The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeyd85
Played with a mate's Nexus S today... Too big. Feels cheap. Stock ICS is lame. I hate the virtual buttons.

Mind you, I kinda was expecting all that anyway. Samsung phones just feel awful.

I was under the impression that phones with buttons don't get the virtual ones..?
Original post by Repressor
I was under the impression that phones with buttons don't get the virtual ones..?

The virtual buttons in ICS are on all devices. They're the ones that run along the bottom of the screen.
More SGS3 rumours. They say it will be released in April.

Features include:

12mp camera
quadcore cpu between 1.5-1.6GHz (bit far fetched I think)

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s_iii_to_hit_shelves_in_april_with_12_mp_camera_and_hd_screen-news-3712.php
Original post by Like_A_G6
quadcore cpu between 1.5-1.6GHz (bit far fetched I think)

Sounds reasonable to me. :smile: Tegra 3 is quad core, runs at 1.4Ghz. :smile:
Reply 6764
Sounds reasonable to me. :smile: Tegra 3 is quad core, runs at 1.4Ghz. :smile:

Surely the performance benefits vs battery life doesn't add up yet for a quad core phone. Even the Galaxy Nexus is limited to increase battery life!
Original post by tface
Surely the performance benefits vs battery life doesn't add up yet for a quad core phone. Even the Galaxy Nexus is limited to increase battery life!

Depends really. They've put a 5th core on there which (IIRC) is an Arm v7 chip running at 500Mhz for basic sys ops / idle. I'd imagine the code then only brings on 1 core at a time until all 4 are used, so unless you're doing something really heavy (GTA3 / the upcoming release of Resident Evil 4 etc...) I shouldn't think it'd be that bad. It's the monster sized screen that I'd be worried about.
(edited 12 years ago)
Awwww. It lasted well tbf!
:rip:

Does anyone know of a cache cleaner that lets me choose apps to ignore? My phone has been very well-behaved since I stopped using WidgetLocker (it used to die at about 84 hours, but it's been 226 hours without it dying or me dropping it, and it's still going strong! :thumbsup:). Anyway, I clean the cache every couple of days to keep it fresh, but then my wallpaper forgets which picture it's meant to be displaying and then it reverts to the first one in the folder and it's irritating me.

:colondollar: TIA

P.S. I'm using this one atm
Original post by + polarity -
Does anyone know of a cache cleaner that lets me choose apps to ignore? My phone has been very well-behaved since I stopped using WidgetLocker (it used to die at about 84 hours, but it's been 226 hours without it dying or me dropping it, and it's still going strong! :thumbsup:). Anyway, I clean the cache every couple of days to keep it fresh, but then my wallpaper forgets which picture it's meant to be displaying and then it reverts to the first one in the folder and it's irritating me.

:colondollar: TIA

P.S. I'm using this one atm

I use that, but i've never had that problem. You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?
Original post by TheCasual

You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?

No, I shall try this when I am with my phone again. :emog:
Reply 6771
The virtual buttons in ICS are on all devices. They're the ones that run along the bottom of the screen.

Huh? Phones with hardware buttons (like the Nexus S) don't get virtual buttons.
Original post by estel
Huh? Phones with hardware buttons (like the Nexus S) don't get virtual buttons.

This is a good thing. I don't know what I was thinking before...

I use that, but i've never had that problem. You tried uninstalling the app and then downloading it again?

:nope:
Reply 6774
This is a good thing. I don't know what I was thinking before...

Well, the Nexus S does have capacitive hardware buttons, rather than things that go click?

I'm on the other side of the fence though: hopefully within a few months we won't see any new phones coming out with hardware buttons, they should rot in the past.
Anyone know when ICS will be coming the the HTC Sensation XE ? They said early 2012 :eek:
Reply 6776
I'm sorry but android is for geeks. At least that's what it is like at my school.

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS
Original post by Mass.Debater
I'm sorry but android is for geeks. At least that's what it is like at my school.

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS

Is that meant to be an insult? I take 'geek' as a compliment. :yep:
Original post by estel
Well, the Nexus S does have capacitive hardware buttons, rather than things that go click?

I'm on the other side of the fence though: hopefully within a few months we won't see any new phones coming out with hardware buttons, they should rot in the past.

I quite like the soft buttons on the Desire S. Wouldn't change them for the strip on ICS for the world. :smile:

Original post by dignityinclay
Anyone know when ICS will be coming the the HTC Sensation XE ? They said early 2012 :eek:

I'd imagine early 2012. :tongue:

Mass.Debater

SEE YOU LATER GEEKS

Yah, that's why I've got one... You too cool for Android? Rocking BBOS per chance?

Edit: Since going ICS, I really don't know why I was so happy with Sense...
(edited 12 years ago)
Am I the only one who isn't bothered about ICS at the moment? The main reason I upgrade an OS or flash is for speed (second would be new features). But the stock OS on the SGS2 is very fast and I can't say it's missing any features that I want, so why would I upgrade? If it ain't broke...

Also, what about all the apps on the Market? I can imagine many are not fully compatible. I'm happy not upgrading to ICS for several more months.

Latest

Trending

Trending