Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    It's floating around on the interwebz. It had always been suggested that there would be a version of the S2 with NFC technology, but there are a few reports stating that the S2 Plus will have 1.4Ghz and NFC so that it can compete with the iPhone 5.

:dontknow:
    Root your sgs2, overclock it. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08...n-oscar-video/

Dam release dates :lol:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23320996/

We'll soon be wearing smartphones on our heads in some bizarre augmented reality lifestyle choice... Fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me? :sad:

Have a problem with my new S2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Can anyone help me? :sad:

Have a problem with my new S2
    It might help if you actually say what the problem is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It might help if you actually say what the problem is...
    Oh yeah good point.

Is the android 2.3.4 out for the S2? Mine gets a tad hot and I heard that the 2.3.4 fixes this problem to some extent :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah good point.

Is the android 2.3.4 out for the S2? Mine gets a tad hot and I heard that the 2.3.4 fixes this problem to some extent :confused:
    I think you can get 2.3.4 (think it was released in Poland) your best just upgrading the firmware (BUKG2 I think is the newest from Vodafone)and it should be noticeably cooler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebark)
    I think you can get 2.3.4 (think it was released in Poland) your best just upgrading the firmware (BUKG2 I think is the newest from Vodafone)and it should be noticeably cooler
    But how do I do this? There is apparently no software update from Samsung itself.

ReputationRep:
    But how do I do this? There is apparently no software update from Samsung itself.
    Need to install the Polish version,...not sure how it's done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebark)
    Need to install the Polish version,...not sure how it's done
    Just out of curiosity why does Poland have t but we don't?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I ve just cam back.from.abroad, put mu uk sim.in my phone and my 3G isnt working

Can u help ?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    This might be a realy basic q, do u have to unlock ur phone to root it? Secondly is it safe? Also does it realy improve the battery life (cyanogenmod) on htc desire?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    This might be a realy basic q, do u have to unlock ur phone to root it? Secondly is it safe? Also does it realy improve the battery life (cyanogenmod) on htc desire?

Thanks.
    Depends on the phone and what version of the software you have on it.
    Possibly - if you used a conservative CPU governor, then yes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No you don't have to unlock (but you can now do this for free anyway). Yes it is very safe (obviously there is some risk if you pull the battery / power whilst doing it or something but you'd have to be exceedingly unlucky to brick your phone with the current methods). And yes it can improve battery life (if you use SetCPU to govern the processor clock speed, for instance).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Depends on the phone and what version of the software you have on it.
    Possibly - if you used a conservative CPU governor, then yes.

(Original post by alex_hk90)
    No you don't have to unlock (but you can now do this for free anyway). Yes it is very safe (obviously there is some risk if you pull the battery / power whilst doing it or something but you'd have to be exceedingly unlucky to brick your phone with the current methods). And yes it can improve battery life (if you use SetCPU to govern the processor clock speed, for instance).
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Now i am an absolute android n00b with htc desire running android 2.2 (Again srry for the basic q's), is there like a n00b friendly rooting guide u guys would recommend plz?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I'm thinking of getting the HTC Mozart... i really know nothing about phones, i just got this recommended to me.
    Thoughts and better recomendations would be appreciated
    (I currently have an IPhone and i hate it btw :P)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. Now i am an absolute android n00b with htc desire running android 2.2 (Again srry for the basic q's), is there like a n00b friendly rooting guide u guys would recommend plz?
    I'm pretty sure there's a few over in the xda-devs Desire Dev forum - I can see one called "Noob Proof Everything Desire Guide" that is probably what you're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlobobo)
    Hello
    I'm thinking of getting the HTC Mozart... i really know nothing about phones, i just got this recommended to me.
    Thoughts and better recomendations would be appreciated
    (I currently have an IPhone and i hate it btw :P)
    That's a Windows Phone 7 phone.

that's about all I can say for it!

ReputationRep:
    anyone here using a milestone 2 ?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.