Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, going away on epic holiday and my mate with an iPhone has this case that's also an extra battery basically and i was wodnering if they do one for the HTC Desire S?

I've googled it and can't find anything but would still like a reasonable case/cover before i go anyway...

Budget:Reasonable
    Needs: Protect the pohone a bit as going to ASia for 2 months with the thing and don't want it to get trashed...

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think you could manually replace the battery on the iPhone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    Ok, going away on epic holiday and my mate with an iPhone has this case that's also an extra battery basically and i was wodnering if they do one for the HTC Desire S?

I've googled it and can't find anything but would still like a reasonable case/cover before i go anyway...

Budget:Reasonable
    Needs: Protect the pohone a bit as going to ASia for 2 months with the thing and don't want it to get trashed...
    You should check out http://power-skin.com. If they dont do them couldnt you just buy another battery before you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Didn't think you could manually replace the battery on the iPhone...
    It's a case with an extra battery in...

(Original post by johnnn)
    You should check out http://power-skin.com. If they dont do them couldnt you just buy another battery before you go?
    It has the Desire HD but i'm guessing as it doesn't say Desire S then the Desire HD is different in size...

Any other similiar companies anyone knows of that may do one for my phone?
    This is a lot easier than having two batteries as when i want to charge this would charge both at the same time without having to swap stuff over etc...

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't the Galaxy S2 have 16GB internal memory? Why is it when I check it it says device memory 1.73GB?

ReputationRep:
    I just opted for the HTC Sensation over the Galaxy. Why? More robust, still root with HTC sense (which I still love - call me bland lol), nicer weight and better aesthetically. Also the fact that I've had a Magic, Hero, Legend, Desire - so I felt I was compelled to keep with HTC. I'm a fan.

Now to really rub it in my office workforce who have iPhone 4's in abundance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    Shouldn't the Galaxy S2 have 16GB internal memory? Why is it when I check it it says device memory 1.73GB?
    That's for apps, there should be a bit below saying something like 14GB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcp2)
    That's for apps, there should be a bit below saying something like 14GB
    Ok it says USB storage 10.72GB. Which one is normally used? I thought the apps are stored on the internal memory as normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onaslipperyslope)
    Ok it says USB storage 10.72GB. Which one is normally used? I thought the apps are stored on the internal memory as normal?
    System storage is the one for apps, USB storage is your internal memory for videos or whatever and SD card is the card you slot in

ReputationRep:
    I have ended up with an S2 and a sensation by accident, shame I have to wait a couple of weeks before I can play with them properly.
    I really want to download a data monitor app to see how much of the 500mb allowance I'm using, which one is the best to use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I have ended up with an S2 and a sensation by accident, shame I have to wait a couple of weeks before I can play with them properly.
    I really want to download a data monitor app to see how much of the 500mb allowance I'm using, which one is the best to use?
    3G Watchdog.

It's free and agrees with what O2 say i used...

ReputationRep:
    Struggling to decide between the Xperia Arc and the SGS2, obviously the SGS2 is generally the superior phone but i'm really impressed with the Arcs camera, one of the main features i'm looking for. It's also a fair bit cheaper. Decisions :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I'll take one off your hands for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at getting a sim free android phone, currently either the HTC Desire, or Desire HD.
    Just wondering, would people say that the improvements of the HD are worth paying an extra £80 for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
    I'm looking at getting a sim free android phone, currently either the HTC Desire, or Desire HD.
    Just wondering, would people say that the improvements of the HD are worth paying an extra £80 for?
    Yes. HD will likely get Sense 3.0 whereas Desire will not.

ReputationRep:
    Just my luck, my replacement handset arrived and is not only an older handset, but has the exact same problem as the one I had replaced. The dust/debris is also in the same location as the previous handset, in the bottom right-hand quarter of the display.

Update: Also turns out it was a Vodafone branded handset (my contract is with T-Mobile), so that's yet another return. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trimeresurus)
    Just my luck, my replacement handset arrived and is not only an older handset, but has the exact same problem as the one I had replaced. The dust/debris is also in the same location as the previous handset, in the bottom right-hand quarter of the display.

Update: Also turns out it was a Vodafone branded handset (my contract is with T-Mobile), so that's yet another return. This is getting absolutely ridiculous.
    Well that's quite unfortunate. The next time you talk to someone, I'd sound very upset and request either a new phone or reimbursement or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Question guys. With the Atrix now getting an unlocked bootloader along with the sensation:-

Atrix, Sensation or Galaxy S 2?
    Galaxy S 2. The others are tied down with bloated software (Sense 3 is very heavy and overdone/MotoBlur is the same way). Of course, they're going to be unlocked (soon?) so you could install a custom Rom. The GS2 has a better front facing camera and better received by the people writing ROMs and kernels.

ReputationRep:
    Any alternatives to Applanet?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet. Problem with applanet was that it got too popular and hence was closed down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.