Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmor1)
    I think it looks pretty sucky IMO, I don't like the mascot, think I'll stick to Symbian
    I will stick inside you.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help with this - on my Sensation I've installed an app and can send text messages in Chinese and they display fine, but when I receive texts in Chinese they just appear as question marks. How come sending is fine but I can't receive them normally?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cz100)
    Can anyone help with this - on my Sensation I've installed an app and can send text messages in Chinese and they display fine, but when I receive texts in Chinese they just appear as question marks. How come sending is fine but I can't receive them normally?
    I'm guessing it's an issue with the app? Couldn't you just change the language to Chinese or install the Chinese version of the ROM to get native support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm guessing it's an issue with the app? Couldn't you just change the language to Chinese or install the Chinese version of the ROM to get native support?
    I'm using Sogo input and have also installed Google pinyin. I can input text and send it fine, just the received texts aren't displaying right. What's ROM?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cz100)
    I'm using Sogo input and have also installed Google pinyin. I can input text and send it fine, just the received texts aren't displaying right. What's ROM?
    ROM is the like OS of your phone. But if you don't know about it I wouldn't mess about with it. What app are you using to receive the texts?

ReputationRep:
    ROM is the like OS of your phone. But if you don't know about it I wouldn't mess about with it. What app are you using to receive the texts?
    Just the normal messages. Don't know if the problem is with the Sensation or the Galaxy S2 I'm receiving the messages from.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cz100)
    Just the normal messages. Don't know if the problem is with the Sensation or the Galaxy S2 I'm receiving the messages from.
    Are you also using the normal messages to send texts with Chinese characters?

ReputationRep:
    Are you also using the normal messages to send texts with Chinese characters?
    Yep. The phone displays Chinese fine in all the apps and internet, the texts I'm receiving are the only occasion where it just shows question marks

ReputationRep:
    Got it sorted. It was the Galaxy's fault it should have had text input setting set as automatic
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cz100)
    Got it sorted. It was the Galaxy's fault it should have had text input setting set as automatic
    Ah cool.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone noticed just how popular HTC have become. I'm having people say 'I want a HTC' and I tell them the Galaxy S II is better but they reply with 'Yeah but I still want the HTC one'. As an owner of the Desire HD I'm wondering what spell they have placed on everyone :beard:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Anyone noticed just how popular HTC have become. I'm having people say 'I want a HTC' and I tell them the Galaxy S II is better but they reply with 'Yeah but I still want the HTC one'. As an owner of the Desire HD I'm wondering what spell they have placed on everyone :beard:
    I thought it was relatively close between the Galaxy S II and the Sensation (with the Galaxy S II edging it)? I've got a Desire (running a Desire HD ported ROM) and really like Sense (2.1 / 3.0). :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    HTC are like the Apple of the Android world.

Software is swish and so is the design. Power is an afterthought.
    I personally love HTC and I feel a bit cool to know I had the first Android Sense phone :shades:

However I don't really like the term "an HTC", seeing as there are plenty of different ones.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I thought it was relatively close between the Galaxy S II and the Sensation (with the Galaxy S II edging it)? I've got a Desire (running a Desire HD ported ROM) and really like Sense (2.1 / 3.0). :dontknow:
    To be honest they are close, but for me after seeing the GS II screen I would get it if I had a choice.
    (Original post by G8D)
    HTC are like the Apple of the Android world.

Software is swish and so is the design. Power is an afterthought.
    I personally love HTC and I feel a bit cool to know I had the first Android Sense phone :shades:

However I don't really like the term "an HTC", seeing as there are plenty of different ones.
    Yeah the 'an HTC' annoys me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    To be honest they are close, but for me after seeing the GS II screen I would get it if I had a choice.
    I haven't actually seen either of them physically but if I could have one or the other I'd have the Sensation out of brand loyalty (my Desire has been fantastic). However, I'm planning to wait another couple of generations (I'm guessing around a year and a half) before looking at getting a new phone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Worth getting a Samsung Galaxy S II at the mo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Worth getting a Samsung Galaxy S II at the mo?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm due a upgrade in December(I've currently got the HTC Legend). Does anyone know what could be out then?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    I'm due a upgrade in December(I've currently got the HTC Legend). Does anyone know what could be out then?
    wait for the galaxy s3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Maybe the next Nexus phone, which going off rumour entirely as if it's fact, will be awesome.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.