Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLuketastic)
    Hey guys I've got a HTC Hero (with the chin on it). I've still got OS 1.5, is it possible to update it?
    I could not imagine still having 1.5 on my hero :-o
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by yutinai_ti)
    I have been trying to update my HTC desire. However I have managed to brick it. (wouldn't start up) Anyone have any idea how to do a recovery?

I have just gotten a Galaxy S II though so I am not that bothered but it'd be nice to get my desire working again...
    If it can't even turn on then it's bricked, nothing you can do. Send it to HTC and say it won't turn on. They're the only ones that can unbrick it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    If it can't even turn on then it's bricked, nothing you can do. Send it to HTC and say it won't turn on. They're the only ones that can unbrick it.
    I can get into to bootloader if that make sense. However, from there i can't boot into the OS.

I can get into to bootloader if that make sense. However, from there i can't boot into the OS.
    Do you have a custom recovery installed?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Are you using Clockworkmod?

ReputationRep:
    Are you using Clockworkmod?
    I believe so, I think ive seen that word some where...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I believe so, I think ive seen that word some where...
    Okay are you even running a custom rom? Have you even rooted your phone?

ReputationRep:
    Okay are you even running a custom rom? Have you even rooted your phone?
    The phone is rooted, im not running a custom rom. I think all i need is a zip file for the OS so that I can recover it. However I have no idea where I can get that.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The phone is rooted, im not running a custom rom. I think all i need is a zip file for the OS so that I can recover it. However I have no idea where I can get that.
    Head over to XDA developers and make a thread about this. You'll need provide as much info as possible, right now I have no idea what you've done to your phone. But rest assured the fact you can get into the bootloader means that you can recover from whatever you did.

ReputationRep:
    Head over to XDA developers and make a thread about this. You'll need provide as much info as possible, right now I have no idea what you've done to your phone. But rest assured the fact you can get into the bootloader means that you can recover from whatever you did.
    Cheers for the suggestions. Just a question though, what is Clockworkmod...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Cheers for the suggestions. Just a question though, what is Clockworkmod...
    It's a custom recovery that is widely used in the custom rom community. With it I can flash a variety of things including roms, but most importantly I can do a NAND backup which allows me to make an image of my phone and then if I mess up, which I have done a lot in the past , recover my phone to its previous state.

People should not root with this little knowledge :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I guess you are right...

Just managed to get my Desire working now though after going through my memory card looking for an update file. Renamed it to update.zip, installed that using the recovery option and now it up and running again. Thanks for all the help...

Now I have got a Desire and a Galaxy s2... Should have tried harder to fix it before going out to get a new phone. Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    What is the phone with the random recovery method using a snipped off usb cable and a paperclip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Which is why locked but unlockable bootloaders should be a standard. If the manufacturers provided a tool to unlock with a warning of the consequences of this action, it would surely stop people who aren't sure to do the proper research first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    What is the phone with the random recovery method using a snipped off usb cable and a paperclip?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=892026

?

ReputationRep:
    Finally received my HTC Sensation following a plethora of delays! Shall be unpacking it momentarily.

ReputationRep:
    Question guys. With the Atrix now getting an unlocked bootloader along with the sensation:-

Atrix, Sensation or Galaxy S 2?

(Original post by wizard710)
    Question guys. With the Atrix now getting an unlocked bootloader along with the sensation:-

Atrix, Sensation or Galaxy S 2?
    Purely for Sense and aesthetics I'd go Sensation.

Though if I were opting for a Vanilla-fiable device I'd opt for GS2.

ReputationRep:
    Ach. So after powering up my Sensation, I've noticed a few small flecks of dust/debris somehow trapped under the screen. Only really noticeable on a light background, but incredibly annoying nonetheless.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.