Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a Wildfire and by the looks of this thread I'm really not using it to it's full potential. What's a "ROM" and what is "rooting"? I'm completely new to this.

ReputationRep:
    I'd honestly say that the only app that really shows it's using GPU acceleration is SPB Shell. It's so much smoother than most other apps. LP apparently has it... but you look at it's app draw and that's not perfect by any means.

If the Market does - it isn't supported on Desire S which would surprise me given that it, along with the DHD, are quite common devices.

ReputationRep:
    Uhh, when I said "supporting phones" I should have been more specific and said "Any phones running Android 3.0+". Which cuts down the field a bit (particularly with regard to the DHD). I'm not sure yet if it'll make Ice Cream Sandwich on handset devices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Uhh, when I said "supporting phones" I should have been more specific and said "Any phones running Android 3.0+". Which cuts down the field a bit (particularly with regard to the DHD). I'm not sure yet if it'll make Ice Cream Sandwich on handset devices.
    So, really, what you should have said was "Android Tablets".

All phones are on 2.3.4 or below. I can't wait for Ice Cream Sarnie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    So, really, what you should have said was "Android Tablets".

All phones are on 2.3.4 or below. I can't wait for Ice Cream Sarnie.
    Yes, that's exactly what I should have said :P

ReputationRep:
    I need to decided whether I ditch the HD2 in September (when contract is up) or just buy a rolling contract until I want to upgrade.

Then whenever I do upgrade I need to decide whether to commit to another 2 year contract or buy the handset outright and then stick with a good-data rolling contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I need to decided whether I ditch the HD2 in September (when contract is up) or just buy a rolling contract until I want to upgrade.

Then whenever I do upgrade I need to decide whether to commit to another 2 year contract or buy the handset outright and then stick with a good-data rolling contract.
    Wait for the next Nexus phone.

720p screen + Android 4.0 = :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Wait for the next Nexus phone.

720p screen + Android 4.0 = :sexface:
    If that's true (and it can be rooted as easily as the One/S) then I'd definitely consider it :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone go for meego if it has same support as any Android phone get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengalisoldier)
    Would anyone go for meego if it has same support as any Android phone get?
    I'd take Meego over Android if it had the same level of support.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if I would.

My life is fairly Google-centric so moving to another OS would be rather difficult.

ReputationRep:
    oo yeh!!!

Officially better specs that my computer:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_duo-4047.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    oo yeh!!!

Officially better specs that my computer:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsso...a_duo-4047.php
    That sounds rather amazing.

Really quite like Timescape as well.

ReputationRep:
    Just sold my Desire, not enough apps. Was good phone but got bored due to less apps. So getting iPhone again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLoneWolf)
    Just sold my Desire, not enough apps. Was good phone but got bored due to less apps. So getting iPhone again.
    What apps were you missing :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What apps were you missing :lolwut:
    Loads of them, the favourite ones were Stickcricket, Parking Mania etc

ReputationRep:
    I just got my Galaxy S2 through the post today I've put it on charge since this morning and played around with it a little, but is it really necessary to charge it for 14 hours? After some extensive reading (including threads on TSR) I've concluded that it's pretty pointless. I'm just wondering what you Android fanatics do when you get your new phones.

I know this isn't the relevent place to ask this, so please forgive me!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLoneWolf)
    Loads of them, the favourite ones were Stickcricket, Parking Mania etc
    In terms of APPS there's not too much of a big difference but definitely for games there is. Saw my friend playing stick cricket, been hoping the Android Market would get it, but it hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    I just got my Galaxy S2 through the post today I've put it on charge since this morning and played around with it a little, but is it really necessary to charge it for 14 hours? After some extensive reading (including threads on TSR) I've concluded that it's pretty pointless. I'm just wondering what you Android fanatics do when you get your new phones.

I know this isn't the relevent place to ask this, so please forgive me!
    Typically, I look for ways to root the thing first

And this is absolutely the right place to post your question!

ReputationRep:
    Typically, I look for ways to root the thing first

And this is absolutely the right place to post your question!
    What do you mean by root? :holmes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.