Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Decided to take the risk and upgrade to 2.3 on my desire, didn't take to long and it seems to run faster and smoother. Couple of nice little add-ons aswell, no sense 2.1 though
    If you're rooted you can run the LeeDrOiD Desire HD Port which has an optional Sense 3.0 add-on. I've noticed it is a little slower though.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got the SGS2, pretty powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Even though I've only had my SanFran a year I'm tempted by this...
    Has it been a year already? :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Well... yeah... PAYG must be more lucrative than I thought (saying that, I haven't used / looked at PAYG for years, so I've no idea any more...)
    Sim-only contracts would likely work in a similar fashion to PAYG I suppose. They are quite popular too
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    Has it been a year already? :zomg:
    Yeah, got it just pre uni iirc...

Oh no, I've just remembered that I lost two phones last year...so I'm guessing I only got this after I lost the second one, so a few days after new years...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, got it just pre uni iirc...

Oh no, I've just remembered that I lost two phones last year...so I'm guessing I only got this after I lost the second one, so a few days after new years...
    8 months and you're already thinking of upgrading?

What about the SanFran's feelings? Ever consider them? :huff:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    8 months and you're already thinking of upgrading?

What about the SanFran's feelings? Ever consider them? :huff:
    But I've earned nearly £3000 this summer, it's gotta be spent on something...

ReputationRep:
    If you have so much to burn why not buy an off-contract SGS2 or the next big thing?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    If you have so much to burn why not buy an off-contract SGS2 or the next big thing?
    Cos I've already spent like £1500 and I want to save £1000

ReputationRep:
    Cos I've already spent like £1500 and I want to save £1000
    £500 would buy you a beast

It is quite a commitment though.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    £500 would buy you a beast

It is quite a commitment though.
    £500 would indeed...but I need money to last me through august as well
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I have the same problem as you, money that needs to be spent. I would love to buy an Android Tablet but tbh they're not good enough atm.

(Original post by RedGuy)
    Apparently £139.99 coming this month:

http://montecarlophone.co.uk/2011/07...ch-this-augus/
    Can't wait till it comes out I still think it will be under £100
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I have the same problem as you, money that needs to be spent. I would love to buy an Android Tablet but tbh they're not good enough atm.
    Even the Asus EEE Transformer? I've heard that's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    If you're rooted you can run the LeeDrOiD Desire HD Port which has an optional Sense 3.0 add-on. I've noticed it is a little slower though.
    Theres a slight problem with doing that at the moment, i cant root it or downgrade .
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Even the Asus EEE Transformer? I've heard that's pretty good.
    To be honest Honeycomb isn't finished. Google haven't released the source code because they didn't want just anyone porting it to any device and as a result giving Android a bad name. I have more faith in Ice cream though, which should hopefully be the release of a new Nexus style tablet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So as soon as I decide that I'll definitely get a SGS2, I discover that there will be possibly a S2 Plus released in a months time... :facepalm2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    So as soon as I decide that I'll definitely get a SGS2, I discover that there will be possibly a S2 Plus released in a months time... :facepalm2:
    Where did you hear this? And what could they possibly do at this time to improve the phone?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Where did you hear this? And what could they possibly do at this time to improve the phone?
    It's floating around on the interwebz. It had always been suggested that there would be a version of the S2 with NFC technology, but there are a few reports stating that the S2 Plus will have 1.4Ghz and NFC so that it can compete with the iPhone 5.

:dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    It's floating around on the interwebz. It had always been suggested that there would be a version of the S2 with NFC technology, but there are a few reports stating that the S2 Plus will have 1.4Ghz and NFC so that it can compete with the iPhone 5.

:dontknow:
    Hardly worth waiting for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.