Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah, contract is up mid september so I either get one early september, before I go back to uni or wait for an ICS phone which may not have a brilliant deal that you can get with the SGSII http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...30,All,tt1,ct1

I suppose so then, yeah it is quite a bit bigger than my hero but then yeah it's not massive
    Well, yeah, and by then there'll be even better deals too. Tough call that one dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Well, yeah, and by then there'll be even better deals too. Tough call that one dude!
    I know. I would also like a phone with NFC cos it may not be big now but it will be in a year or so when all new phones have them and being lumped with out of date hardware in my hero I don't want to be in the same boat again
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Linnean)
    Well, since my previous post regarding the problem (made under my old username), the amount of dust underneath the screen of my third handset has increased exponentially despite the fact it has been sat on my desk in a clean, relatively dust-free environment the entire time.

When I contacted the retailer regarding the dust after receiving this replacement I was given the choice of procuring yet another replacement or exchanging the Sensation for another model.

I must confess, the only reasons I haven't exchanged the Sensation for a Galaxy S2 is due to having already spent £45 on Sensation accessories before I received my first handset and the fact I'm just not as 'drawn' to the S2 as I am to the Sensation.

I'm really not sure what to do. I'm beginning to grow weary of paying for a £25.53 per month contract that I've been almost unable to use due to having to wait for replacement handsets, all of which have been plagued by the same problems to varying extents.

What would HTC's course of action likely be if I was to send my existing handset to them?
    I'm not sure what to say. Just get the Galaxy S II, and try and sell those accessories..

ReputationRep:
    Wheyyy Gingerbread coming to my Desire Z!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manzzzzz)
    Wheyyy Gingerbread coming to my Desire Z!
    About bloody time and all!

ReputationRep:
    thoughts on this: http://venturebeat.com/2011/07/15/wh...ones-is-scary/ ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If this paragraph from the article is accurate:
    The two patents relate to how data is processed. The first patent is described as a “system and method for performing an action on a structure in computer-generated data,” which Apple says applies, for example, to tapping a phone number and being prompted options to call or look it up on the web. The second is described as a “real-time signal processing system for serially transmitted data,” which Apple says relates to data processed in real-time applications.
    then surely every single phone (and perhaps every single computer) ever made violates these patents? Unless Apple got these back in the 1970s or something I don't see how they can possibly be upheld.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)

then surely every single phone (and perhaps every single computer) ever made violates these patents? Unless Apple got these back in the 1970s or something I don't see how they can possibly be upheld.
    The American patents system is severely flawed at the best of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The American patents system is severely flawed at the best of times.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    GUYS! I've dropped my phone in a river accidently today

I was wondering if anyone can find me a phone on android for £10/month. Big ask I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaz1992)
    GUYS! I've dropped my phone in a river accidently today

I was wondering if anyone can find me a phone on android for £10/month. Big ask I know.
    I think the cheapest you are going to find something is on something like http://www.buymobilephones.net/ Contracts only seem to start at around 15 quid a month and you'll need to buy the phone on top of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I think the cheapest you are going to find something is on something like http://www.buymobilephones.net/ Contracts only seem to start at around 15 quid a month and you'll need to buy the phone on top of that
    I was thinking of buying a samsung galaxy europa for £40 off o2 and might then unlock and go on a sim only deal.

ReputationRep:
    The cheapest without a phone? O2 Simplicity does £10/month for 100 mins + 500 texts without a phone.

ReputationRep:
    http://giffgaff.com/ - seriously.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    apprently bbm will come to android and iphone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Old news :p:

Also holds no appeal for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    If it actually does happen blackberry will have lost its only good thing left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    If it actually does happen blackberry will have lost its only good thing left.
    BBM isn't good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/a...-trouble/13714
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks - the linked to blog post in that article explains it a bit better, but they still sound far too general to be patentable.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.