Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    No, you're right - ideally it would be to revert back to Orange branded to return if it doesn't work. However, it seems that Orange haven't realised any RUU (update files) so at the moment you can only revert to an unbranded (but also unrooted ROM). The reason for doing this I think is that rooting technically voids your warranty - I don't know about unbranding to be honest.
    Icccc..i'm thinking of creating a gold card for that just in case. Thanks a lot for your help and bearing with me mate! Although my rep is insignificant in comparison to urs, out of good will i will def rep u 2mro!

Thanks!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Icccc..i'm thinking of creating a gold card for that just in case. Thanks a lot for your help and bearing with me mate! Although my rep is insignificant in comparison to urs, out of good will i will def rep u 2mro!

Thanks!
    That sounds like a good plan, and you're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayhamz)
    if you want to spend more...then Motorola Atrix or better still Defy aint bad as well! and its cheap.
    hmmm...im looking at either Samsung or HTC to be honest...

any at £250 or less...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zakir)
    hey guys...

best android phone for approx. £250 on pay as you go?

doesn't need to be that exact amount..thanks

P.S. btw, what do you guys think of the Samsung Galaxy Ace, LC Optimus 2X and HTC Desire S?

which one is best out of those three (asking out of interest)

Out of those three i'd say desire S, but theres the orange-monte carlo which is coming out soon and im sure it was being retailed at around £160 or so. Someone on here should be able to confirm, but i'd check that out if i were you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnnn)
    Out of those three i'd say desire S, but theres the orange-monte carlo which is coming out soon and im sure it was being retailed at around £160 or so. Someone on here should be able to confirm, but i'd check that out if i were you
    Hey, thanks. Hmm, not sure...i prefer 3.7" screens, find it too big otherwise lol

Are there any other ones you'd recommend..?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    So as soon as I decide that I'll definitely get a SGS2, I discover that there will be possibly a S2 Plus released in a months time... :facepalm2:
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...-s-ii-variant/

http://www.gsmarena.com/tmobilebound...-news-2658.php

ReputationRep:
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobil...rtphone-market

ReputationRep:
    hey guys..

was just reading some reviews on the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Some people have said that you can't install apps onto the memory card, and can only install them on its internal phone memory?

is that true?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    That sounds like a good plan, and you're welcome.
    Hello mate,

Sorry to trouble u all da time. Bassikly i downloaded da RUU u recommended and this is what it says :

Is there another RUU u would recommend plz mate? I'm running 32.48.00.32u_5.10.05.30 (baseband version) and build number is
    2.17.61.3 CL274424 release keys.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Orange Monte Carlo Review: http://montecarlophone.co.uk/2011/08...-carlo-review/.

Looks like a pretty decent bit of kit for the price.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by diracdeltafunc)
    Is there another RUU u would recommend plz mate? I'm running 32.48.00.32u_5.10.05.30 (baseband version) and build number is
    2.17.61.3 CL274424 release keys.

Thanks!
    Have you tried both the 2.29 and 2.36 RUUs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    Orange Monte Carlo Review: http://montecarlophone.co.uk/2011/08...-carlo-review/.

Looks like a pretty decent bit of kit for the price.
    "the increase in size and resolution certainly compensates."
    :confused:

Anyway, I would never opt for one of these budget mid-rangers as I'm power hungry, love high density screens and prefer to have a reasonably good build quality as opposed to cheap plastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    "the increase in size and resolution certainly compensates."
    :confused:

Anyway, I would never opt for one of these budget mid-rangers as I'm power hungry, love high density screens and prefer to have a reasonably good build quality as opposed to cheap plastic.
    But with it you get a true Vanilla device which will undoubtedly get huge community dev support at some point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    But with it you get a true Vanilla device which will undoubtedly get huge community dev support at some point.
    Plenty of high-end, and high quality, devices get a true Vanilla experience and a huge dev community (especially HTCs).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Plenty of high-end, and high quality, devices get a true Vanilla experience and a huge dev community (especially HTCs).
    True. Except the Desire S so far. :sad: At least it's getting there.

I'd have one of these just for a fun hack device

ReputationRep:
    True. Except the Desire S so far. :sad: At least it's getting there.

I'd have one of these just for a fun hack device
    Is there a hub for ZTE Blade development that's not XDA? The forum over at XDA is very lacklustre considering when compared to, say, the HD2 NAND forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Is there a hub for ZTE Blade development that's not XDA? The forum over at XDA is very lacklustre considering when compared to, say, the HD2 NAND forum.
    Nah, the blade never really got too much going for it.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, the blade never really got too much going for it.
    Oh, I thought that was where you were projecting the Monte's huge community from :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Oh, I thought that was where you were projecting the Monte's huge community from :p:
    Nah, I reckon it'll come from it being a 4", cheap vanilla device. As far as I'm aware, only the LG G2X (and it ain't cheap either!) in the US is the only other phone to offer that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm experiencing 'heat issues' with my S2 when it gets hot it goes up to 40 degrees Celsius and when charging up to 46 degrees if im on the internet. Should I return it?

Bought online from carphone warehouse btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.