Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ^No, ALL mobile devices suffer from heat issues.

ReputationRep:
    My HD2 overheats if I touch a 3D game for more than 10 minutes.

The aluminium backing has some kind of protective layer on it that blisters and bursts under the heat
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Got my desire hd overclocked to 1.6ghz and it literally never get hot apart from after a long charge, and I have my governor on 'on demand' so as soon as I touch the screen it ramps the CPU to max. However I've heard dual core phones tend to get hot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ah, my S2 has arrived!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    K, the SGS2 is awesome (as predicted)

However, having come from an iOS background I'm finding the myriad of customisation options pretty overwhelming. I've downloaded LauncherPro but that's managed to confuse me even more!

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    K, the SGS2 is awesome (as predicted)

However, having come from an iOS background I'm finding the myriad of customisation options pretty overwhelming. I've downloaded LauncherPro but that's managed to confuse me even more!
    This is Day Two of Android and the SGS2 for me having moved over from a 3Gs, so I'm at a similar stage of the learning curve! I've had a mess about with LauncherPro, ADW etc but, in all honesty, I think I prefer TouchWiz. Does that make me crazy?!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rainy)
    This is Day Two of Android and the SGS2 for me having moved over from a 3Gs, so I'm at a similar stage of the learning curve! I've had a mess about with LauncherPro, ADW etc but, in all honesty, I think I prefer TouchWiz. Does that make me crazy?!
    :five:

Nope, I feel the same! TouchWiz is more straightforward and less confusing.

ReputationRep:

There will come a point where you will transcend the feature set of TouchWiz and feel the need for more. Launcher Pro will be waiting for you.

TW is pretty iOSy imo, so you are likely better to stick with it for now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Happened with me in the beginning. These guys told me Launcher Pro was the bomb, I refused to believe it. Now I can't stand Sense UI. When you get your barrings with Android you'll grow a hunger for more customisation!

ReputationRep:
    HTC "Beats" phones on their way... not sure if good.

Are the HP Beats laptops any good?

Hi guys I have a problem

My "Contacts Storage" data keeps growing and making my free storage space dwindle! I'm going to update my current ROM to see if it helps, but if it doesn't, is there anything I can do? Because I'm sure I've lost a few contacts from deleting the data and letting it sync again, and my call logs are gone, and I don't get many calls so seeing the log empty for so long is quite depressing. :emo:

Thanks,
    +-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

I dunno, be interesting to see what they bring out though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random-scribbles)
    Hello, I'm a bit of a technophobe. I have a HTC desire and the thing is android version 2.2 but it won't let me video skype, even though apparently you need 2.2 or higher, my bfriend has a google nexus thing and his video-ing works but he's now on 2.3.4.....or something like that??? Anyone got any idea how I can sort it so I can video skype?
    Good news you can now enable video calling by going to skype settings..you need froyo 2.2 or greater and the latest skype upgrade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Yeah heard about that really interesting to see HTC phones with beats audio.
    I have HP pavilion dv6 that got beats audio you can use with any headphone and it's will sound so amazing best laptop I ever had.

ReputationRep:
    A operating system for mobile devices.

Unless you mean the other form of android which is a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human.

ReputationRep:
    we need more fun apps droid..........

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know that the Evolution 3D was coming to the UK
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    I didn't know that the Evolution 3D was coming to the UK
    Please, even I knew that and I'm a massive noob. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Evo *
    Autocorrect.

Shup you :mob:

Anyone know to recover a lost gmail password without the security answer? :s I've forgot mine :emo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.