Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Another questions once again guys. [sorry!]

Is the music / video plaer more than adequate? If I am going to use that as a music player for most of the day it should be okay right?
    I hear alot of complaints about the default Android music app, but HTC made their own and its pretty nice

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the normal Android music player is very bad, and they haven't even changed it for 2.0. So if you want a good music player go for a HTC or wait for the X10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Yeah the normal Android music player is very bad, and they haven't even changed it for 2.0. So if you want a good music player go for a HTC or wait for the X10.
    I'm asumming when you said HTC you ment the hero?

Well I found one going for quite cheaply, I will purchase if I can convince him to unlock it for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm asumming when you said HTC you ment the hero?

Well I found one going for quite cheaply, I will purchase if I can convince him to unlock it for me.
    He means any HTC. Currently in the UK there are two HTC Android/SenseUI phones, the Hero and the Tattoo. And in America there is the [other] Hero and the "Droid Eris"...

All of these have the good music player

Hero is the best of our options though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    He means any HTC. Currently in the UK there are two HTC Android/SenseUI phones, the Hero and the Tattoo. And in America there is the [other] Hero and the "Droid Eris"...

All of these have the good music player

Hero is the best of our options though.
    I think that getting Hero will be better for me in the long run. Especially now I can get it slightly cheaper than the Tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the best deal for the HTC Hero (contract) at the moment, i'm looking for around 400-600 minutes (magic number on Orange would be wonderful), unlimited texts and decent internet usage (will probably use Sat Nav features in the Eclair update), ideally on 18 month contract?

Any deals would be great as i'd just go into Phones4U and argue them down in price.

ReputationRep:
    is it possible to set a password on gmail and messages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bds)
    is it possible to set a password on gmail and messages?
    Only thing I can think of is locking your phone with the pattern unlock feature. Stops access to everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Anyone know the best deal for the HTC Hero (contract) at the moment, i'm looking for around 400-600 minutes (magic number on Orange would be wonderful), unlimited texts and decent internet usage (will probably use Sat Nav features in the Eclair update), ideally on 18 month contract?

Any deals would be great as i'd just go into Phones4U and argue them down in price.
    Have a look on buymobilephones.net but if you are looking on tmobile you have to look under the G2 in the dropdown phone list

ReputationRep:
    When is Eclair coming out? Also, link me to a memory card because I've finally filled up my phone! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    play.com have 8GB cards for £9.99 at the moment, I'm totally going to get one as soon as I can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    Android 2.1 has been leaked with HTC sense. Its not the final version and its got a few problems but at least we know its going to be released soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    Android 2.1 has been leaked with HTC sense. Its not the final version and its got a few problems but at least we know its going to be released soon!
    Sure it was 2.1 and not 2.0 google hasn't released the api's for 2.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Sure it was 2.1 and not 2.0 google hasn't released the api's for 2.1
    http://htcsource.com/index.php?optio...=835&Itemid=50

As well as Engadget and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    http://htcsource.com/index.php?optio...=835&Itemid=50

As well as Engadget and others.
    http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/10/a-lovely-eclair/ this was what I wrote about a MONTH ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/10/a-lovely-eclair/ this was what I wrote about a MONTH ago
    Not sure what to blame it on but I'm missing your point.

ReputationRep:
    Landscape mode will be cool, if they get it working..

ReputationRep:
    does the hero not do landscape at the moment? i thought like all touch screens did that

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's getting a HTC Hero :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's getting a HTC Hero :awesome:
    Weyhey! Glad to have another one on our side! Congrats!

Edit: That second quote in your profile is funny as!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.