.
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Don't use task killers in Android. If Android thinks it should be running then it will keep starting it up no matter how many times you close it, only difference now is instead of it being idle by closing it again and again your CPU will be used everytime it opens an app.
    Ah ok thanks. I've tried 3 different task killers . If I don't activate the data network mode through the power button does that mean it definitely won't be using my data allowance?

ReputationRep:
    My phone was still playing up a bit so I had did a complete reset.

Feels like I've got a new phone, and I can finally enjoy gingerbread 2.3

So much smoother, battery lasts ages now!

Even though my contract expires next month, think I'm going to keep my Samsung Galaxy S for another year.

ReputationRep:
    But now I need apps again :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    anyone known how to synch with picassa

and anyone know a good battery manager - my battery life is erratic at the best of times

ReputationRep:
    Also, it's perhaps a bit of a 'noobish' question, but this will be my first Android device.

Will I be able to use Android Market/Google apps and the like with a Google account that uses my own email address, or will I need to sign up for a Gmail + Google account to do so? I'm sure it used to be the latter?

(Original post by jermaindefoe)
    anyone known how to synch with picassa

and anyone know a good battery manager - my battery life is erratic at the best of times
    I don't use Picasa but you could try one of these: https://market.android.com/search?q=picasa&so=1&c=apps

Also: JuiceDefender.

ReputationRep:
    Also, it's perhaps a bit of a 'noobish' question, but this will be my first Android device.

Will I be able to use Android Market/Google apps and the like with a Google account that uses my own email address, or will I need to sign up for a Gmail + Google account to do so? I'm sure it used to be the latter?
    I think it should work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I think it should work
    Which should?

Which should?
    Well you should know for a fact that the latter will work so it seems fairly obvious that wizard is referring to the former.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I've got a HTC Hero (with the chin on it). I've still got OS 1.5, is it possible to update it?

(Original post by MrLuketastic)
    Hey guys I've got a HTC Hero (with the chin on it). I've still got OS 1.5, is it possible to update it?
    YES.

Oh my. 2.1 has been out for something like a year!
    http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloa...cat=allhttp://

You could always root it and install 2.3 though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    YES.

Oh my. 2.1 has been out for something like a year!
    http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloa...cat=allhttp://

You could always root it and install 2.3 though..
    Got "403 forbidden"...

And how do I update it? I'm a bit of a noob with Android

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    you wont be dissapointed

Spoiler:
    Show
    apart from the massively irregular battery life but :shh: don't tell anyone else!
    They take a while to calibrate the battery. Both mine and my dads DHD took a week or 2 to start getting accurate battery.

(Original post by MrLuketastic)
    Got "403 forbidden"...

And how do I update it? I'm a bit of a noob with Android
    Fixed the link: http://www.htc.com/uk/supportdownloa...act=sd&cat=all

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to update my HTC desire. However I have managed to brick it. (wouldn't start up) Anyone have any idea how to do a recovery?

I have just gotten a Galaxy S II though so I am not that bothered but it'd be nice to get my desire working again...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.