Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Hey guys! what up I just got HTC Desire S last week my 1st ever android phone and I got to say I like every bit of android that offer something different then iphone.
    First thoughts on the phone?

ReputationRep:
    Want.

ReputationRep:
    That is just going to fragment the OS more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulcificum)
    That is just going to fragment the OS more.
    I really don't see how. We'll be seeing 1080p honeycomb tablets soon enough. Google TVs will run a variant of Ice-cream similar to the tablet version and we will have the mobile OS as well.

Simple, isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    From the video, the UI is completely unsuitable for large displays, even at 1080p. Imagine trying to type on that...

ReputationRep:
    From the video, the UI is completely unsuitable for large displays, even at 1080p. Imagine trying to type on that...
    I purely like the multitouch screen of that size. This was a tech demo, not a product.
    No 32" screen should run Gingerbread/Froyo.

ReputationRep:
    If it shouldn't run gingerbread or 3.x versions, won't that lead to fragmentation?

ReputationRep:
    Guys - i have a HTC Mni HD (not android ) and have looked everywhere for the desktop software but am having no such luck… if anyone can post a link on here where I can download it that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    If it shouldn't run gingerbread or 3.x versions, won't that lead to fragmentation?
    I didn't say it shouldn't run Honeycomb.
    Just chances are that Icecream (the Android defrager) will be out long before we see commercial iterations of these screens.

Such a large screen shouldn't run the phone variant of the OS, that's just sense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    I didn't say it shouldn't run Honeycomb.
    Just chances are that Icecream (the Android defrager) will be out long before we see commercial iterations of these screens.

Such a large screen shouldn't run the phone variant of the OS, that's just sense.
    Quietly Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    First thoughts on the phone?
    Love it. If you want to know anything, just quote me in here.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think the tablet version could cover 9" screen and 30+" screens?

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think the tablet version could cover 9" screen and 30+" screens?
    It would need a different UI, of course.
    But apps would need very minimal differences if we assume the same resolution.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the samsung galaxy S2? If so would do you make of the OS?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Love it. If you want to know anything, just quote me in here.
    im prertty excited and cannot wait for it to arrive ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    im prertty excited and cannot wait for it to arrive ;p
    Even better news for you is that AlpharevX Beta 2 supports the Desire S.

I now have root! WOOP WOOP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Anyone got the samsung galaxy S2? If so would do you make of the OS?
    Android? or TouchWiz2.0?

I like Android 2.3.3 which I got on my phone. Still waiting for 2.3.4 to get from O2.
    I like it, not as difficult as people like to say.

TOuchWiz2.0. I like it, it's hard to hate it. But it's real solid and I'm very happy.

My basic advice, Blackberries or iPhones for women and really fashiony people. Android for men (Who enjoy messing about and learning about their phones). I spent days just messing about with my phone, settings, the way it worked, make sure its the way I LIKE IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalced)
    Android? or TouchWiz2.0?

I like Android 2.3.3 which I got on my phone. Still waiting for 2.3.4 to get from O2.
    I like it, not as difficult as people like to say.

TOuchWiz2.0. I like it, it's hard to hate it. But it's real solid and I'm very happy.

My basic advice, Blackberries or iPhones for women and really fashiony people. Android for men (Who enjoy messing about and learning about their phones). I spent days just messing about with my phone, settings, the way it worked, make sure its the way I LIKE IT.
    Great to hear since I'm hoping to get the S2 this week

Thanks a lot

Blackberries are for teenagers who simply get them for bbm and constantly need to chat to their mates even if their asleep. The phone itself isn't that good but is great for email of course.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't see blackberry as bad phone I used had one then now I got HTC desire s, but remember every phone had each different compare other it just matter of choice you make.

ReputationRep:
    I may have cooked my HD2.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.